Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.

In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : Or the part about a certain team that hasn't won anything significant in 42 years . . .  if that's the game we're playing. Change the parameters however you like, Jimmy . . .   you've simply got nowhere to stand.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

They have won something significant PMike. I think it was WeDerr that said a while ago that he was ok with the loss to Pittsburgh because they beat New England in the divisional round. Poor Jets fans...even Cincinnati has made a couple Super Bowls since the Jets last did

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.

In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : That is always a cute little comeback, generally brought up by fans of teams that currently can't win a playoff game.  I recall how upset Red Sox fans would get when faced with the 86 year comments.  This is just about as relevant.   It was dumb then and it is dumb now.  Only a very simple person would consider that a team from 10, 20 30 or 40 years ago with no management, players, coaches, systems, owners in common with the present team has any bearing on the present.  The fact that someone would not only think that, but post it is proof of utter stupidity. Furthermore, the idea that 5 years of success, 6 years ago, somehow makes up for thirty years of franchise ineptitude is equally as moronic.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

How does the fact that the Patriots haven't won a playoff game since 07 have any bearing on this year then? You make that comment in every post. If you do that, we bring up 42 years. Get it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

At what point do you think Rex is actually going to grow a foot out of his mouth.

At what point is a member of the media going to stop during the course of an interview and hand Rex a foot and say, "can you just stick this in your mouth while carry on with the interview".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Well hey the Bills made the SB 4 straight times and they never won so I don't think the fact that the Jets have 2 straight AFC runners up 'trophies' and the Pats went one and done twice (TWICE! you make it seem like they've lost 10 straight playoff games) puts them in any better position than the Patriots. Your argument is just weak. 42 years and counting bud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

The Jets do have a good defense. I don't know if it is the best defense in the league, as only playing out the season will show. RR is a talented defensive coach.
    The Pats may have improved significantly on defense and their offense appears to be nearly the same as last year. Again, only playing the games will show.

As to who has the edge at this point...I think it is the Patriots. They are favored in Las Vegas booking odds, which is about as meaningful as this discussion.

BTW, I think McCheaters has a psychological dependence with anything Boston. There is no other reason for his posting so often in the Boston Globe. Perhaps, contrary to what most believe, he really is a Pats fan. Why else would he be on here so frequently.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]Ok but the Pats were in the top five defenses as far as points allowed so then using your logic we had one of the top defenses in the league? And add to that we had the number 1 ranked D in turnovers. And we were #13 in run defense.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

....let the tap dancing begin....looking forward to this response. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

One also needs an offense to win anything, so as far as the YETS are concerned they will probably not win the division. 

Do they have a defense?  They do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : Really?  You don't get it?  This board is filled with comments about meaningless plays, how other teams are lucky, how all he calls go against NE, how something should have happened, even though it didn't.  People here seem to confuse what is true and what they wish was true.

Feel comfortable with Sanchez?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : Obviously, you can rank offenses and defenses in a number of ways.  I prefer points.  It is the most relevant.  NE was by far the highest scoring offense.  And SanDiego's top in fewest yards allowed translated to number ten in points allowed.

Yet you constantly bring up New England's 30th ranked passing defense. Hmmmmm interesting. The only number that mattered is bolded and you even just admitted it.

6NY Jets4664291.53210200.6145490.930419.0
    7New Orleans4900306.33103193.91797112.330719.2
    8New England5864366.54136258.51728108.031319.6

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : Sure one does, how about the 13th ranked offense? 

At this point in time, there are no ranked defenses.  I assume that you are using last years rankings?  They have no current meaning.  I've watched the YETS in preseason and you have a defense.  Your offense has some issues and its biggest question mark is named Mark and he is in his third year.  They are still keeping it simple for him, which is hardly an expression of confidence.  I note that on YETS boards they are already calling for Kerely to take the reins.  How YETS that is.  You know about these issues but based on what you post here I do not expect anything from you but fan stuff.  The PATS have issues too, like the Oline but I am not going into that with you because it won't be productive. It would only be a conversation dedicated on your part to telling me how good your team is and how lousy mine is.. Both teams are good now. The only question is which one is better? That can only be answered on the field, this year, not last.  Back to ignore for you for now.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Well, I will say this as a fact, and you can interpret it or spin it however you want.

We are returning 10 of 11 starters on defense from last year. 

Now for my opinion:

Last year we had an elite defense so I dont see it getting any worse.  Am I calling it the 85 bears, no, but it should be better than last year even since we have that continuity in the backfield and among the players.  Our defense is a "thinking mans" defense and there are a ton of audibles and checks once the offense lines up. It is very important to be comfortable in this defense and especially with Leonard back at safety, I say we will be better so...

As far as some of you dipsh!ts saying that they jets are failures, well, I will take our results for the first 2 years of the Rex Ryan era as HC of the NYJ and I dont know many fans that wouldnt in a coachs first 2 years as your HC.  Mr Mumbles sure didnt have anything close to that success.

Joe Namath aint suiting up for us and  neither is teddy bruschi.  So I would wish you good luck but we both know I wouldnt mean it.  So I will wish you good health : )

Troll out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Check a couple posts back Killa, I posted the stats. Jets were 6 in points allowed, Patriots were 8. Close enough.

WeDerr: I'm not sure anyone is contesting that the Jets are going to have a good defense. They will, will it be enough to get them to the Super Bowl? Time will tell. By the way, the only reason a lot of us talk so much sh1t is just throwing it back in your face. You come here and talk sh1t, what do you expect us to do, sit back and watch without saying anything?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

kk

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : Sure do, imagine a guy taking a few games off just to cover up a fake injury.  Didn't the Patritos lose that game?  Think Moss'll do that again this year? Do you think Manos de Piedra will ever have a catch against Revis?

Not a fair comparison by any stretch. I would take Moss in his prime against Revis in his prime any day. Moss is a 1st ballot HOF, lets see what Revis turns in to. Nothing is decided on him. Shutdown corners are hot and cold, lets see if he has a decade of shutdown in him.
    It's funny you call Moss Manos de Piedra. His is known for having hands that can catch anything, which he has proven over his career. In fact, he probably has one of the best set of hands ever to play the game. You can refer to him now as "Manos de Oro". What you saw was a guy who's legs don't match his hands anymore, or at least not consistently due to age.

Give me a honest answer for a minute McCheaters...you would take your boy Revis over Moss in a 1 on 1 battle with both in their primes?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]kk
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Did your 10 year old daughter take over the computer?? Who the ___ says kk!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I will say this as a fact, and you can interpret it or spin it however you want. We are returning 10 of 11 starters on defense from last year.  Now for my opinion: Last year we had an elite defense so I dont see it getting any worse.  Am I calling it the 85 bears, no, but it should be better than last year even since we have that continuity in the backfield and among the players.  Our defense is a "thinking mans" defense and there are a ton of audibles and checks once the offense lines up. It is very important to be comfortable in this defense and especially with Leonard back at safety, I say we will be better so... As far as some of you dipsh!ts saying that they jets are failures, well, I will take our results for the first 2 years of the Rex Ryan era as HC of the NYJ and I dont know many fans that wouldnt in a coachs first 2 years as your HC.  Mr Mumbles sure didnt have anything close to that success. Joe Namath aint suiting up for us and  neither is teddy bruschi.  So I would wish you good luck but we both know I wouldnt mean it.  So I will wish you good health : ) Troll out
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you on the Jets D being elite. It is, and no way to argue that. Should be a top 5 defense. No questions or arguments in my opinion.

However, if you want to count the AFCCG as your superbowl, then yes, Dr. Scholls is the man and the best coach of all time. However, Mr. Mumbles as you call him did have a SB win in year 2, so I'll take that over an appearance in 2 AFCCG's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Rex is exactly correct. The Jets are way, way better than the patriots. They humiliated us in the playoffs and no reason to think this Patriots team can beat them. Since the SB against the Giants, they have not been able to stop a good pass rush or even a mediocre one....8-8 is but a dream. Can we ask the "great" Belicheck why no answer to the other team's pass rush in 4 years?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : Did your 10 year old daughter take over the computer?? Who the ___ says kk!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : It's a very silly question to choose a CB or WR.  I don't discount for one second that Moss is an alltime great WR, even while quitting on EVERY team he's played for.   It's just a  dumb question.. who do you take, Curtis Martin or Vince Wilfork?  Who cares.  Although Moss had a season (2009 I think) where he had a whole lot of dropped passes, I was not referring to him with Manos de Piedra - think Spanish nicknames.

Not a dumb question at all. I'm not talking about 2 different players. I'm talking about both Moss/Revis in their primes, Revis COVERING Moss in 1 game, who would you take? you like to point out how Revis owned Moss or shut him down, and you may be right in some cases, but you and everyone else in the league has already stuck Revis in the HOF. Both players in their prime, I take Moss everyday. No way Revis could cover him. that is what i was talking about. But it's all hypothetical, so who cares..right? just like how great the Jets D is... .6 points allowed margin on the Pats, and still get listed as a top 5 D...interesting.

Sections
Shortcuts