Rex Says Pats Too Green to Succeed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rex Says Pats Too Green to Succeed

More from the King of Blow-hards, who now implies that the Pats' young players will fold under pressure: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/01/14/2011-01-14_tom_brady_bill_belichick_are_proven_super_bowl_champions_but_recent_experience_m.html 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Rex Says Pats Too Green to Succeed

I love how one of the voting options on that poll mid-page says "Mark Sanchez v.s. the Pats 'porous' pass Defense". Hilarious.

You just can't make this up.

Yes, really "porous".

NE's D has been the best D in the NFL since December 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Less than 10 points per game the last 5, and that's with teams playing catchup all game.  38 Takeaways on the season.  Clearly the New England defense SUCK$!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

We're in the top 10 of SCORING defenses

Yardage is for suckas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kieran460. Show kieran460's posts

they are obv scared of coming into foxboro on sunday...they obv dont know how to act like they have been there before. check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilaNx1bjGk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's good to see Lupica keeping his hand in the fiction genre.

Sure, Mike, it's been a few years since the Pats won a Super Bowl, and a different New Jersey team did, indeed, reach the AFC Championship last year . . .   but THIS Pats team beat THIS Jests team, in embarassing fashion little more than a month ago.

Dig up all the convoluted numbers you like, and wrap as much of Rex's rhetoric around it as you can find (and you can find a lot), but ultimately both you and Rex are grasping, futilely, at straws.

His judgment cometh, and that right soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

More scared talk from Rex.  Their fear grows larger by the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

"I'll play them again right now, but I don't think they meet us..."
    Rex Ryan, around 8:00 pm Sunday night before the long ride home to NJ

"I don't know about any of that.  I'm just trying to get us ready to play the Steelers/Ravens.  They already have a head start on us so we've got a lot of work to do"
    Bill Belichick, around 8:00 pm Sunday night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from drewstacy12. Show drewstacy12's posts

We are very young indeed but that is what excites me about this team. In years past people have said our age has killed us and now its turned around. In response to the jets as being veterans is just a joke though. Is there really any proven winners on the squad? I can only think of Santonio Holmes but outside of him the big game experience falls off. I am also sick of hearing about L.T. as if he has ever done anything in big games. Once again he will choke and fake an injury and probably finish the game on the side line if the game goes the Pats way. Either way I think we will be just fine as our leadership and coaching works well with young players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Like my wife says, this young D has so much energy they fly around the field. Now when you have BB teaching them how to handle that energy you wind up with the top scoring D!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

John Wooden said

I'd rather have talent than experince

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

And the Saints had zero experience last season as well. It isn't like the Jets have a vaunted history. 

This is just Rex being Rex. He knows he doesn't have the horses, so he is trying to talk them up and hope for a psychological advantage. Or, it could be that he is trying to convince himself.

Who cares.

NE will crush them. Tom, in particular, is going to destroy the Jests defense again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Since Thanksgiving (when the real football starts):

Jets scoring defense = 21.2 ppg / Pats = 11.8 ppg
    Jets against teams that made the playoffs = 1-2 / Pats = 3-0
    Jets record in those games = 3-3 / Pats = 6-0

Yup, real green Rexie!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

I can't wait to hear what he has to say after the Pats win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Rex Says Pats Too Green to Succeed:
    [QUOTE]     More from the King of Blow-hards, who now implies that the Pats' young players will fold under pressure: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/01/14/2011-01-14_tom_brady_bill_belichick_are_proven_super_bowl_champions_but_recent_experience_m.html  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm........ just wondering......  What was the avg age of the 2001 Pats team that won the Super Bowl? You remember, vs The Greatest Show On Turf, aka Defending NFL Champs? The same guys that laid it to the Pats in the regular season? What was their collective playoff and Super Bowl experience on the last day of the regular season? And that Pats defencse? That same terrible bunch that gave up a disgusting "3" points to these sames JESTS! in December? Should have shut 'em out! Thank God that vaunted JESTS! offense clicked on 3 points! THAT'LL show those inexperienced Patriots!

Methinks that the Great Hutt needs to stick to ankles, toes, feet, and buffets. You know, stuff he actually knows something about.

(How many jokers on the JESTS! roster have won Super Bowls?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i mean..im gunna not be biased and say thats a valid point..the defense could get nerbous and fold under the playoff pressure. however, i dont think that meriweather, wilfork, and mayo will let that happen. we are young but we are fortunate enough to have veterans to keep us on our toes all night..same with the O line and Brady and Branch on D.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I hope the Jets are smart enough too bring a Cardiologist to this game because the Fat man could suffer a heart attack if he keeps heaping this type pressure on himself and his players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

This is getting way out of hand. Rex is such an idiot. I cannot stand him or his team. Ok you think you will win sunday, ok rex the whole world knows that you think this so shut up already.

you are making me nauseated. you never say a nice thing about anyone but yourself.

Big deal you think you will win so what. I thought I disliked the Colts but these guys are something else. I am at a loss for words and can't take reading anymore of his comments. He is literally making me sick with his talk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Funny how Rex is quick to mention Brady and Belichick have not won any Super Bowls lately. How does he explain to his players that the Jests have not even sniffed a SB in 42 YEARS??? The Jests do have more experience if you add up the players. But they don't have the experience together. And the type of player in NJ is the "me" types, who love the numbers and individual highlights. Why else would a guy like Cromartie call out the best QB in the league? The Patriots play as a team, and these young guys have bought into it. I believe NE has just as much (if not more) talent on the roster than the Jests. They're just unproven. The bottom line is that they will have to create multiple turnovers, and Sanchez will need a career day. Sure, anything can happen. But I wouldn't waste any money betting on the Jests! Let Rex blow smoke up his players a s s e s all he wants. Talk is cheap before the game. The Patriots will let their play do their talking, as usual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Says Pats Too Green to Succeed:
    [QUOTE]"I'll play them again right now, but I don't think they meet us..." Rex Ryan, around 8:00 pm Sunday night before the long ride home to NJ . "I don't know about any of that.  I'm just trying to get us ready to play the Steelers/Ravens.  They already have a head start on us so we've got a lot of work to do" Bill Belichick, around 8:00 pm Sunday night.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

Nice call back. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sunday can't come quick enough!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LMAO, you mean like they did during their 45-3 beat down of the jest on national TV

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Pats will GO GREEN W/ ENVY While Jets go BLUE  FOR MESSING UP ONCE AGAIN
    Patriots have the Smarter Coach and Q.B while Jets don't even  rank in the top 10  maybe top 1000 But Patriots have the Brains while Jets have teh TRASHY MOUTHS

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Says Pats Too Green to Succeed:
    [QUOTE]You know what's crazy guys... I love talking X's and O's, gameplans, my love of football, etc... At this point is anyone else just tired of talking and just wants the FREAKING GAME TO BE HERE ALREADY!!!! I think I've said almost everything I can about this game and it's been flat out exhausting! hahah...
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

The added pressures of a Bye Week.  Should be used to that by now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For a coach with everything to lose and little to gain, Rex's team needs to play a perfect game against NE to even be in it.  His  mouth will not make up for his team's impending meltdown.  Come Monday, he's either going to be seen as a nutball genius, or just a blowhard with years left on his contract.  Press is going to extoll his brilliance for beating BB twice in a season, or they're going to villify him thoroughly for pretending that he could. 

That locker room is going to be whiney and accusatory when this one ends.  Can't wait to hear which player gets called out first....Revis?  Cromartie? 
    Wonder how many of his loyal players are going to be seeing him in the same light when this one's over

Sections
Shortcuts