11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Revis trade and Jets cap hit

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

And yet last week you kept saying how the Jets have to trade Revis only to be schooled by me in the unlikleyhood of that happening... why? For the exact reason that you are now yapping about.  What a complete tool you are.

It still makes sense to trade Revis despite the dead money because they will incur 3/4 of it if he walks after next season.  If he does walk they will probably get something like a 3rd round pick in compensation.  If they can get more than that now (there are rumors Revis could garner a 1st round pick and maybe even a conditional pick in addition) why wouldn't you?  Of course Rex doesn't want this to happen because he recognizes correctly that he is gone after this season if the team doesn't improve, but that isn't Idzik's concern.

If they get a first for Revis it will be a really great deal and I will believe it when I see it. I will actually be surprised if any team coughs up a 2nd for him - he is a one year rental at the moment, so you have to have a new deal in place prior to the trade and that is going to be hard to accomplish at the kind of money Revis wants. And teams building for the future know they can just wait one year and compete for him on the open market without giving up any assets now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Re: Revis trade and Jets cap hit

Onve again I come in here to discuss patriots football and the obsessive Jets fan Riding with the King just keeps on and an and on about the Jets.

Don't read his posts he comes across as a condescending know it all.

This place if full of them.

Why are we talking Jets when there is so much to talk about with the pats?!

Drunk players,jailbird players and your QB that just strafed the pats for an additional 27 million in guaranteed $$   add in Spygate to the mix and we can talk for hours!!

All this Jets speak from a closet Jets fan is getting ion my nerves.

Sections
Shortcuts