Rex Ryan is NOT taking the pressure off the players--

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Rex Ryan is NOT taking the pressure off the players--

I disagree about it being off himself.  Way too late for that.  He's already deemed it about him needing to outcoach BB.

I do agree he's a self absorbed windbag who is in love with himself. That's not debatable.  He loves the limelight.

But, I think he's nervous and insecure and he's trying to go for the jugular, so to speak, with the rhetoric because it's what he's done since he accepted the job there.  Pedal to the metal. 

This is it.  He knows it and the team knows it.  Either his reckless approach works on Sunday or their window closes ever so slightly even more.

If they lose this game or do not win the SB, it's all downhill for here for them. They may be so obtuse, they don't see it, but just watch.

Don't expect NY to have this kind of wiggle room from the media, fans, other AFC teams in 2011, or lastly, Woody Johnson/Tannenrube.

He came out of the gate in early 2009 talking smack and it's increased ever since.

This guy spends more time talking out of both sides of his mouth it's hilarious to me. I have seen nothing like it in the NFL. Ever.

The only head coach close was Jerry Glanville, but this is far worse than that.

If the game on December 6th was the biggest regular season game in their history, this is clearly their biggest playoff game ever outside of the 1982 or 1997 title games to go the SB.

This is why he was hired. To beat NE. You can't run off at the mouth, daily, for 2 years straight and then pretend it didn't matter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The whole idea is a farce anyway. As if Rex doing his act in front of the cameras makes a bit of difference in any pressure the players feel to win a playoff game  ( or any game for that matter ). The same can be said of Rex's comments getting into BB's head. I had a meathead coworker give me that garbage this morning---"Rex is psyching out Bill". It's not often I get a laugh before my first cup of coffee. The only mental game being played is Rex playing with himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Exactly. That's why it's best not to talk at all.

Is it even debatable at this point that Rex talks out of both sides of his mouth to make sure he can cover up WHY his team lost?

He just did it when "explaining" why the December pasting happened. He made an excuse and claimed he was "outcoached" when in reality, he does nothing more than run the 3-4 man scheme with timed blitzes.

When NY came off their Bye for GB, they opened up the playbook, Sanchez buckled and so I guess that was "too complex" too?

It's an excuse for what they really fear.

Ol' BB pulled a fast one on the Jets. That's the reality of it. He knew his Moss/Welker offense was dead and he didn't wait to change it.

He gave Moss all the time and leeway, but Moss blew it.  With Moss acting up, it forced BB to move quicker than what he would have wanted (I still believe the TE use and running game was in the works, but Moss would have been a decoy almost exclusively).

This lone move with the drafting of the TEs (signing Crumpler), the gift of Woodhead completely falling into NE's lap courtesy of NY's ultra-stupidity and arrogance as well as trading for Branch, revamped the Pats offense and the Jets have no real personnel match up answers for it.

They thought they had NE.   They thought they had the personnel to match the Moss/Welker duo.

This is why 45-3 happened.

This game wont' be 45-3, but Jets fans are deluded if they think they can match up better a month later.

Their best shot is that run game early and often, but if they get behind, it's tough to stick to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Ryan coaches a group; BB built and coaches a team.  There is a huge difference between the two.  Ryan's group will be disbanded shortly; BB's team will continue to improve and learn to work together.  This is the difference between the jets and the Patriots.  One is built for the short-term; the other is built for the long haul.

If the short-term group fails, they disband and get out of town quickly; if the long-term team doesn't come out on top, they go back and work on what they learned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

What I didn't like was his stupid comment about even if BB slips up a little then the Jets were going to win (or something to that effect).

You can bet Rex, BB will be on guard and WON'T slip unless it is in your direction. Rex said he told BB that we'll be back after the last game and Bill just looked at him.

Well this time Rex will be looking at Bill.

Bill should shake his hand with his rings on them. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Rex Ryan is NOT taking the pressure off the players--:
    His players actually think he cares about them, he doesn't. it's all about Rex.
    Posted by NEGAME2

very evident when he states some of the crap he does. the coach should never be above the team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan is NOT taking the pressure off the players--:
    Rex is selling his players out...............I love it..........if we lose it wasn't my fault. I had a gameplan...the players didn't execute.
    Posted by sday4x4

He already said his last game plan for the Pats was too complicated for his players. Sounds to me like he's saying his players are too dumb to execute anything beyond a vanilla offense and defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If only talk had an impact on the game.

Just think - all the energy Rex puts into jabbering is energy he's not putting into getting his team ready for the play offs.

They can't stop the Pats rushing game.  They can't stop the Pats running game.  The Jets have a joke for a QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

Doesn't he remind you of the schoolyard Bully? All talk just to psyche you out and as soon as someone stands up to him and puches him in the mouth he back peddles. Just like the Pats did on that Monday night game. He was talking all the trash the week before treating it as his SB. Still had the nerve to want to play the Pats again right after the game. This is the same thing, he is running scared, we all know this.    

Sections
Shortcuts