Rex Ryan is an idiot

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Rex Ryan is an idiot

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

I usually stay away from these kinds of threads, but watching Sanchez get hurt in garbage time (after a dreadful performance by Smith) just makes me wonder how Ryan is still employed.  Maybe the real title of this thread should be: "Jets management are idiots"

just out of curiosity, if Brady had blown out his left knee during the Detroits pre-season game, would BB considered an idiot?

The difference is Belichick would never have put Brady in the game late in the fourth quarter behind a makeshift line of scrubs and exposed him to fourth string DLs desperate to get noticed and make the squad.  

I still can't believe that moron posed the question.

I usually agree that coaches should play guys and not run scared from injury, but what made Rex's decision so bad was:

(1) that part of the fourth quarter is pure chaos because the last stringers are all in and trying desperately to get noticed--play is completely disorganized and undisciplined--it's an easy time to get hurt

(2) Sanchez wasn't ready to go in, I don't think; I think he thought he had the night off and sending a guy cold into that craziness is asking for trouble

It just seemed completely foolhardy to me, especially after Smith stunk it up and it had become obvious Sanchez was the only guy capable of starting in the regular season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

I'm almost starting to like Rex. That press conference was awesome. He may have started a trend with the sideways bit.

Aside from the whole issue of exposing any presumed starting QB to injury unnecessarily the weird part is Rex seemed to sabotage his own plans.

From the outside it appears Rex wants Sanchez as his current starter, which seems the right approach even before Geno's performance last night. Easier to start the vet and switch to the rookie, in that situation where neither had won the competition. 

Geno playing poorly is a gift for Rex, especially if Idzik is pressuring him to go with Geno. Now he has a legit football reason to start Sanchez, Geno's not ready, yet even in that context he chooses to put Sanchez in. 

Anyway I'm starting to like him...he's a funny guy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

People have been pounding Sanchez for not being an NFL quality quarterback but now that he got hurt in pre-season, the coach is dumb. 

He isn't, but Smith is even worse.  For better or worse (worse mostly) Sanchez is the best the Jets have.

You just knew NAS would come in and align with the Jets troll.

He doesn't get that Sanchez is Rex Ryan's lifeline to his job.  Rex Ryan is the guy behind that draft choice/bust.

He's also the guy who told the country Sanchez had a "94 QB Rating" in the Buttfumble game on Thanksgiving, when I easily blasted RKrap on our bet. The best was Sanchez getting 301 yards passing, with 75 of those yards in garbage time, where I rejected RKrap's bet parameter of 300+ yards from Sanchez. LMAO

Did we talk about about how a Ds passing yards allowed is the least meaningful way to analyze the quality of a D yet today?

lol

Queenie, you have this weird obsession with Tgiving day games.  It was just yesterday that you claimed that the patsies lost to Detroit in the pre-season and then cam back and beat them on Thanksgiving.  That was awesome, even it was just another Queenie lie.

I'm just glad the Jets D didn't give up 40 points. Oh wait, points don't matter anymore, right?

I love playing on Thanksgiving!  We always win!  And, when we lose in Detroit in preseason, we go no worse than 13-3!

Funny huh?

Say, hey!  Do you think 1st rd pick, Dee Milliner will be ready for Week 1 or do you think 1st rd bust CB, Kylie Wilson, will start?

Do you think Kylie Wilson, 1st rd bust, can cover, NE's UDFA WR Kenbrell Thompkins?  bawahaa

Do you think the more commas you use the smarter it makes you? You're such a dumb azz.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

People have been pounding Sanchez for not being an NFL quality quarterback but now that he got hurt in pre-season, the coach is dumb. 

He isn't, but Smith is even worse.  For better or worse (worse mostly) Sanchez is the best the Jets have.

He doesn't get that Sanchez is Rex Ryan's lifeline to his job.  Rex Ryan is the guy behind that draft choice/bust.

He's also the guy who told the country Sanchez had a "94 QB Rating" in the Buttfumble game on Thanksgiving, when I easily blasted RKrap on our bet. The best was Sanchez getting 301 yards passing, with 75 of those yards in garbage time, where I rejected RKrap's bet parameter of 300+ yards from Sanchez. LMAO

Did we talk about about how a Ds passing yards allowed is the least meaningful way to analyze the quality of a D yet today?

lol

Queenie, you have this weird obsession with Tgiving day games.  It was just yesterday that you claimed that the patsies lost to Detroit in the pre-season and then cam back and beat them on Thanksgiving.  That was awesome, even it was just another Queenie lie.

I'm just glad the Jets D didn't give up 40 points. Oh wait, points don't matter anymore, right?

I love playing on Thanksgiving!  We always win!  And, when we lose in Detroit in preseason, we go no worse than 13-3!

Funny huh?

Say, hey!  Do you think 1st rd pick, Dee Milliner will be ready for Week 1 or do you think 1st rd bust CB, Kylie Wilson, will start?

Do you think Kylie Wilson, 1st rd bust, can cover, NE's UDFA WR Kenbrell Thompkins?  bawahaa

Do you think the more commas you use the smarter it makes you? You're such a dumb azz.

Wait, did you just feverishly sign in and out again as Bustchise and Bungalow Bill, yet again, to pretend that people here think those are two different people?

LOL!

Hey, Dahmer Jr, tell us again just who the cuckoo bird is?

What a glorious Sunday morning!  

Ya, great Sunday morning. The pathetic thing is you'll still be here doing the same thing for most of the day. Have fun with that loser.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

lol

Funny huh?

Wait, did you just feverishly sign in and out again as Bustchise and Bungalow Bill, yet again, to pretend that people here think those are two different people?

LOL!

Hey, Dahmer Jr, tell us again just who the cuckoo bird is?

What a glorious Sunday morning!  

Ya, great Sunday morning. The pathetic thing is you'll still be here doing the same thing for most of the day. Have fun with that loser.

Actually, I won't. GORGEOUS day down here. 80, sunny, no humidty. That means a pool day.

Anyway, I started a fresh thread for your, Fat Virgin.

Tell us again why you sign in and out with two different board names in the same thread? Is that what Daddy Dahmer told you to do?

Did ya go out last night or did you sit in that basement watching the Jets win that thriller in OT?

bawhahaha

Say, hey!  Do ya think big mouth Cromartie's hip injury is serious? Those can be tricky!

Queenie I think you scared away all the other people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Another thread ending up in a Rusty flame war.  Go get a room!  A padded one, would ya!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Another thread ending up in a Rusty flame war.  Go get a room!  A padded one, would ya?

Wow, this thread says it all, doesn't it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I usually stay away from these kinds of threads, but watching Sanchez get hurt in garbage time (after a dreadful performance by Smith) just makes me wonder how Ryan is still employed.  Maybe the real title of this thread should be: "Jets management are idiots"

Agreed. It was hilarious watching Rex trying to dodge questions on the matter after the game, when he was being peppered by the NY media. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Agreed. It was hilarious watching Rex trying to dodge questions on the matter after the game, when he was being peppered by the NY media. 

Really, I'm not one to make fun of coaches, but Rex really takes buffoonery to new heights.  Part of it is his history of making stupid comments (starting with "I didn't come here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings"), but this decision seemed so poorly thought through and so disasterous for the team that, seeing Sanchez writhing in pain, I couldn't think anything else.  Rex simply isn't a serious coach and someone should fire him before he does even more damage to that already damaged team. 

Honestly, I want the Jets to be good.  I like good competition.  I pay to see the games.  I want good ones.  Rex isn't just letting his own team down, he's letting everyone who likes to see decent NFL football down. He's a fine defensive coordinator, but he doesn't have the maturity or good sense to run a team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I think either you, or TFB, mentioned earlier...Rex is a good D coodinator but a terrible HC.  It's  a great, but not uncommon, example of the Peter Principle.

Really, I'm not one to make fun of coaches, but Rex really takes buffoonery to new heights.  Part of it is his history of making stupid comments (starting with "I didn't come here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings"), but this decision seemed so poorly thought through and so disasterous for the team that, seeing Sanchez writhing in pain, I couldn't think anything else.  Rex simply isn't a serious coach and someone should fire him before he does even more damage to that already damaged team. 

Honestly, I want the Jets to be good.  I like good competition.  I pay to see the games.  I want good ones.  Rex isn't just letting his own team down, he's letting everyone who likes to see decent NFL football down. He's a fine defensive coordinator, but he doesn't have the maturity or good sense to run a team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Here is a scathing write up about Rex - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/08/25/rex-ryan-blunder-mark-sanchez-injury-geno-smith/2696985/

They also take a dig at Tony Sparano - "Sparano did the impossible: He made both quarterbacks worse."

Am I glad that we have BB running this team !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I hate sounding like Commie Contrarian but the question now is Matt Simms the best Jets QB? I know this sounds crazy but Matt has the best stats of any Jets QB in the preseason and the best arm...

http://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/5.10/img/videos-v2/play-button-small.png

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts