Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings

Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings

Jacksonville Jaguars v New York Jets Getty Images

Jets coach Rex Ryan’s Super Bowl boasts no longer are confined to his predictions for the future.

On Wednesday, Ryan said that, if the Chargers had hired him to be their coach in 2007, he would have led the Chargers to at least two championships by now.

“Well, I think I would have had a couple rings,” Ryan told San Diego reporters, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.  “I’m telling you, those teams were loaded.”

Implicit in Ryan’s message is that Norv Turner has failed to get the most out of that loaded team.  Which isn’t exactly the best way to keep Turner from rolling his sleeves up a little higher and working a little harder to come to New York on Sunday and beat Rex’s Jets.

Perhaps realizing that he stepped in a pile of something other than dead leaves, Rex tried to scrub his shoes a little bit.  “Obviously, Norv Turner has done a great job there and A.J. and everybody,” Ryan said.  “That’s a great franchise.  He was probably the best guy for the job at that time.”

If Rex thinks he would have won a couple of Super Bowls in the four seasons since Norv was hired, Rex necessarily doesn’t think Norv was the best guy for the job.  Unless the goal of the game is to not win Super Bowls.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings

Although he is an idiot for dissing the hell out of Turner like that right before their game he is correct that those teams were loaded and had the talent to win the SB.  The weak link in SD has been the coaching and everyone knows it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i wonder if rob could end up in miami next year- that would be interesting

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings:
    [QUOTE]i wonder if rob could end up in miami next year- that would be interesting
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

HEYYYY NOWWW!!!   thats a thinker!!!!!   eisch!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What an idiotic and pointless thing for him to say but where's the surprise in that?  Would he have?  Well if my grandmother had ba11s she'd be my grandfather. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

BWAH-HA-HA!

The upshot here, is that Rex is complaining about ho his own team doesn't have enough talent. He hasn't won a ring nor NJersey yet, but would have won a couple for the 'loaded' SD franchise.

Almost like he is lobbying for a NEW job already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Don't lie to yourselves.....

I say he gets one, or maybe two max.  That team can score in bunches, and we all saw what he has done with that Jets D as well as Ravens.  Give him talent on the D side and he knows how to use it.  Couple that with SD's ability to score... I mean Sanchez ain't no Rivers....

I say they at least have a great chance to win 1.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

yea, he's basically saying that the reason the jets haven't won the superbowl because they don't have the talent, not because of his coaching. still a dumb thing to say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He's not a good coach.  He's a good DC.
    He's totally lost the team that he's supposedly built for 3 years.
    He can't handle the egos he has now, in fact he inflated them to the point that there is no team.  Just a bunch of BIG egos running a muck.
    Good coaches take bad or marginal teams and make them winners, not inherit them. 
    His total existence is about beating the Pats and winning the Super Bowl and ignoring the fact that in order for him to do that, he still has 16 other games to win.  Absolute Mo ron!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings:
    [QUOTE]He's not a good coach.  He's a good DC. He's totally lost the team that he's supposedly built for 3 years. He can't handle the egos he has now, in fact he inflated them to the point that there is no team.  Just a bunch of BIG egos running a muck. Good coaches take bad or marginal teams and make them winners, not inherit them.  His total existence is about beating the Pats and winning the Super Bowl and ignoring the fact that in order for him to do that, he still has 16 other games to win.  Absolute Mo ron!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

If you honestly don't think the past 2 seasons that the Jets have not overachieved given the talent of their individual players you are insane.  I hate the Jets and I'm not sure his style will work in the long run, but Rex's results the past 2 seasons speak for themselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

he wasn't talking about SB rings he was talking about toe rings. There all the rage out there

Jeez talk about misinterpeting a quote. The writter should no better Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings : If you honestly don't think the past 2 seasons that the Jets have not overachieved given the talent of their individual players you are insane.  I hate the Jets and I'm not sure his style will work in the long run, but Rex's results the past 2 seasons speak for themselves.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

yea he's done well with the lack of talent the jets have. they have a few really good players, obviously revis and mangold but they also have a bad qb and many average players throughout the roster. to make it to the afc championship two years in a row with that team is pretty good. his style probably isn't suited for long term success, the players will start to tune him out, if it isn't already happening now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings : If you honestly don't think the past 2 seasons that the Jets have not overachieved given the talent of their individual players you are insane.  I hate the Jets and I'm not sure his style will work in the long run, but Rex's results the past 2 seasons speak for themselves.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

My psychiatrist told me I wasn't insane, so there!  LOL
    Sorry, but his dubious tactics worked for a little while but now have back fired.
    He has lost this team and it shows big time.
    I'm not even real convinced that he is a great DC.  When he first took over, his D went from, 3rd to 6th to the D it is today, which is not great and getting worse.  Take away 2-3 players and it's the bottom of the barrell.  Even with them it is Blahhh.
    You are not a great coach if you only play well for 4 games a year.
    Is that what you are calling overachieving?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

And if he had been hired to be coach of the New England Patriots in 2000, he is sure they could have won one ring by now.... maybe.... possibly......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

go san diego  bolts bolts bolts!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he's the biggest at always saying "if". His team is crap right now, and will 6-10 at years end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Fat REX is a loud mouth pig. Totally classless. Oh, by the way didn't he move to draft Sanchez

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I agree...The Fat Foot Smelling maggot also has a FAT MOUTH as well...he should stick his wife's toe jammed filled foot in his Fat Mouth and roll-off!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

And Norv fires back:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/norv-on-rex-where-are-the-rings-he-guaranteed-the-last-two-years/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]BWAH-HA-HA! The upshot here, is that Rex is complaining about ho his own team doesn't have enough talent. He hasn't won a ring nor NJersey yet, but would have won a couple for the 'loaded' SD franchise. Almost like he is lobbying for a NEW job already.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Scrolled down hoping noone had yet beaten me into posting the underlying meaning of Ryan's statement here... 

You DID forget 1 thing however, here zbellino:

~Rex Ryan states that IF he happened to be San Diego's Head Coach, He UN-doubtedly would have (what was it?) "at least 2 Superbowl Championships already," right?  
    ~Now then...Any Non-M#r0n should be able to logically determine that Rex Ryan isn't talking SOLELY about The overall coaching abilities of San Diego's HC, Norv Turner...  Because- Well...It doesn't even make any sense upon hearing Ryan's statement here, To NOT ask yourself the scholarly brain-burner (this is gonna be deep, I might lose some people): 
          "What would be different/What IS different between being The Head Coach of The San Diego Chargers VERSES being The Head Coach of the New York Jets?" <pretty deep, right? />

So...idk- just shootin' here... Is it, maybe he'd be the coach of a championship team because, maybe- There's more sun on the west coast, and the weather's nicer?  Maybe...Or- OH!=It's The Jets Owner verses The Chargers Owner.  1 Owner is really, REALLY bad, and he hates spending money, or even winning at all, for that matter?  Is- It could be- I'm just....The Logo?  RIGHT!  HUH!?!  'Cause, I'll tell'ya...that Charger lightning bolt- Really, Who on Earth DOESN'T think that a bad-#s lightning bolt is gonna spell victory, over some boring 4 letter "Jets" word...?

<The good news here though, is that Rex Ryan should be fine...  I see no reason to conclude that ANY NY Jets Player will actually make that brilliant leap of logic, which says Ryan's cleverly ambiguous hidden meaning, Actually has to do with: Current On Field Talent of those people who actually play the game.  Heck, I don't even believe any Jets Fan, NY Jets Coach or personell, or even any NY Media source, can decipher a code this genius...           

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

He is trying to motivate his team by telling them he is great but they suck.
    As they say, "Good luck with that."