Rex Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Rex Ryan

This guy hasn't even coached one game and has already established himself as an utter buffoon.  His initial press conference had all this "If they pull a knife, we'll pull a gun" empty bravado (ooohhh I'm scared), then the Belichick rings comment (Oh really Rex, we thought you would kiss his rings?), and now this stuff with Channing Crowder. 

Seriously, this is from a grown man?  Boasting about how he has never lost a fight (again, ooohh, I'm scared) and challenging an opposing players family to a fight?  The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, his father was an idiot and so is he.  This is going to be fun to watch him lose his mind as well as his support once the Jets lose a few games. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Rex Ryan

He sounds like a buffoon....but I think that he is trying to instill confidence in his team through the media.  I think that he went a little over the top when talking about the Pats (unporvoked).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I love a coach that tries to fire up his team. I have just one small, itsy bity problem with RR and his saber rattling....Has yet to win a single GAME !!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Jets fans will throw him under the bus the moment they lose 3 in a row or something like that. the Honeymoon in NY wont last long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't have any qualms with a bold approach, but it has been my experience that a barking dog rarely bites.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Lets see how much he'll be talking once the season is over and the Jets are once again on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

This guy hasn't even coached one game and has already established himself as an utter buffoon.  His initial press conference had all this "If they pull a knife, we'll pull a gun" empty bravado (ooohhh I'm scared), then the Belichick rings comment (Oh really Rex, we thought you would kiss his rings?), and now this stuff with Channing Crowder.  Seriously, this is from a grown man?  Boasting about how he has never lost a fight (again, ooohh, I'm scared) and challenging an opposing players family to a fight?  The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, his father was an idiot and so is he.  This is going to be fun to watch him lose his mind as well as his support once the Jets lose a few games. 

Posted by Micksoxx

Which Ryan is the bigger dumb f*ck, Rex or Buddy? Father was a redneck bigmouth. The son is a chip off the old block.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

He reminds me of a young Rich Kotite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I suppose he's trying to be funny with the Crowder BS. Maybe that's the way he did it in Baltimore. Of course, as a HC you need to show a bit more composure, IMO. One guy who has surely bought into it is Bart Scott, who went with him to NJ. But we saw back in 07 what those two mouths accomplished. A disasterous time out and a 15 yarder for cussing out the refs. Once September rolls around he'll have to back up his BS on the field. When the Jests inevitably crash and burn again, everyone will be referring to his actions as "open mouth, insert foot". Jests fans are all fired up now, but they will be quick to turn on him as soon as they start losing. And with a rookie QB, the odds are against Rex big time. Especially when you have Belichick and Parcells both in your division! He had one of the best defenses in the league in Baltimore. Green New Jersey is a serious downgrade. And they will have to defend against Moss/Welker and TO/Evans four games this season! Pride cometh before a fall. We saw what happened to the Steelers when they were too cocky a few years ago. But "sneaking in" in 05 gave them some humility. Also under Tomlin they are more subdued, and they were successful. Mike was right, a barking dog rarely bites. And Rex is yipping like a chihuaua safe inside his fenced in yard. When the gates are opened in week one we'll see him running for cover with his tail between his legs. The "honeymoon" will indeed be a short one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Rex is a classic. I guess it good matching wits with a guy who did noy even know where London was.  Rex better hope his defense is as good as he thinks it will be.  No Ray Lewis or Ed Reed no same defense.  All this talk and Pats setting quiet ready to strike.  I am a huge Sox fan and love how they are doing so well but cant wait to see the Pats Revenge tour 2009-2010

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Rex is a classic. I guess it good matching wits with a guy who did noy even know where London was.  Rex better hope his defense is as good as he thinks it will be.  No Ray Lewis or Ed Reed no same defense.  All this talk and Pats setting quiet ready to strike.  I am a huge Sox fan and love how they are doing so well but cant wait to see the Pats Revenge tour 2009-2010
    Posted by ZekeMowattreturns

Remember, Rex is the guy who called TO on a Pats 4th and less than 1. The play continued and Tom didn't make it on the sneak. Brady later said that he heard the whistle and let up but would have made it otherwise. I was at the game and we didn't hear a whistle. The Pats made the 1st down on the next play (I think by a Ravens penalty.) So, with Rexy's help, the Pats went on to score the go ahead and preserve the undefeated regular season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Rex Ryan is an incredible defensive coach.  Personally, the guy has been a jerk for years so this is nothing new.  The Jets got a great coach out of this deal - almost makes you wonder why the would bother with Mangini.

Ryan is doing the right thing; he's really trying get his team prepared to talk smack all season and throw the PC AFC east teams off their game.  It's beneficial that they would do so because otherwise they appear to be the least talented group of the lot.

Sections
Shortcuts