Revis would make a good Pat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Revis would make a good Pat

His comment amid the usual Jets BS about how great they are and how they "handled" the Bills.

In reality, the Jets did not stop Buffalo. Buffalo stopped Buffalo, with Johnson’s unfathomable drop at the Jets’ 25 with 31 seconds remaining the pivotal play on a series that exposed, if not confirmed, the Jets’ defensive shortcomings. A Buffalo team that the Jets had crushed just three weeks earlier — on the road, against an offense at full strength — dismantled their vaunted secondary.

“Was that our best effort? No, it wasn’t,” cornerback Darrelle Revis said, adding: “It’s getting to be December. We can’t be making these mistakes this late in the season like this.”

He has the usual Jet BS swagger but time and again I see an honest interview where he praises Brady or speaks truth about the Jets. I figure he must hate playing for a team of goofs..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Re: Revis would make a good Pat

Revis is an idiot.  If he was not allowed to hold the receivers, he would be ordinary at best.  He was beat bad several times last Sunday.  He would not be able to get aways with the antics he pulls on the Patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

they'll never let him go unless his agent slips an Asomugha clause into his contract to prevent franchising him

but i like him.  he's the new Ty Law.  very physical.  willing and able tackler even in isolation in the open field.  smart.  growing into a leader since there is a leadership void there (tough to lead from the cornerback position which is only on one side of the field...).  helps others improve, specifically Kyle Wilson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

he would NOT make a good Pat.

a.)he holds out every 2 years
    b.)he puts himself before the team.

Revis would make an excellent new york jet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Just like his mentor Ty  Law he does hold. Ty was always called for this early in his career.

To his credit though, even without holding he is the best CB. He is good at holding and only does it for a second to keep up. Not the "omg im beat for a TD hold"

I still think Woodson is the better all around guy, but who would you take today?  Of Course Revis, as he is in his prime and Woody is a grey beard almost at the end of a great career.

Woodson gets sacks, FF's and INT's and is a willing tackler as well.

Revis just shuts downs WR's but he is good at it.  Sunday was his 1st TD given up and not sure why he backed off like that.

His completion percentage against him is like 36%....far and away the best in the NFL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Hold or not Revis is the best. I don't like that he often won't come up physical to tackle. I don't like that he holds out. I don't like that he costs so much money.

Would I want him on my team. Yes. Would I want to pay him ... I'm not sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

We couldn't afford Revis. Plain and simple. This is the fact of life in a sport with a real salary cap. You have to pay much of your cap to a good core group of players and round out the squad on the hope that you hit the lottery on some mid to lower draft picks and maybe sign an aging vet or two with some gas left in the tank and a desire to get a chance at a ring before they retire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There's a lot of dbacks in this league who don't get away with the holds that Revis gets away with.  Take away his little jersey grab move and he's not such an island anymore.  But yeah, any team would want this guy playing the position for them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Revis would make a good Pat:
    [QUOTE]His comment amid the usual Jets BS about how great they are and how they "handled" the Bills. In reality, the Jets did not stop Buffalo. Buffalo stopped Buffalo, with Johnson’s unfathomable drop at the Jets’ 25 with 31 seconds remaining the pivotal play on a series that exposed, if not confirmed, the Jets’ defensive shortcomings. A Buffalo team that the Jets had crushed just three weeks earlier — on the road, against an offense at full strength — dismantled their vaunted secondary. “Was that our best effort? No, it wasn’t,” cornerback Darrelle Revis said, adding: “It’s getting to be December. We can’t be making these mistakes this late in the season like this.” He has the usual Jet BS swagger but time and again I see an honest interview where he praises Brady or speaks truth about the Jets. I figure he must hate playing for a team of goofs..
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I like the guy.  And for a Jet, he is remarkably NOT full of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he's a hell of a player and I have noticed that for the most part he doesn't make a fool of himself in interviews - on a team that's loaded with fools. I'd take him in a heart beat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Revis would make a good Pat:
    [QUOTE]Hold or not Revis is the best. I don't like that he often won't come up physical to tackle. I don't like that he holds out. I don't like that he costs so much money. Would I want him on my team. Yes. Would I want to pay him ... I'm not sure.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

he's a willing tackler.  i think you're confusing him with Cromartie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the other thing i like about him was how he was directing traffic as a CB. tougher for him to do from one side of the field, but i noticed this when they played the pats and most of the jets defense was messed up as the pats changed formations so often

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I would take Revis on this team in a heartbeat, assuming a reasonable contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

I agree he is allowed to hold and hang a whole lot more than any other I have seen play his position, as a matter of fact - I can't remember the last time I saw him penalized?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I don't know what you guys are watching, but ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE would love to have Revis.  For those saying nay, are crazy.  I agree he costs a lot, but that man is, hands down, the best CB in the league.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Pat would make a good Revis.  I see that as valid as the obverse.

The guy is in New York where is going to stay for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Revis would make a good Pat:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what you guys are watching, but ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE would love to have Revis.  For those saying nay, are crazy.  I agree he costs a lot, but that man is, hands down, the best CB in the league.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Fat lot of good having the best corner in the league does if you don't have any money left to get decent players to fill the other 10 starting defense spots or any quality subs to come in when players get injured.