Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Revis

Did the guy have a great year last year, yes. Revis was on the field when the Patriots broke all kind of passing records in 2007. He was also out there in 2008 and  were ranked 28th against the pass that year, and had to bring in Ty Law Remember him. Cassel threw for 400 yards against the Jets that year, so did Warner and the Cardinals. Rex although a Big mouth, deserves much of the credit for the Rise of Revis.For all of us who hope the Jets will implode this year. Can't wait for week 2, will be flying to New York for this one.My Question Better defensive coach over the last 4 years Ryan or Belichick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Revis

But, but, I thought he always had help...Just ask moss.  We still have Rex.  You still have the hooded shweatshirt.  It is a much different defense than the mangini years.  comparing apples to oranges.

As for comparing the hooded one to Rex, your coach has won more hardware.  My coach has consistantly had top 5 defenses since he became a DC or HC.  Your coach is a paranoid head case, my coach is a trash talking tough guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

lol, you contradict yourself time and time again yet I am the one who is pretending to be right...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Revis:
    My coach is the greatest defensive mind ever, has coached a defense to a SB 7 times in 35 years in this league. Patriots 44 is correct with what he is implying. Revis benefitted from Rex Ryan's blitz schemes. They creatively get different people through the line very similar to a Steve Spagnoulo approach and this forces the QB to unload the ball quicker than he would like, obvioulsy. Revis gets to cheat a lot at the line and he benefits from the Front 7 just like any CB on their team would.  He gets burned from time to time. He gets thrown on, plenty. He ascended LAST YEAR under this D and now he is using his recognition from his own owner, GM and coach to his advantage to profit. Smart move on his part, but make no mistake, NY is so bent on having attention paid to them as they try to sell PSLs, this whole thing has backfired. He's a great young player, but pretending he is the CB version of Jim Brown is pathetic. I have never seen a player so hyped by himself or a team 3 years into a career. Finally, how stupid are deluded are some Jets fans?  The Revis INT in Week 2 agaisnt Moss, had Rhodes right there over the top to the point Rhodes was almost the one who picked it. Yes, Moss was doubled plenty in that game because Welker was out. Duh. How funny is it you are wrong and pretend to be right?
    Posted by russgriswold
    Can you remeber a CB, who has had a year like Revis, that turns out to be average. Unfortunately this kid is a Player. i just feel like he became a star with Rex Ryans help. i think he has a target on his back and Players like Moss, Marshall, and some others will be lookling to have big games against him this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I give Revis his due, he's an exceptional corner BUT, he's not in camp and Woody Johnson is now on record that Revis' deal will not be done by opening day.  How about week two?  Never mind.

With each passing day, the Revis distraction will grow and JETS fans had better begin to recognize it.  No souper bowl for you said the SOUPer bowl nazi....  This kind of stuff is poison to a franchise like New York where very thing is viewed under a microscope.  Good luck Jesties.....  You are going nowhere...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

He is good, no doubt.  But he sure isn't helping things any.  Woody Johnson didn't sound really happy about the chances of signing the guy after they met for 3 hours.  Its on SI.com, I think.  He said it didn't look good.  But funny that Brady's contract situation gets so much attention, he hasn't said anything, and comes to camp.  I am laughing about the Jets at this point, this has to hurt.  Not that it matters that much, we now have the ability to throw somewhere else.  Which we lacked last year, I think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

But, but, I thought he always had help...Just ask moss.  We still have Rex.  You still have the hooded shweatshirt.  It is a much different defense than the mangini years.  comparing apples to oranges. As for comparing the hooded one to Rex, your coach has won more hardware.  My coach has consistantly had top 5 defenses since he became a DC or HC.  Your coach is a paranoid head case, my coach is a trash talking tough guy.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

LOL!

You refer to "hardware" although it were costume jewelry. May I remind you that possession of the "hardware" is the ultimate goal and purpose of every team in the NFL every year? and that the NY JESTS have not been in possession of said hardware in nearly thirty years?

Your guy has "consistantly (misspelled) had top 5 defenses". Did I miss something? Is there a trophy for that now? And what exactly is a "top 5 defense"?  Top 5 according to who?

You might think ryan is a "trash talking tough guy" but the real world, i.e. outside of NY/NJ, thinks he's a loud-mouth braggart.  Dizzy Dean said "It ain't braggin' if you can do it".

Ryan hasn't done it and likely never will, with his collection of has-beens, head cases, hold-outs and other loud-mouth braggarts. We're all looking forward to watching your jests self-destruct once again in 2011.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Hmmmm, Revis was only good because of the blitzing scheme of Rex Ryan, but Rex Ryan's schemes depend upon the ability of the shutdown corner.  You got to love it! 
    Posted by PhatRex

ALL corners benefit from pressure on the quarterback, and Revis is one of the best at sticking to receivers like glue. I still think he should play out his contract...but I think the same about Mankins, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Darrelle Revis isnt even the best CB in football. That honor goes to Nnamdi Asomugha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Revis : Oh yeah, 50 years without a doubt.  I remember back 1969 everyone else was getting stoned listening to The Beatles Let It Be and Bill at about age 10 held the top ranked offense of the Vikings to 7 points in the superbowl. He is awsome!  I think he actually invented the game of football.
    Posted by PhatRex

Let it be was released in 1970.  You must have been really stoned if you heard it in 69.  -4 sarcasm points for blatant error.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Revis excels at Holding out.  In case anyone doesn't know he did the same thing when he was drafted.  I'm loving it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I honestly think that Jersey/B thinks he is going to get exposed a bit this year.  He just had a ridiculous season last year, and quite a few receivers and teams are studying what he did, and focusing on beating him.  I think the Jets think he will take a step back, -not like be horrible, just come down to slightly below stellar, and they don't want to pay superman cash and only get batman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Revis : Are you thinking that last year teams were just so star struck that they forgot to try to figure him out?  Let me make it easy for them.  He plays man most of the time.  He does this by blanketing the receiver so that they can't catch the ball.
    Posted by PhatRex

You don't see what I am saying at all?  No?  I believe he has certain tendencies, how he breaks down on different routes when he transitions, how he reads receiver cues, that are exploitable.  Not to mention working him over in the chuck zone (he isn't really big) and other exploits.  I will grant you he is fluid and has good speed and instincts, but with study you can negate some of the read and react that all cornerbacks must use.  I will ignore your sarcasm.  It wasn't needed.

Sections
Shortcuts