Rex wants what Bill has.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Rex wants what Bill has.

In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has.:
    [QUOTE]who wouldnt want to be BB ........good lord
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Well, I sure wouldn't want that...at least not more than 1 hour. She is the epitomy of plastic surgery. Guess how many parts and pieces aren't naturally her's? I'm couting at least 4. If you want that, go to Toys r Us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Who wouldn't?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]That sounds legit.  Although, I suspect that Bill wouldn't mind what Rex has in the last couple of years.... a playoff win.  Success in the NFL is fleeting, 2004 is as relevant as 1969.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Actually 2005, and no it's not as relevant in a time that 95% of the posters on BDC were not even born, because Rex wants what BB has, remember?  Only a fan who cannot enjoy their teams success would say such a thing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : Except that we are talking about the same coach, same system, many of the same players...so yeah, it do mean squat.  Not named TB, who were the main players on those SB teams?

Same coach (Bill Belichick), same defensive line coach (Pepper Johnson), same offensive line coach (Dante Scarnecchia), same QB (Tom Brady), same nose tackle (Vince Wilfork)

Other than age, the only reason half the coaching staff is gone is because they did a good enough job to earn other jobs

You don't hear about the Jets' defensive coordinator outside New York.  Heck, you barely hear about the Jets' defensive coordinator IN New York (I live here).  And Brian Schottenheimer isn't exactly doing a bang-up job either considering he can barely muster up enough points to outscore the opponents who have to face the Jets' impressive defense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

McCheaters such a tool!  Hmmmmm, 7 years ago is the same as 32 years ago....sure.
    Good thing that the Jets have some playoff wins over the last couple of seasons, because they get a banner for that.....wait they dont.  Well, they must get something for it, right?
    Who cares if you get a couple of playoff wins, the Jets didnt win the division, didnt win the AFC, or the Superbowl. 
    The reason the Jets lost against the Steelers is because "your team" treated that playoff game (against the Pats) like the Superbowl, so they were not ready to play in the next game, and got rolled in the first 1/2 of that game! 
    The Jets came in 4th!  In 3 years no one will remember that they won any playoff games except for Jets fans.  If that is the only thing you can hold onto, well, you have some serious issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : You know, I specifically said not named TB.  What do you do, name TB.  Sorry man, 2004 was a long time ago and it has been obvious the last 6 years that TB is not enough.  He looked just petrified in January.  It's like he doesn't care anymore.  And Vince's rookie year on a SB team doesn't count for much seeing all the real stars from those good teams are long gone.  Just another team that can't win a playoff game. 

A team that can't win a playoff game, a team that can't win an AFC Championship game; is there really a whit of difference between the two in real terms?

My feeling is you either win the SB or shatdafahkap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Is Rex a good coach? I mean when he got the Jets they weren't a 3-13 team right? He didn't have to start from scratch building the team.

Since then he's spent money wildly on the top available FA's and made it work the last couple of years.

Now......it's time to perform the other side of the head coaching position and that's balancing the budget. He got what he wanted the last two years but now it's time to face the music in that he can't afford that team long term. He banded a bunch of cut throat pirates and was able to get them pulling one direction. He didn't build anything......he didn't build or grow anything, he hired experienced mercenaries who cared more about themselves then any team. He wanted instant gratification and rolled the dice with Woody's money.

He's made crazy predictions of winning everything the last two years and walked away with nothing. Not even a division title.

BB sat on top not so long ago, since then he's had to completely re-tool every part of this team except for Brady and Faulk. He's done it with clever trades to earn better draft picks. Some trades have been good, some bad but he's done it with the teams long term interest in mind. Sometimes that meant not having everything you want on the field but he didn't sacrifice the long term plan by whoring out to mercenaries for instant gratification.

I think Rex can be a good coach.......but let's see him prove it over time first.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

The constant McCheaters posts; are these coming from the same team that was penalized last year for one of their coaches tripping an opposing player while that player was running down field in front of the gang green bench ?

Just a thought for you gang green fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

After they go 8-8 this year Rex might be wishing for an offer from any tv network.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think you guys are missing the obvious. You are basking in the glory of Rex complimenting BB when his intent is the opposite.

Rex's comments are a strategic communication to his team. They function as a motivator to put the responsibility on them. The real message is: He is not good enough, so they have to be!

Part of strategic communication is to use irony, mis-statement, opposite intent, aggreement with false statements etc to motivate.

Don't let your ego's get taken in by this crap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Rex Ryan is unhealthily obsessed with Bill Belichick.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

My thoughts on this are like this:

Rex knew that we had a weaker team last year, I believe that a 14 game winning streak was more on the sholders of BB and Brady (good schemes, and Bradys amazing streak of no ints etc. etc.) I think that when he looks at the opponents and he knows they are weaker on paper he can run his mouth more.

This year it is different. He has some serious competition coming up and needs to start covering for the poor performance. Our team got better, specifically our D got a whole lot better, his team got worse, they lost some great FA's this year and the salary cap didnt do them any favors. I think he needs to manage expectations, and manage the media because he is expecting an @ss whoppin right out of the gate.

In my humble opinion, this is just managing expectations not a change of heart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]That sounds legit.  Although, I suspect that Bill wouldn't mind what Rex has in the last couple of years.... a playoff win.  Success in the NFL is fleeting, 2004 is as relevant as 1969.

Great! What does the trophy for that look like? How about the rings? Do they say 'Best Team in the NFL Not To Get To The Super Bowl Since Before The Beatles Broke Up'

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]I think you guys are missing the obvious. You are basking in the glory of Rex complimenting BB when his intent is the opposite. Rex's comments are a strategic communication to his team. They function as a motivator to put the responsibility on them. The real message is: He is not good enough, so they have to be! Part of strategic communication is to use irony, mis-statement, opposite intent, aggreement with false statements etc to motivate. Don't let your ego's get taken in by this crap.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I think he plays it well.  I saw him take the pressure off his team with his comments.  He can also put pressure on his team with those same comments. It all depends what goes on behind the scenes.  I think he is a lot smarter than most give/gave him credit for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]Rex was referring to being able to see Brady's toes on a daily basis....the thought of that causes his mouth to salivate....that and the Buffet at golden corral that is....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]Hilarious!! Thanks for that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : The fact that the Pats finished with winning records during their rebuilding period(s) is a positive testimony to the organisation. Curiously, you equated the jets succes as a football team to the NE Patriots.  As you well know, there is no comparison- that's why Rex wants what Bill has.  Of course, you very cleverly tucked all the Pats succes into a single (2004) season..that it would place your jets on the same level.  Of course, this is what you arw here for- to misrepresent what people say on this board; cause mayhem.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]Well put.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]who wouldnt want to be BB ........good lord
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]Please forgive my "left coast ignorance", but who is that withh BB? I don't get a lot of Patriots News in the Gay Bay.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Does Rex mean to trade two feet for..........

Bill Belichick - Detroit Pistons v Boston Celtics, Game 5

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : Another clown writing off Wilson after his rookie year?  And who was that other QB that took his team to the final 4 in his first two years while winning 4 playoff games on the road?  Rex must hate having the best center & CB in the NFL teamed up with Brick, Harris, Keller, Greene and now two of the best Dlinemen in the 2011 draft.  How will he ever survive with that crew? 
    I have a great track record mocking specific Jets players.  I spent years mocking DeWayne Shrimpy-Arms Robertson, starting one week before he was drafted, thank you!  And then the Jets took him!  Then I was mocking Stone-Hips before the draft, and lo and behold the Jets took him!  I didn't start with the Sanchise (he mocks himself!) and with Mini-Me Wilson until the day after the draft, but I've always been consistent.  My other biggest loser was Tebow, but the Broncos took him.  I have a great track record of spotting bad players coming a long ways off, long before training camp and long before their first game, and I obviously say what I don't like about them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by xBruzer77[/QUOTE] I guess a little research and my question was answered.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Just an opinion, but shouldn't Rex want what Bill has?  Seems reasonable to me.  Shouldn't Jets fans want what we have?  Seems reasonable to me.  Look, as much as I distain all things Jets, Ryan is a proven winner (maybe not SBs, but he's done very, very well against us), and the Jets have turned it around the past few years.  I would think all franchises that haven't won anything or won anything in a while would pattern their team's philosophy after Kraft and BB.  Jeez, we've benn constant SB winners and/or contenders for a decade.  Makes perfect sense to me that our model and our success would be what other team emulate.  All this said, despite my respect for Ryan and the Jets, I still want to stomp and absolute mud-hole in ther butts.  GO PATS!

Sections
Shortcuts