Rex Ryan And The Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Rex Ryan And The Jets

No!  He did it to compete.  To win the game!  Didn't you hear his post game speech?  Apparently winning a preseason game at all cost is important!!  They have a victory parade planned for today now too!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

His post game meltdown was of epic proportions.  Denny Green and Jim Mora would be proud.  Rex won't last the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

His post game meltdown was of epic proportions.  Denny Green and Jim Mora would be proud.  Rex won't last the season.

The NY media is going to rip J- Z's boy. He's a cry baby when things go bad. It's going to get ugly in NY this year with all the NY teams. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I don't think Ryan cares at this point. He knows his team stinks and he's not coming back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

I appreciate that HC gigs are hard to come by and the competitive nature of these guys goes against quitting.

But in the current context of Rex likely being lame duck anyway and the obvious pressure he's under I wonder if anyone would blame him for walking away.

If he held a follow up presser where he just stated the obvious that he's starting to make bad decisions because of pressure from above and not being allowed to make football decisions like who his QB will be, maybe he actually helps himself, both mental health wise and future job prospects wise.

If he quit tomorrow, rather than waiting to be fired, he'd likely land as a DC somewhere fairly soon, which is what he should be anyway or maybe a commentating job for this season.

It just looks like things could get worse for him before the end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Not to take away from Pro's thread, but since Bungalow Bill/Bustchise is unglued and NAS is so clueless, I had to start a fresh thread on their circus to explain something:

Does everyone realize WHY he put Sanchez back in?  He did that to show that Sanchez would look good vs the Giants 3rd stringers, so it would appear the clear choice would be Sanchez.

Sanchez is so bad, that apparently Smith has managed to look somewhat decent throwing slants and running bootblegs in camp. bawahah

Anyway, this is very clearly to me, Rex Ryan thumbing his nose at Idzik. Could not be any clearer, IMO.

What is the over/under on when Rex is fired for effect? At the Bye week when they are 1-8?

Where is RKrap this morning? Where are all of our fans here who were praising the Jets and Rex Ryan back in 2010 and 2011?  

Why on earth would anyone not see this coming?  Why do people defend the moronic behavior of the Jets?

Where am I? I am sitting here laughing my *ss off at you. The Jets are your team. You post about the Jets non stop. I on the other hand said in 2010/11 I did not want the Pats to face them in the playoffs. I also said Sanchez would put up 300 yards on the Pats DB's, so I wanted no part of that 2010/11 team. Well, Sanchez did put up 300, and the Jets went to the AFCCCG so I guess I was correct, right?

I never said I admired the Jets, never said the Jets way was better, never said Ryan or Sanchez were a good coach/QB. 

So here I am laughing at you...the Jets fan who non stop trolls Brady 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Rex has been scraping for something for a few years.  Lets all just enjoy the show.  They deserve it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Not to take away from Pro's thread, but since Bungalow Bill/Bustchise is unglued and NAS is so clueless, I had to start a fresh thread on their circus to explain something:

Does everyone realize WHY he put Sanchez back in?  He did that to show that Sanchez would look good vs the Giants 3rd stringers, so it would appear the clear choice would be Sanchez.

Sanchez is so bad, that apparently Smith has managed to look somewhat decent throwing slants and running bootblegs in camp. bawahah

Anyway, this is very clearly to me, Rex Ryan thumbing his nose at Idzik. Could not be any clearer, IMO.

What is the over/under on when Rex is fired for effect? At the Bye week when they are 1-8?

Where is RKrap this morning? Where are all of our fans here who were praising the Jets and Rex Ryan back in 2010 and 2011?  

Why on earth would anyone not see this coming?  Why do people defend the moronic behavior of the Jets?

Let me understand what you're saying here, Queenie.  You've claimed that the Jets are void of talent, haven't hit on a draft pick in a decade or so, will likley be a 2-4 win team, but will fire Rex for that?  So, it would stand to reason, with all that being said, if the Jets have 8 wins, it must be becasue of an incredible coaching job by Rex?  It's important to pin you down on things, becasue you'll deny ever saying them, then you'll say that you said something different, then admit to saying it, but that it's not what you meant.

8 wins would be an incredible coaching job. Same goes for coughlin. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Lplacer ex will never be a DC either. His big mouth has poisoned his well, I am surprised hos bro got another job , only BB could handle him but But he has too big a mouth and he couldn't take BB over his shoulder. anfd then he could count BBs rings lol

think they ought to start Simms,he is the only Qb that doesn't turn tha ball over

Sancez was not warmed up. Like Simms was and should not have goninput and the median is ripping Rex for sending him in with the scrubs, But Sancez fumbled which caused his hit. Poor guy 

and if they get the no 1 pick next yr, do they take a Qb? Lol

what a mess,  Thank God for rk,bb,TB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Check out this article in the NY Daily News...which states that Rex Ryan's boneheaded decision to play QB Mark Sanchez in the dying minutes of a meaningless game could end up costing him his job:

Rex Ryan's decision to play Mark Sanchez in the fourth could cost him job. Ryan, apparently consumed with winning a trophy of a Peanuts' character , vaulted into the annals of dumb moves by putting Mark Sanchez into the fourth quarter of the Jets' meaningless preseason 24-21 overtime win over the Giants at MetLife Stadium. Sanchez promptly suffered a shoulder injury that clouds the Jets' quarterback situation.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Sunday, August 25, 2013, 1:47 AM

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpi Rex Ryan's decision to play Mark Sanchez in the fourth quarter could ultimately cost him his job come January.         Rex Ryan took ineptitude and incompetence to new heights with a boneheaded decision Saturday night that ultimately could seal his fate as the head coach of the Jets.

Ryan, apparently consumed with winning a trophy of a Peanuts character, vaulted into the annals of dumb moves by putting Mark Sanchez into the fourth quarter of the Jets’ meaningless preseason 24-21 overtime win over the Giants at MetLife Stadium. Sanchez promptly suffered a shoulder injury that clouds the Jets’ quarterback situation.

Ryan, whose transparent attempts to placate new general manager John Idzik for the past eight months have turned him into a sad shell of his former iconoclastic self, turned testy in his postgame press conference. When his predictable talking points were challenged, Ryan grew agitated.

He knows that he screwed up.

Ryan’s mismanagement may wind up being a fireable offense in January if Sanchez is out for an extended period of time. Sanchez underwent X-rays on Saturday night. He is scheduled for an MRI on Sunday.

“All week you’re talking about winning the game and competing,” Ryan said as if he were prepping for the Super Bowl. “It was my decision all the way.”

Earth to Rex: Winning the Snoopy Trophy is worthless.

Ryan’s decision was reckless, irresponsible and the latest example of a head coach who has made his fair share of botched in-game moves during his five-year tenure. Just ask Tim Tebow.

This one, however, put all the previous brutal calls to shame.

Mark Sanchez walks off the field with his shoulder wrapped up.

Mark Sanchez walks off the field with his shoulder wrapped up. 

There was no logical reason to put Sanchez in the game.

It was even more maddening since Sanchez had essentially wrapped up the quarterback competition after Geno Smith’s three-interception implosion in the first half against the Giants.

It was apparent to everyone in North America that Smith simply isn’t ready to be the Week 1 starter. Sanchez was in line to start against the Buccaneers on Sept. 8.

Sanchez even appeared surprised when he was called into the game with 11 minutes left in the fourth quarter. He scrambled to find his helmet and went in. Rather than put in Matt Simms, Ryan turned to his presumptive Week 1 starter. Make sense? Of course not.

“Why compete? Period,” Ryan said. “We’re there to win.”

So, why wasn’t the first-team offensive line out there with Sanchez? Why was he asked to play behind the backup line made up of rookies and guys who may not make the roster?

What was there to gain?

Ryan, not surprisingly, had no concrete answer.

“Injuries are part of the game,” Ryan said. “You can get hurt in practice. Obviously it never worked out the way we wanted it to.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-reckless-rex-mark-play-sanchez-fourth-article-1.1436396#ixzz2d1XHdo2a

LOL!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Why is it that so many people here (not fans, people) put non football related motives behind so many things both in NE and elsewhere?

It seems to me that Ryan wanted Sanchez in there both to compete for a starting spot and perhaps just as importantly to get more time in a NEW offensive system. I do not think you need to dram up all kinds of alternative universes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Why is it that so many people here (not fans, people) put non football related motives behind so many things both in NE and elsewhere?

It seems to me that Ryan wanted Sanchez in there both to compete for a starting spot and perhaps just as importantly to get more time in a NEW offensive system. I do not think you need to dram up all kinds of alternative universes.

The metaphysics of the NY Jets is...

THEY SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Imagine what he'll be like after the first half of the season?!!! He's gone before Xmas!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think Sancheeze had it in the bag.  The comments about how bad smith was last week, they knew what they had in Sancheeze and wanted to see what smith would do in a real game.  He isn't read yet.  Rex threw Sancheeze out there with the 2's and 3's to prove that he could move the ball and look good, kind of fool everyone.  But then he forgot his 2's and 3's were also out there and they got Sancheeze darn near killed... twice!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts