Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/30/rex-ryan-keeps-talking-big/

Them are fightin' words...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Re: Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius)

I like Ryan.  I like how bold he is, how he's not afraid to speak his mind, and I think he's a pretty smart defensive coach.  For all the trash he talks, it's never mean-spirited or denigrating--he talks about being terrific, not putting down other teams/individuals (something ole LaDanian could learn about).  He makes a great foil, too, for our very careful, sedate coach.

I also, very, very much, hope we spank the Jets this season twice, and make them eat some xtra large helpings of humble pie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

they'll finish first in the teams that don't make the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

This is nothing more than a "pay no attention to that whole Santonio Holmes thing!" distraction. I expect Ryan has more up his sleeve for troubled Jets sure to cause some commotion this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius):
    This is nothing more than a "pay no attention to that whole Santonio Holmes thing!" distraction. I expect Ryan has more up his sleeve for troubled Jets sure to cause some commotion this year.
    Posted by mrbungle

Very good point.

There's a reason the magician's assistant's t!ts are hanging out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I liked his Dad with that awesome Bears defense.  Don't care so much for Rex and will ruin my entire season if they do better then the Patriots!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius) : Very good point. There's a reason the magician's assistant's t!ts are hanging out.
    Posted by p-mike

I...I, I can't express how good this one was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Rex is a great defensive coach and he's a players coach.  But he's a meathead, he can get players fired up and get them to run through brick walls, but can he manage a roster, contracts, scouting, and a salary cap.  I would compare him to Ditka, these type of head coaches are a dying breed in the NFL, there used to be alot.  There haven't been any successful meatheads in the NFL since the salary cap and the moves the Jets made this offseason are exactly what I expected from him.  I expect the Jets to go into a slow decline.  There's a reason Baltimore didn't give him the HC job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Didn't I tell everyone that Ryan didn't want Thomas? 

If you have the nerve to challenge the greatest coach EVER, why would any other coach want to bring you into their locker room? Thomas wasn't even asked to do something unreasonable. The Pats were thin a MLB, they asked you to switch, so your response to that was to act like a 5 year old? 

What coach doesn't ask his player to play a position of need? 

What a clown Thomas, and Ryan by association, are. Hey Thomas, enjoy that 35 Mill. That's the last mill you'll ever make. BUM!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This seaon's Jets may very well be a text book test case of whether or not team chemistry really matters.  Rex may very well have his hands full by midseason. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius) : And this is why all those 'distractions' just won't matter to the Jets this year.  SOmehow, this is something that BB never learned from the Tuna.  He just can't handle that kind of stuff.
    Posted by bjesuss

Right...BB just can't handle this kind of stuff.  Each year, even with players defecting and major injuries, the Pats are right up near the top.  Can you say 3 super bowls and 4 SB appearances?  How many have the Jets had this decade.  Oh..sorry...a big "0".  There is one area they are better than the PATS. Big mouths....which means nothing.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan: We'll Finish First (With or Without Adalius) : Right...BB just can't handle this kind of stuff.  Each year, even with players defecting and major injuries, the Pats are right up near the top.  Can you say 3 super bowls and 4 SB appearances?  How many have the Jets had this decade.  Oh..sorry...a big "0".  There is one area they are better than the PATS. Big mouths....which means nothing.  
    Posted by boomerst3

But IF only he had that critically important personal trait of being a loudmouth media beacon for distraction purposes when his players got thrown off airplanes...then, then Bill Belichick could trully be a very special NFL Coach...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The only thing he forgot to say was what exactly finishing first meant,my interpetation based on 41 years of watching these guys lose,would be that he meant that his season would be finished first !! Meaning by game number 4 when his team is 0-4, his team will be technically finished.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

I'm pretty sure Rex Ryan doesn't care how many SB's the Pats have won before he took over as head coach of the Jets.
    As far as he knows, in his first year, the Jets went farther in the playoffs than the Pats, with a rookie QB vs Tom Brady. His defense was better as well (both his and BB's specialty). So, in his mind, so far so good. And I'm sure he is confidant enough to think it will only get better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think a hotdog eating contest will be the first place trophy he will be holding on his gut! :)

Go Pats!