Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings

He simultaneously implies that the Chargers are more talented and that Norv is a bad coach. This guy managed to step into 2 steaming piles of doggie-doo at the same time. I'm impressed. I mean that takes talent.

So who starts the "slow clap"???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Why are people all of a sudden saying the Jets have no talent. They were 10-6 the year before he was hired. Rex is a good coach but he wanted Sanchez. They traded up for him. The Jets main weakness is the QB position and Ryan is always talking Sanchez up. The Jets are loaded with talent, it's the Jets own fault that they are so enamored with a crappy offensive coordinator and the QB he seems to despise.
     Why would Ryan have won with Rivers? One of the reason Rivers is so great is because of Norv Turner. Rivers always talks about how much Norv Turner has improved his game. Say what you want about Turner but his track record with QB's is pretty good. If Rex had coached those Charger's teams they would have had a great defense and Rivers would have continued handing it off to Tomlinson over and over again and Rivers would never have developed into the QB he is now. Maybe they would have won a Super Bowl but Merriman's steroid bust hurt that team badly. Merriman went from the best linebacker in the NFL into a laughing stock in one off season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings:
    [QUOTE]I agree with him. He would have gotten that team to a super bowl in 2008 or 2009 IMO. Rex ticks us off cause he works for the Jets but the guy can coach and get his players to buy in and those teams were stacked and what did they lack? They didnt buy into Norv Turner and still dont. in 2008 when Brady was out I bet the Rex led Bolts would have contender a bit harder then they did. But with that said who cares? This guy does not coach for the Pats so why are people so obsessed with him?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Please Taz, don't make yourself A TOOL too. Rex's generic offense will NEVER win a SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings:
    [QUOTE]He is trying to motivate his team by telling them he is great but they suck. As they say, "Good luck with that."
    Posted by thor7[/QUOTE]
    agreed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings : Please Taz, don't make yourself A TOOL too. Rex's generic offense will NEVER win a SB.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

When is Norv's offense going to win a SB?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings : When is Norv's offense going to win a SB?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    The Chargers will go farther then both the Pats & the Jets in this post season.
     what have you done for me lately? nothin'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Norv's answer was classic.

"I hadn't seen his quote and I was a little bit surprised by the call," Turner said. "And then after I saw the quote, I didn't have a chance to ask him this, but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the last couple of years."

As for Rexy...Did he just say he DOESN'T have a Super Bowl quality team and QB? Way to coach your players Rex. Tell them they don't have what it takes. As if we already didn't know that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings : The Chargers will go farther then both the Pats & the Jets in this post season.  what have you done for me lately? nothin'

What have your Chargers done ever...nothin'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings : The Chargers will go farther then both the Pats & the Jets in this post season.  what have you done for me lately? nothin'

You are starting to sound like a Jets fan.....We will win the SB this year!  Or in your mind....you will win a SB by advancing past the Wildcard round!

What have I done for you lately??????????????????????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]He simultaneously implies that the Chargers are more talented and that Norv is a bad coach. This guy managed to step into 2 steaming piles of doggie-doo at the same time. I'm impressed. I mean that takes talent. So who starts the "slow clap"???
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

Nicely played.

I ask ANY of you to BOTH alienate peers and prodigies, in a single off-the-cuff 1-liner...  Right on the spot and off the top'a your head???  Timesedge is right on with this one.  I'm just sayin', I tried...  For most of us, you really would have ta plan this out ahead somehow.  

of note:  Man I hated using the term "prodigy" up above...  That's another brain-tease right there.  Ya know, attempting to correlate the notion of a group of good & trusted subordinates under the guidance of someone above them, coupled with someone or anyone on The NY Jets Roster...<something like "Prodigy" + "Boorish, loud-mouthed braggard Penny-Stinker" combined />?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i can't wait to hear what this bozo will say after week 10 when they would have accumulated 6 losses

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]BWAH-HA-HA! The upshot here, is that Rex is complaining about ho his own team doesn't have enough talent. He hasn't won a ring nor NJersey yet, but would have won a couple for the 'loaded' SD franchise. Almost like he is lobbying for a NEW job already.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Exactly, his teams falling apart and he's thinking out loud about what else could have been.  The chargers are going to tune them up and the pats are going to beat them worse in a few weeks then they did two weeks ago.  If their defense has a bad game or two it will be every man for himself in that locker room.  it already is on the offensive side.

13. This post has been removed.