Rex and his words

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Rex and his words

Ok so rex has let everyone know they are going to use Tebow in a wildcat pkg. he says maybe 20 snaps a game and he says the beauty is you won't know if it will be one play on a down or all four times on each down.

Who thinks NE could care less? Rex says he got Tebow to starve off NE so the Jets can beat the Pats.

I think NE can sweep them again this year even with Tebow. I mean look Brady already beat him twice last year. Teams have seen the so called wildkat. Just cause you have tim and sparano doesn't mean you will get by the Pats or other afc east teams.

Your thoughts on rexs words guys.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Re: Rex and his words

Rex talks too much. 20 snaps a game, lol.. He's desperate, the Jets are going to blow this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Biggest problem I see is an implosion in the locker room as Tebow gets used in the red zone and on 3rd downs and the lines form behind sanchez and tebow respectively. This is a match made in Hell... I am beginning to think Rex is a bigger idiot then his dad.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Tebow will wash rexies feet, so that all his superbowl guarantees be washed away, and then put them in his mouth so he can stop talking some more.....garbage!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Let's face it, if the Jets can't shut down your offense, they're cooked. From Day 1 of the Ryan era they were all about smothering the other team's offense and doing "just enough" on offense themselves to win the game.

Bringing in Tebow isn't going to make that big a difference offensively no matter how many snaps he plays per game--it's still going to be all about how well their defense plays, period.

Last year their defense took a step back and, with their current cap situation, it doesn't seem likely that they'll be betting back to their 2010 level of defensive play any time soon.

Barring some serious good fortune in the draft (like finding the next Jon Randle in the undrafted FA waters), their defense likely will be at around the same level as it was in 2011: good, but not quite good enough to carry the offense on its back like it did in 2009/2010.

Also, they've still got a locker room full of overpaid big mouths/trouble makers like Holmes and Cromartie--as we saw last December, those are the kinds of guys who really start to make trouble when the season begins to fall apart in November/December. If the Jets' season falls apart earlier in 2012 (say, October), it could get very, very ugly.

If they slipped to 3rd behind the Pats and an improved Buffalo team, it wouldn't surprise me at all (not sure the Dolphins can improve over those 6 wins they had last year---Matt Moore's shelf-life as a decent NFL starter usually expires after a half-season).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

We already know there are pockets of anti-Sanchez sentiment on the offense and that New Jersey (green) is way up the list of Most Dysfunctional NFL Teams, so Rex -- in his wisdom -- has decided to introduce a healthy smattering of Instant Quarterback Controversy into the mix.

You might think this is further proof that Rex is a doddering fool, but think about this:

Who just won the Lombardi Trophy, and who is getting more attention in the national press?

Ryan isn't interested in winning games; he knows he can't beat New England.

He's just selling a brand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I've been off football for a while but insofar as I can see, the YETS are failing to improve their team overall, once again, so I think it's the usual bluster.  It is meaningless, the PATS don't get riled up over what Ryan says, they know their job is to beat whatever he puts on the field and last year the PATS did.  This year will be no different.

I also think the YETS will have the perfect storm at Q.B. this year and not just because of Tebow.  Sanchez doesn't have the goods and when it is once again obvious that he doesn't the fans will be calling for whomever is sitting on the bench and there are several.  Gonna be fun to watch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the pats had a lot of trouble with the broncos last year...

Well, i mean..

Okay the pats had trouble from 1 of the 8 quarters in which tebow started against them.

I think they will handle tebow okay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I love that Giants owner John Mara sayed something to the extent of "...we will be having press conference to announce the signing of David Carr". 

The Jets are such a joke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

From a talent standpoint, I think the Jets now have two QBs who are overhyped.  Both are good athletes, but both have holes in their game.  Maybe Tebow has more upside, but I doubt it.  The guy has only started for most of 1 year and maybe he'll prove a lot of us wrong.  But why give Sanchez decent starter's money and instantly sandbag him by bringing in a guy who isn't exactly a low profile guy who the fans will want to see play significant snaps?  

I still don't get the trade.  Sparano must have had some input,  but Tebow is either the guy you build your offense around or he's not.      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Rex and his words:
    [QUOTE]From a talent standpoint, I think the Jets now have two QBs who are overhyped.  Both are good athletes, but both have holes in their game.  Maybe Tebow has more upside, but I doubt it.  The guy has only started for most of 1 year and maybe he'll prove a lot of us wrong.  But why give Sanchez decent starter's money and instantly sandbag him by bringing in a guy who isn't exactly a low profile guy who the fans will want to see play significant snaps?   I still don't get the trade.  Sparano must have had some input,  but Tebow is either the guy you build your offense around or he's not.      
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

It's an old story.... when you have 2 QB's, you have 0 Qb's. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There's another thread that says Miami is a mess.  I actually think the Jets are a bigger mess.  The acquisition of Tebow, in the context of the 3 year extension they just gave Sanchez, makes sense how from a football standpoint?

The Jets have problems across the board: salary cap, locker room, holes on both sides of the ball.  I'm not in the habit of making predicitons but it wouldn't surprise me to see them have a losing record this year.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Biggest problem I see is an implosion in the locker room as Tebow gets used in the red zone and on 3rd downs and the lines form behind sanchez and tebow respectively. This is a match made in Hell... I am beginning to think Rex is a bigger idiot then his dad.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

There a times when I actually find myself feeling sorry for Sanchez. He came into the league with the physical skills to play QB but his mental and emotional maturity was questionable. Under Rex and the meatheads in the Jets front office he's regressed. By the time they are done with him he'll need years of therapy just to get to normal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex and his words :  I am beginning to think Rex is a bigger idiot then his dad .   now that's saying something! is that even possible?                 
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Possibly with a lobotomy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloedancer65. Show Chloedancer65's posts

God to I hate Rex. He is soooooooo obsessed with BB and he has a serious man crush on Brady. LOSER!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

20 snaps equals the wildcat.
    How many teams actually used the wildcat last year and how many had success? Answer few and fewer. I don't see it as the wildcat for the Jets.
    BTW....
    The wildcat was big when no one knew it and had no D to combat it. That is not the case last year and in any future year.

I see it as one stated a Red Zone employment of Tebow. But again once you have seen it once the D can handle it on most occasions. Look Vick no longer runs like he did he has become a well rounded QB who runs only when neccessary.
    Tebow MUST become a better pocket passer to make his running more valuable jus like Vick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

The Fat Man is a fool...can't wait to watch the Jets explode again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

i don't think rex or tannanbaum had much to do with this, they are smarter than that...this was a Woody move, for PR splash and to sell those over-priced, undersold PSL's, especially after the SB..just like he forced Brett Favre on Mangini who really didn't want him but had no choice

Not so sure about Farve being forced on Mangini. He named his kid Brett after all.

22. This post has been removed.