Revis to hold out again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Revis to hold out again?

That's right, Revis after holding out 2 years again for one of the richest CB contracts in the league is once again thinking about holding out after seeing what Carr and Finnegan received this offseason

"Darrelle Revis is unhappy with his contract situation, and didn't rule out the possibility of a holdout when speaking to reporters Monday.
    "I just don't know," said Revis. "I'm not saying I am going to holdout. I'm not saying I'm not." Revis held out for over a month back in 2010 before signing a four-year, $46 million extension. Only 26 and clearly the most dominant player at his position, Revis is understandably upset after watching inferior Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan land huge contracts. He has plenty of leverage and likely won't be satisfied unless he's the league's top-paid cornerback."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Revis to hold out again?

Followed by a hamstring injury when he returns.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Why not, he's really good at it and the Jet organization is run by clowns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again?:
    [QUOTE]If you knew the details of his contract you'd realize that he has no leverage and this is about as likely as the patsies putting a defense on the field that doesn't suck.  But we know you patsie fans love the drama more than the game. That being said, Revis is the best CB in the NFL and if he got the same deal Carr got, that would be a bargain.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Yes being 3 years into a 4 year $46mil deal gives him no leverage. How about just playing out your contract? I mean I might be wrong hear but the yearly average is similar to what Carr and Finnegan will see he's just mad that they are making as much as he is lol. But, yes lets look at that contract for a second. Between 11' and 12' he will be paid $32mil. Yes $32mil over 2 years. The Jets were foolish to pay him almost $25mil last season since he doesn't see he was overpaid last season, just that now he's underpaid.

If you have any doubt here's a fun read from a Jets fans own site

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : Are you rusty or are you just as dumb as rusty.  You realize it's all about the cap, right? Why would any idiot care how much cash he got last year? In your tiny brain, it matters more that he got 7 mil cash in 2010 and 25 mil cash in 2011 than 16 mil each?   If you want the best at a position, it costs money.  For example, Tom Brady has a CAP HIT of almost 22 mil for each of the next two seasons. What's worse, paying a guy 25 mil with a cap hit of 11 or paying a guy 11 with a cap hit of 22?  Why didn't you mention that Revis' salary in 2012 is less than 5 mil?  What a steal! If you had read that article you'd know that if Revis holds out, his contract extends for 3 years.  If Revis holds out, it'll have to be for 4 years.

because his salary might be $4mil but his cap hit is $11mil due to bonuses. Oh yes since those bonuses are prorated you will still be counting those against the cap util 2016 even though his contract ends in 2014, very good cap management there. I'd rather Brady with a capp hit of $22mil that you planned around then Revis that will have his cap hit extended beyond his contract. BTW if you want to play the base salary game Revis, Tebow, and Sanchez all have higher base salaries then Brady this year, so quite a deal huh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : One player taking 1/6 of the cap two years in a row is better than spreading it out?  Dude?  You must be rusty.

How's that string of consecutive Super bowl victories working out for you? 43 years now isn't it.

That terrible defense kicked your pathetic Jets around the field last season loser.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Phat's delusions have reached the point where he's seeing Rusty everywhere, lol 

Ohh how sad a life you must lead

btw: wouldn't you let your team give up those yardage totals if they could just make a superbowl, yet alone win one? Fair trade imo then not making the playoffs to begin with

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : Ah yes, choking in the superbowl is so impressive.  Almost as much as the dominating win against the Ravens to get there. 

As if you would know what it felt like to get to a super bowl!!  Hahahahaha!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The face of your franchise!!!
    No wonder you're sooooooo bitter...
    43+++

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : you are so right.  I have no idea how incredible it must be to lose a superbowl.  The exhilaration of slamming the door on the Ravens must have been incredible.  Then following that up with watching master Eli dominate your secondary - I'm so jealous.  Hey, remember in 2010 when only winning the superbowl mattered?  When did all that change?

Very good point, I mean it doesn't compare to exhilaration of winning one like in 04', 03', or 01'. But, I'm sure you know what the difference in feeling is between getting to one and winning one. I mean it's not like you haven't even been to one since 69'...... 

BTW when did you become a Jets fan?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : you are so right.  I have no idea how incredible it must be to lose a superbowl.  The exhilaration of slamming the door on the Ravens must have been incredible.  Then following that up with watching master Eli dominate your secondary - I'm so jealous.  Hey, remember in 2010 when only winning the superbowl mattered?  When did all that change?

Giants 29

(8-7, 5-3 away)

Jets 14

(8-7, 6-2 home)

Wasn't this the game Rex was to show the world who the Big Brother of NY was?  He sure did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : I've been to three.

I know that Rex said they would win the last 3 but he didn't actually win them

How many of the Jets SB appearances have you seen? Since you are a self proclaimed Jets fan, going to a game and routing for your team are two different things. Me personally I have seen my Pats play in 7 and win 3 but how many Jets SB's have you seen?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

He probably will.  All he cares about is money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Jets 13

(5-5, 1-4 away)

Broncos 17

(5-5, 2-3 home

Jets 17

(2-2, 0-2 away)

Ravens 34

(3-1, 2-0 home)

Giants 29

(8-7, 5-3 away)

Jets 14

(8-7, 6-2 home

Looks like the best corner in the NFL was sick those days, huh?
    Had to have been.  How else do you explain the ravens and jints doubling up on ya?  LOL LOL LOL
    Don't worry, I won't show the Pats/Jest games that accounted for 2 of your 8 losses.  That would be cruel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : I don't think you know what self proclaimed means.  Suddenly, after realizing what an idiot you are regarding Revis' contract, you want to talk about how good the patsies were back in 2004?  Typical patsie fan.  Strangely enough you run a way from that argument when it involved the Sox/Yankees.  Why?

How was I an idiot about Revis's contract?

He was paid $32.5 mil between 10-11' on a 4 year deal worth $46mil. The bonus ($18mil) did not start until 2011 and was prorated for 6 years but cap wise was counted for 4 years (that's 1 year past his contract it counts against the cap). His 12' and 13' contract is guaranteed against injury or skills so he's going to get paid the remaining $13.5mil over the next 2 years unless his gets injured or his skills decrease. If cut today his cap hit would be $22.5mil which is $9mil more then his base salaries for 12' adn 13' combined meaning that the prorated bonus will count into 2014 as it was split into 4 years with only 3 years remaining on the contract. Revis doesn't understand he was just paid $32mil over the last 2 years and is just seeing that his base for the next 2 years is smaller then Carr's and Finnegan's so he's acting like a baby and might hold out until those 2 seasons match his previous seasons at $16.25mil/yr average. So please try to rub two brain cells together an explain where I'm wrong with my contract assessment on Revis because even if he doesn't resign with the Jets after the 13' season he will still count as dead money in 14'. Right now he has the leverage since they can't dump and it's unlikely they would trade him. But go ahead and give into the best CB in the league because paying a position player who isn't a QB large sums of cap space doesn't affect your depth at all which in turn doesn't affect your ability to get to a SB or even the playoffs this past season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : You're an idiot, period.  In this case, because you think it is somehow more relevant to have gotten money up front and have a low cap charge than to count 22 million in 2013-2014 against the cap as Brady will.  Furthermore, you clearly believe that Revis can hold out with no repercussions to him.  this proves that you are either an idiot or you cannot comprehend the contract details that you posted.

The repercussions is that he will miss part of his base salary prorated over the amount of time missed. If he wants to holdout because he feels the amount lost will be lower the amount he could potential gain in a new contract then he feels there are no repercussions only benefits.

BTW Brady's cap hit isn't prorated past his contract date like Revis's so frankly his cap hit won't be counted past his current contract. So actually Brady's money is up front over the length of the contract while part of Revis's is back loaded past his contract. Now if you want to compare apples to apples lets look at only QB's which is Brady and Sanchez. Would you rather have Brady at a $22mil contract hit in years in which the cap is expected to increase almost 25% or Sanchez who's cap numbers will be $12mil per year respectively? Lets see that $10mil difference is about what Revis's cap currently stands (well I spot you the $1.5mil) without Revis holding out so would you rather have Brady or Sanchez and Revis? Since one has gotten me to the SB recently and the other, well hasn't I'm going with the one that got me to a SB recently. Have a nice day

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : Wow! Aside from rusty pinkhat, not too many here are dumb enough to post something like that.  You think that the only explanation for the Ravens scoring 34 was Revis? Was that because of Flacco's 10/30 and rating below 40?  As an example of how bad Revis is, you thought the Broncos putting up 17 with Tebow's rating of 60 was proof?  Then you post that Eli's 9/27 on the way to his rating of 61 was further proof of Revis' poor play? I think I understand the problem here.  You don't know who Revis is or what position he plays, do you?

Pretty sure bevis had something to do with the jints and ravens doubling up on ya.  Might have something to do with his job being to "prevent scoring" in which he seems to have failed miserably at.
    The point is, you make light of the Pats play-off wins and the Pats in general when your sorry, pathetic JV team beat NONE OF THEM.
    Do you know how ignorant that is?
    But if your happy paying a CB as much as a QB, (especially when said CB contributed to your 8-8 record and the lack of depth on your JV team), then so beit.
    It certainly explains your 43+ years of failure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Jets might have contractual protection against a holdout, but that assumes that they would be willing to play hardball and let Revis sit out long enough that he finally gives up and is forced to honor his current contract with the additional years tacked on.  If Revis thinks they are just bluffing and will give him a new contract since they need him so badly then he might hold out because he thinks he can play chicken with the FO and win.  There is more pressure on Tannenbaum and Ryan this year coming off a disappointing season not to mention the NY media circus that would result if the Jets let Revis sit out.  Therefore it is possible that Revis could take a gamble and hold out.  This scenario isn't that complicated (although it is by no means a given), but seems to be beyond Mangione's limited cognitive ability to comprehend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : Revis is getting 22 million?

Typical PhatRex reply. Pezz just owned you, troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : Revis is getting 22 million?

Who is getting 22m?  Peyton?
    Look DH, spin it any way you want.  Criticize a team that's head and shoulders above yours in every aspect.
    It doesn't matter and doesn't change the fact that your team is, always has been, and always will be trash.
    Wallow in it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis to hold out again? : 1) I would not care if he holds out any more than if you got hit by a truck 2) It is very unlikely that he would hold out considering it would have to be for three years to be effective. 3) Revis is the best CB in the NFL, should be and likely will be paid as such. 4) ANY PLAYER CAN HOLD OUT AT ANY TIME 5) The Jets have two other corners not named Revis better than any CB on the patsie roster 6) Why you losers are so concerned with something that potentially could happen after the 2012 season shows just how pathetic you are. 7) More pressure? You're an idiot. The pressure in NY is the same every year. 

1) Aw did I hurt your feelings?

2) First you said he wasn't going to hold out.  Now you say it is unlikely.  That's progress!  If Revis thinks the Jets would give him a new contract if he held out because they need him then he doesn't need to hold out for 3 years, he just needs to do it long enough to force the FO's hand.

3) Non-sequitur

4) True, but not all players have held out in the past or publically stated that they hadn't ruled out holding out again.

5) Non-sequitur, but you are overrating Wilson.

6) The scenario we are talking about would take place going into this season.  Does that make your brain hurt too much to think about?

7) There is always more pressure coming off a disappointing season.  If you think Rex has as much job security as he did last season you are kidding yourself.

Not your best trolling effort.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I hope Revis holds out for more $$. That only hurts the jets and helps the pats. GO REVIS, GET THAT MONEY

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Revis figures he will never win a ring with the Jets so he might as well get all the cash from them that he can.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

posted at 4/24/2012 3:28 PM EDT

First: 3/28/2012
    Last: 4/24/2012

I hope Revis holds out for more $$. That only hurts the jets and helps the pats. GO REVIS, GET THAT MONEY

Hey!!! thats one of my dogs!

You go Revis.. Show them whos Boss... Get all the cash your due.