Rex Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rex Ryan

Usually I don't care about his childish comments regarding this team, but his latest bugged me a little bit. He was quoted as saying he doesn't worry about the Patriots and that they should worry about the jets. I found this to be more obnoxious than usual out of him - granted he has been humbled the past couple of years - but it appears he really believes his team is very much improved and will be a real contender not only in our division, but league wide.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/20/rex-on-patriots-they-need-to-worry-about-us/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Rex Ryan

Not sure what your point is. He coaches a team. His job depends on his making the most out of his team and a part of that is instilling confidence. And they have a competitive team whether we like it or not. A very good front on D. Some good players behind them. A sound O line and some good RBs. At least one good WR (not a #1) and at least one other reasonable target (though again not a #1) plus a rookie TE who should be a help in their passing game. Add to that Vick who is a playmaker even if not durable nor consistent but still a danger and a playmaker with experience. Add to all that a tough persona for the team. They were 8-8. Perhaps with improvement they are CAPABLE of winning 10 games and so competing for a playoff spot.

Now they could regress. Or they could get just the wrong couple of players injured. Or the Fins and Bills could take steps to make their in division schedule that much tougher. But they are competitive in spite of what we would like to say and in spite of those always crowing about the so called weakness of the division.

I expect we beat them twice this year and I heavily favor us to win the division once again. But I dont see anything to whine about here. Ryan is a coach. He is not going to lay down for anyone. Why would you think so? Or why would you think he suddenly is going to change his own persona and be meek or simply silent?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The blowhard can say whatever he wants…Who is his QB?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Rex is right. However he is just stating the obvious. We do have to worry about the Jets just like we have to worry about every one of the 16 games we play. I'm glad he puts us on notice. He forces us to take his team and every team seriously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I hope the patriots run the score up on him both games this year just like the butt fumble Game.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

The worst leader in the league at the head coaching position. My god is he delusional.  I am not sure the NFL has seen anything quite like it in its history.

Another 7-9 season or worse upcoming.  I wonder when Vick will start complaining in the preseason? 

Can't wait to smoke the ever-loving daylights out of them twice this year again.

Sadly I think they win more then 7 this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I don't think it is necessarily what he said, but the arrogance with the way it is delivered. Bill always compliments the team we are playing and talks about some of their good points. Respects them.

Rex could of said, we are not worried about any team. We respect other teams but every team will need to worry about us. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with this season... or something along those lines. 

As Jim Croce once said "You don't pull on Superman's Cape and you don't spit into the wind".... Rex just motivated the Pats a bit more in the Jets games. If that is at all possible. 

Thanks Rex.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I think Rex is very good Defensive Minded Head Coach. His brother Rob is the overrated one. I think the Jets are going to surprise a lot of people. Not taking them lightly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

actually I like listening to Rex sound off--I'll miss him next year when he s fired!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

If anyone remembers his father Buddy, it's a case of "like father, like son". I don't think Rex is as obnoxious as his dad but he's trying. It makes it sweeter to sweep them, but I think the Jets are at least a .500 team again this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

actually I like listening to Rex sound off--I'll miss him next year when he s fired!

LOL, nice one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

If anyone remembers his father Buddy, it's a case of "like father, like son". I don't think Rex is as obnoxious as his dad but he's trying. It makes it sweeter to sweep them, but I think the Jets are at least a .500 team again this year.

His Dad seemed like a grouchy old fart-, at least Rex seems to have a bit of a sense of humor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

His Dad seemed like a grouchy old fart-, at least Rex seems to have a bit of a sense of humor.

His dad was and couldn't coach a lick. Buddy Ryan could put a defense together but was clueless on the offensive side of the ball. He had some super talented teams with the Eagles but their offense failed them in the playoffs numerous times. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I like Rex Ryan being the loudmouth moron that he is. Makes it that much sweeter when the Pats beat the Jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I am always caught in the middle of fat rex

he isn't really a head coach, I mean he almost has to ask permission to attend the offense team meetings, I mean do I think he should be fired , yes

and he is so dumb in what he says at times, he is embarrassing, should he fired for that,  I think so

The best that can be said of him is that he has a defensive scheme that can work and players. Like to play for him

But what us better for the pats, to have him coach the jets, I think so

rex teams are streaky, just like Rex's personality, he could and has gotten hot, but he always go cold, It's possible but not very probable they someday win a sb, with rex

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Rex Ryan on bringing in Patriots' castoffs Jermaine Cunningham and Ras-I Dowling,

“I don’t believe the one guy up in New England’s got all the answers, I worry about ourselves, what we think of a player and how we evaluate a player. Do I respect the hell out of Bill? Absolutely. But if we think a player can help us, we don’t care how we get him.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-bolster-jets-pair-belichick-castoffs-article-1.1829799

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Rex Ryan on bringing in Patriots' castoffs Jermaine Cunningham and Ras-I Dowling,

“I don’t believe the one guy up in New England’s got all the answers, I worry about ourselves, what we think of a player and how we evaluate a player. Do I respect the hell out of Bill? Absolutely. But if we think a player can help us, we don’t care how we get him.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-bolster-jets-pair-belichick-castoffs-article-1.1829799" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-bolster-jets-pair-belichick-castoffs-article-1.1829799" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-bolster-jets-pair-belichick-castoffs-article-1.1829799

I am shocked bb shows him the respect he does.  What a gutless blowhard rexie is.  Did you ever notice he backpedals after his original statement when mouthing off towards the pats?

Bill has respect for the game of football including his fellow coaches. He'll always show respect. Not his style to be a blowhard like Rex. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

I am shocked bb shows him the respect he does.  What a gutless blowhard rexie is.  Did you ever notice he backpedals after his original statement when mouthing off towards the pats?

Bill has respect for the game of football including his fellow coaches. He'll always show respect. Not his style to be a blowhard like Rex. 

Remember when Bon Jovi asked him what he thought of Rex. BB paused and sort of grimaced and then finally said "he'll probably get his guys to play for him"...That's all he could muster up for ol' Rexie's maturity and leadership qualities.

I sure do remember. Belichick respects him but I don't think he necessarily likes him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Not sure what your point is. He coaches a team. His job depends on his making the most out of his team and a part of that is instilling confidence. And they have a competitive team whether we like it or not. A very good front on D. Some good players behind them. A sound O line and some good RBs. At least one good WR (not a #1) and at least one other reasonable target (though again not a #1) plus a rookie TE who should be a help in their passing game. Add to that Vick who is a playmaker even if not durable nor consistent but still a danger and a playmaker with experience. Add to all that a tough persona for the team. They were 8-8. Perhaps with improvement they are CAPABLE of winning 10 games and so competing for a playoff spot.

Now they could regress. Or they could get just the wrong couple of players injured. Or the Fins and Bills could take steps to make their in division schedule that much tougher. But they are competitive in spite of what we would like to say and in spite of those always crowing about the so called weakness of the division.

I expect we beat them twice this year and I heavily favor us to win the division once again. But I dont see anything to whine about here. Ryan is a coach. He is not going to lay down for anyone. Why would you think so? Or why would you think he suddenly is going to change his own persona and be meek or simply silent?

Honestly I don't care if they are improved or finished 8-8 last season, there is a way to go about doing things and he does it wrong. Plus it's directed at my team...I'm not saying I want to meet him for a knife fight over this, but I do think his act is old, tired and run it's course. He hasn't won anything, it's July and he already is saying he doesn't care about the winner of the division, but instead we should care about them? To me that is a slap in the face. You'd think the guy would learn his lesson after having to eat his words for five years now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

His dad was and couldn't coach a lick. Buddy Ryan could put a defense together but was clueless on the offensive side of the ball. He had some super talented teams with the Eagles but their offense failed them in the playoffs numerous times. 

85 Bears defense under Buddy Ryan was F'ing great!!!  The guy sure could put a D together and his players loved him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

What was he suppose to say? I'm sure the media was doing their normal baiting. Is he suppose to say, my god I get up everyday and cry while I worry about the PATS! He is trying to build his team and their mentality up. He wants them to be meaningful as the season starts, though I'm sure deep in his own heart and soul he knows his team will again be bringing out the brooms to sweep up the cellar.

Sections
Shortcuts