Rex Ryan = Defense Defense Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

last year's version of the Jets had a set playbook for every game...score a ton of points with Favre at the helm, hope we can stop the run, and that we scored more points than the other team did carving our secondary apart.

this year I think it's going to be...stop the run, stop the pass, destroy the QB, and hope we score some points somehow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rex Ryan could be the second coming of Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells, Jimmie Johnson and In Bill We Trust. But it doesn't change the fact that the Jets have next to no talent on either side of the ball and it takes at least one or two drafts to rebuild and change the losing culture of a team.

Unfortunately for the Jests, the PAT's are the league's flagship franchise, the Dolphins are headed by the Tuna and the Bills, who are consistantly good just acquired TO.

This Leon guy should go hide in a hole somewhere for a year or so, instead of following the upcoming season rooting for whomever the PAT'S play against next week only to be disappointed again and again all the way to the Super Bowl.

I pity him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Leon did you really just agree to quit being such a d*ck? I dont think I personally act like we just won teh super bowl i can sit heer and say that we ahvent won sh*t in 4 years. I want it and i still think the Pats are ONE of the best teams if not teh best team in football but we are not the champs.

I dont want to get too far off topic, this thread is for people who want to talk football not talk trash or at least thats what i was going for. I personally think Rex Ryan can turn that franchise around by hanging his hat on that D and at some point the offense will catch up with the D the same way they did it in Baltimore. I know most of us are quick to insult the man because he is with the Jets but just because he is with teh Jets doesnt mean he cant couch. I think if he cant turn that D into a top 10 D he will kepp his job long enough to get that offense on the same page. The Jets already have a good but overpaid Oline but they are good and they have two good running backs. Letting Coles go was a mistake i mean he was your best WR and if you have a young QB or a bad QB having a good or great WR can make him look better or make it easier for the team to get by and Ryan just let Coles walk so I thought that was a bad move. But I still think if he gets that D going he can hang tough until he finds himself a starting QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Jets have NO talent on either side of the ball? Are you kidding? they went 9-7 last season, yea thats not a great record but its not 0-16. Hell teh Lions went 0-16 last year and i still would say they have NO talent on either side of the ball. the Jets have

Nick mangold at Center
    D Brick at LT (Might be a bust but sure yet)
    Alan Fanaca at LG who is one of teh best LGs in all of football
    Damian Woody at RT did a pretty good job last year for his first time at tackle

Thats four talented guys (even if you dont like them you cant deny they have talent) on teh Oline alone.

At RB they have Thomas Jones who has shown that he can be a great NFL RB and they have Leon Washington who is one of teh better all around RBs talnet wise as he can return kicks and punts and he can bring the ball to teh house anytime he gets his hands on it much like a darron Sproles and you give him a sh*t load of credit.

On the Dline they have Kris Jenkins who for teh first half of last season was being called tbest NT in the game but teh second half of the season he didnt show up but the guy DEFFENTLY HAS TALENT.

I cant name their defensive ends so i have no idea if they are good or not.

At LB they have Bart Scott who whether you like him or not has a boat load of talent. Maybe he is a bust and doesnt get it done for teh Jets but he has talent.

Vernon Gholston is a bust from where I sit but he reminds me of Terrel Suggs and who knows maybe Ryan can coach him up.

Calvin Pace had a alright first year with his new team and could get better this year with a new LB friendly scheme. He deffently has talent.

At CB they have Darrel Reevis who is a great young CB with a boat load of talent.

They just brought in Lito Sheppard who even on his last legs still has talent and if they bring in Samari Rolle who was just cut by teh Ravens then he would have a alot of talent for a 3rd CB as well.

Bill Belichick has openly said he think Kerry Rhodes is one of the best SS's in all of football and guess what he is a Jet so I would say he has TALENT as well.

I obviusly dont like the Jets either but here I am being able to recognize that the do have some talent even if they only won 5 games this year they would still have talent. Its how they use that talent that makes them suck not the lack of talent.

To say the Jets have no talent on either side of teh ball is just stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

The jest havent done *hit in 40 years and he thinks the jest are going to beat the pats 2 times next year........wait for it........
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is he still complaining about someone threatening him...what a puzzy....

He is a little cry baby....

Wait, he played football....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Got to agree with the killa here.

Green New Jersey is not devoid of talented players. That guy Leon Washington gives me a pain in my *ss, which is as close to a compliment as and Jests player will ever get from me. The reason the Jests blow donut holes is not because they have no players; it's because they lack quality leadership (an NFL-calibre starting quarterback would help there) and they have not had good coaching in some good long time.

-- Aside to Jet fan, if he is out there: Could someone please explain to me how a coach who appears marginally retarded could be lured away by another team (the mighty Chefs) after leading Green New Jersey to an impressive 3-13 record? Is that patented Jests stupidity contagious? All this time (and another firing) later, I still have trouble sleeping at night wondering what the attraction of Hermm was --

I would say the Jury is out on Ryan. He could very well be the second coming of Bill parcells. Or, as is more likely, he could be the spitting image of his father -- who rode the magical convergence of Richard Dent and Mike Singletary and Dan Hampton and Steve McMichael and Fridge and the professor and Mary Ann to a reputation as a defensive genius.

It will be a couple years before we can accurately assess whether Ryan - The Sequel is an actual walking-around good coach or the beneficiary of a couple guys named Lewis and Reed. But as a Pats fan, I'm not terribly inclined to be giving him the benefit of the doubt anytime soon.

Or ever.

Green New Jersey blows and Ryan is an ineffectual blowhard.

Go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree with you the jury is deffently still out, I just think that at the very least his defense is going to be solid but you need to score points to win games. But as I have said before I really dont think its fair to hang his fathers lack of head coaching skill on him. Its a new game and a whole new generation of players and its just not cool to say he will most likely be like his dad its just not cool. His dad was his dad and he is who he is they are not teh same person or the same coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think the comparisons are notably apt.

Ryan Sr. had outstanding, verstatile defenders that allowed him to develop his vaunted 46 scheme.

You're a coach, killa -- think about it.

The scheme is still out there, but nobody has been able to run it the way the '85 Bears could.

Why?

Personnel.

The Ravens had consistent success with Mike Nolan's defense, that Ryan took over.

Why?

Personnel.

I'm more than willing to give the guy a chance to fail on his own (and he will), but ignoring the parallels is more than a little short-sighted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Of course the Jets have some very talented players but they are lacking in a certain key area, defensive line where after Kris Jenkins they have nobody that resembles a tackle or 3/4 end; they are highly susceptible to the run.

In a loaded division like the AFC East I have to think they are the odd men out, but then again Buffalo may be worse with a few injuries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yes but Wozzy you did say they had no talent on either side of teh ball and thats why i posted all that crap about the talent they do have. I agree that other then Jenkins their D line is suspect but i did give you a list of other talented players from all over teh team but you are correct tehir d line needs some work.

PMike thats a good point you made about the Ryans family history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the jets get another CB in strickland.they dont have to worry about there secondary.add bart scott,and calvin pace.they are set at defense,but i cant see there offense being that good.clemons makeing his debut.there running game will take a drop in a older thomas.and they have one good receiver.