Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.

I find this funny, Rex's number 1 D got ripped a new one by Manning in 2009 and then Mendenhall ran right over the Yets in 2010.

Amazing D that doesn't show up in the biggest games, causing DaFEET.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.

In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.:
    In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year. : It's a very silly question to choose a CB or WR.  I don't discount for one second that Moss is an alltime great WR, even while quitting on EVERY team he's played for.   It's just a  dumb question.. who do you take, Curtis Martin or Vince Wilfork?  Who cares.  Although Moss had a season (2009 I think) where he had a whole lot of dropped passes, I was not referring to him with Manos de Piedra - think Spanish nicknames.
    Posted by McCheaters

Alright..I get it Mccheaters...You mentioned Moss and Manos de Piedra in the same sentence, so thought you were referring to Moss..

We'll see if Manos de TBD will make a catch against Revis. Manos is 1 guy, as is Revis. I don't doubt Revis superriority on Manos as anyone can refer to past games and his success. What I am saying is Mano is not our "primary" weapon. Stick Revis on Manos, what about everyone else?...Cro on Branch?...Wilson on Welker?...Who on Price?...Gronk, Hernandez, etc....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

For a true comparison one must look at common opponents. The Jets and Pats played 14 games against common opponents last year, including games against each other. The Pats went 12-2, scored 464 points and yielded 265 points for a positive point spread of 199 . The Jets went 9-5, scored 313 points and yielded 257 points for a positive point spread of 56 points. The average points scored for the Patriots was 33.1 points per game while the average points scored for the Jets was  22.4 points per game. The Pats yielded an average of 18.9 points per game while the Jets yielded an average of 18.4 points per game. The difference between offensive production is quite obvious - Pats are better offensive team than the Jets. The difference between defensive production is not so obvious - the difference isn't even an extra-point variance per game. The Jets had a slight advantage on defense over the Patriots but the difference is insignificant. Thus, judging by points alone the Patriots are clearly the better team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

First time I've ever seen a post take up a full web page. Jeeeezzzz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Rex issues another challenge. Says his defense is elite and they will win the division this year.:
    You mean like when they won 14 games??? They stopped Peyton Manning and the Colts when they needed a stop in the 4th Q. They made stops all last year so what are you talking about? You said the ONLY stat that matters is points and so I use that logic to say that the Pats D is better then you give them credit for since they were right behind you in the points allowed category and then you turn around and drop the passing defense stat on me, if the only stat that matters is points then why are you going to the passing yards allowed stat? I mean are points the only stat that matters or is that just when its convenient for you?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Bingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Once again Rexx The Hutt is making a mortgage his team cannot repay. Waiting for a JESTS! player to tell him to shut his pie hole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

For a true comparison one must look at common opponents. The Jets and Pats played 14 games against common opponents last year, including games against each other. The Pats went 12-2, scored 464 points and yielded 265 points for a positive point spread of 199 . The Jets went 9-5, scored 313 points and yielded 257 points for a positive point spread of 56 points. The average points scored for the Patriots was 33.1 points per game while the average points scored for the Jets was  22.4 points per game. The Pats yielded an average of 18.9 points per game while the Jets yielded an average of 18.4 points per game. The difference between offensive production is quite obvious - Pats are better offensive team than the Jets. The difference between defensive production is not so obvious - the difference isn't even an extra-point variance per game. The Jets had a slight advantage on defense over the Patriots but the difference is insignificant. Thus, judging by points alone the Patriots are clearly the better team.
    Posted by OlderbutWiser

HUge Pats fan, but please explain the post seaso "successes" the Pats have enjoyed sine,a nd including, the SB loss to teh Giants.

PLEASE!!!!

Stats mean absolutely nothing when it comes to teh post season. OK, ignore the Pats. Go ask any Philthydelphia or Seashawk fan about stats and determined outcomes. TAHT would be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Their defense IS elite and I don't think anybody doubted this

I think it might take a SLIGHT step back if DeVito and Wilkerson continue to be space-fillers, unlike Ellis who was a stalwart and a playmaker, but Pool is a slight/moderate upgrade at safety, so... we'll see

It's SANCHEZ who will determine how far they go.  He wasn't accurate enough or consistent enough to helm a Super Bowl winning team yet.  We'll see if his captainship is wishful thinking or hard-earned status.  I still see him pout and look confused this preseason, as recently as the offensive clinic against the Giants.

Sections
Shortcuts