Revis's assessment of Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Revis's assessment of Moss

He also said T.O. was a slouch.  I consider his remarks somewhat biased though.  Both T.O. and Moss refused to give Revis much credit for limiting their performance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Revis is a great player, but a little flim study and one can see this guy can be beat. The Jokes play great "team D" , have done a great job of getting to the QB in a number of ways. They'll blitz all backers and drop linemen into coverage, they'll send a couple of backers and a S or CB. They really are a very good D. He benifits from that in a huge way and like I said is a great player in his own right. Ive said time and again he can be beat, Ive seen it in person and on film. The first game Moss beat him almost the hole game, Beat him off the line, had steps on him, but 12 was hit all day. In fact they hit him 21 times, just hit, thats not including hurries. If he had time Moss would have had 100 and a TD. Reggie Wayne beat him a couple times, but Manning either overthrew him or was pressured. I predict Wayne will beat him for a TD this weekend and have a good day, maybe 7-80yards and a score. Coles beat him and actually had Revis turned around a couple of times. He really did have his hips going, but CP either missed or for some reason didnt look his way. This guy can be beat, hes a great player, but benifits alot from the attack style and solid team D they play. Again I predict at least 75 and TD from Wayne this weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Who cares what Revis thinks of Moss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

and Chad OchoNoShow still hasn't changed his name like he promised on national TV

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

It's actually kind of funny, because, if either Moss, or T.O. were Revis' age, he would get smoked by either of them. I can remember Moss torching Deion Sanders multiple times. Before Revis opens his mouth, he should chew on that thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

rev-his mouth needs to shut it, he's badmouthin a hof'er

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

It will be interesting to see what Reggie Wayne can accomplish this Sunday.  Both Manning & Wayne are healthy and have homefield advantage.  I wouldn't mind watching Revis get burned a few times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Wayne had some success against Revis but Manning threw a couple of bad balls that were incompletions. 

One would have been a 5 yard TD and the other Wayne got behind Revis but Manning overthrew him.  If Manning is on (and sometimes he is not) they will get Revis.  Revis will have success, but Wayne will too. 

Here is the other thing, Manning will take what the D gives him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't see how Revis' statement is inaccurate?  Don't tell me Randy doesn't dog it out there.

Also, what does Randy "torching Deion Sanders multiple times." have to do with what he does vs. Revis?

I hate the Jet's as much as anyone, but I'll also give credit where due.....Revis could be the best defensive player in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

half the DB's in the leauge have called out Moss. What is it a conspiracy?  Moss is finished. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Revis is a Beavis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Yeah, the thing about Wayne is that he's probably the most 'consistent' of the big game WRs because of many factors including Manning. In that regard, I don't think you'll get anything spectacular, but you probably won't see Wayne 'shut out', either.. In the Colts case, you almost have to put Revis on Wayne because there is no one else that really 'scares' you as a #2 threat who you'd rather him cover.

... but I've always wondered in the Pats case, who cares if Moss gets shut down if you win the game and Welker gets 150 yards or whatever. Brady seems to focus in on Moss to a fault at times, but with the Jets, it is like he just knows aside from a few 'tries' at Moss, go to Welker (e.g., you ride the hot hand.. sooner or later, both Moss and Revis are out of the equation and our 10 versus your 10 are better).  

To me, that suggests this is all BS anyway because a defense should play to help win the game, right?... It is like the Ravens a few years back (I believe against the Steelers) basically allowing passing TD after passing TD because they were so convinced they were not going to allow a rushing TD/100 yard rusher... great, guys... you protect some silly notion (e.g., you shut down Moss), but lose the game.

Point being, if I'm the Jets against the Pats, obviously if Welker is out there (doesn't sound like he'll be ready at the start of next season), you need to stop HIM. I wonder how Revis on Welker (he did it his rookie year I believe) would result now, and just take your chances helping out on Moss with everyone else. Perhaps it is crazy talk, I just think if you are already convinced Moss 'dogs it', and you assume Welker does not, why not work/take out the guy you know can beat you on every play. You might give up a long TD or two, but you probably also get the ball back on O a lot more, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Larry Holmes was one of the most dominant heavyweights in my lifetime, but he never got the respect he deserved because people perceived that he beat up an old and broken down Muhammad Ali and padded his record against a bunch of has-beens and never-weres. If I was Revis, I would not go out of my way to claim that the guys I shut down were "dogs" or "slouches." I would say that Randy and TO are as awesome as they've ever been . . .  unstoppable, really . . .   except when I come around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

mbeaulieu07   What I was saying in regards to Moss torching Sanders, is that when Moss was younger and a healthy player, there wasn't a DB he couldn't toast. Never said that Revis wasn't talented and arguably the best cover corner in the league today. All I was stating was that he is basically calling out older players...Moss and T.O. Dogging it or not, do you think Moss couldn't beat Revis in his younger days, or T.O. for that matter?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I guess that means he's not HOF material.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

he is absolutely right...moss plays hard when we wants to...this isnt a question of whether moss is a hof'er or not...its a question of whether he takes plays off or always gives max effort...and even the most delusional pats fan can clearly see that moss just really doesnt care all that often

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I'll say this about Revis - He doesn't talk trash before the game, but just as many pats, including their coach have been apt to do, he'll tell you how he feels after the game. 

If he's right then he's got every right to say what he wishes without retribution.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

And why is this news??

Both T.O and Moss are slouches that get caught up in their own heads when the ball isn't coming their way.  And how do you accomplish that?  Get into their faces, jam them, and challenge them early.

Lol someone said they remember Moss torching Deion several times.  Sorry, that never happened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Nightrider495,
    I understand that Moss is a future HOF receiver, though it still has no relevancy to his play vs. Revis today.

Personally I have no idea how Moss would fair against Revis if he were younger, that's irrelevant, though his stats show he's still an elite receiver in the NFL so why isn't he beating him now?  What we know by watching the games is that Moss is ineffective vs. Revis.  He's not fighting for the ball, he's not creating seperation, he's not creating big plays, he's not productive and he's not effective....he gives up.

Revis is one of the few guys that can talk smack and back it up......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's simple, whatever Moss does is right.  No player has ever played the position better so complaining about what he does just means you don't know what you're talking about.  It's like saying Ted Williams couldn't swing a bat right, or Jordan didn't have good shooting technique.  The way they did it was the right way to do it, and if anybody or everybody else does it different than they are not doing it right. 

If you want to teach someone how to play receiver, have them follow the greatest receiver of all time.  It seems apparrent that Moss changes speeds throughout the game to keep defenses from knowing what the play is.    How does that technique work- So far he is second all time in TD catches. 

To look at one game and say he wasn't effective is crazy.  No receiver goes for 150 yards and a TD every game, never has.  Defenses adjust to players and offenses look for open players, not double or triple teamed players.  If you think Harrison, Rice, Wayne or Andre Johnson don't have games with low stats you're wrong. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Shennenigan:

You are kidding, right?  "No player has ever played the position better".  Did you ever watch a guy named Jerry Rice?  Aside from the fact that he owns every record imaginable to man, and Moss will not touch a single one of them aside from possibly the receiving TD record (if he stays healthy, by about age 37 he may break it), Moss doesn't have near the competitive will that Rice had.  Of the hands, or the work ethic, or the leadership ability. 

Please: Moss isn't a Jordan either, or a Brady, or (insert the name of any GREAT player).  Those guys all actually ELEVATED their level of play when challenged.  They made great plays at key moments.  Rice has a highlight reel full of amazing plays at key moments in the playoffs and other big games.  Moss has a highlight reel full of getting completely shut down in big games and against big bullies like Revis.

Jordan and Rice never got punked the way Moss does.  Sure, even the best player gets shut down now and again, but they also have a heaping plate of big plays in clutch moments to go along with the downside. Moss has nothing stats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Casportsfan,
    At 32 years old Jerry Rice had 13,275 yards and 131 TD's.
    At 32 years old Randy Moss has 14465 yards and 148 TD's.

As for those records, Rice has the career record for yards in a season, and Moss has the record for TD's in a season, all other season records are held by others.  If you are talking about career records it is worth noting that Moss is not done his career.  But as you can see from above he is on pace to beat Rice out.  I'm sure you know that Rice had HOF Qb's throwing to him virtually his whole career while Moss has played only 2 seasons with a HOFer.  I would suggest you pull up some box scores of 49er games if you don't think Rice ever got beat by a defense, it happenned all the time, it happens to every receiver. 

I have no idea how you are measuring Rice's or Moss' competitive will, hands, work ethic or leadership ability but it looks like you are just making it up since there isn't any stat to back that statement up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Shennenigan:

Yes, I am saying if Moss had Rices' heart, will, and work ethic, he undoubtedly would have been the best ever, without a doubt.  Moss should have been the best ever.  He has the best god given talent of any receiver to ever play.  He ran a 4.2 on a cold morning without stretching his senior year at Marshall.

Then again, having innate, intangibles qualities such as desire and competitive spirit are just as important as having god given talent.  Just look at Walter Payton or Jordan.  There are probably guys sitting under a bridge or even in prison now that "could" have been this or that, but they didn't have it in them.  Maybe those things just can't be taught or learned, and they should be valued equal to or higher than natural ability.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The point of this thread is Revis owns Moss, I don't care what Moss has done in his career and vs. every other corner.  He's been junk vs. Revis.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Until Reavis proves himself year in and year out for the next 3-5 years, he could be another one season wonder!  I think he has let a lot of the media hype about his play this season get to his head and, therefore, feels he is an "expert" on slouching.  Did he ever think that his covering of Moss, plus any other support given him, took him/them out of other coverages and allowed other Pats receivers to have their way?  All he saw was his results in one on one situations and not whether or not is helped his team win at all! 

Sections
Shortcuts