Rex wants what Bill has.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Rex wants what Bill has.

Have any of you guys read on the nfl.com site the article titled Rex wants what BB has? Their is a video and Rex says BB is the best coach etc. Then goes on to say he wants what he has (in ref to the 3 SB trophies).
    Just curious if you checked it out and your thoughts on his statements.

*As always Go Pats. Looking for a win Sat. in Mi*

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Re: Rex wants what Bill has.

Every coach except Jimmy johnson, george seifert and chuck noll wants what he has...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Rex was referring to being able to see Brady's toes on a daily basis....the thought of that causes his mouth to salivate....that and the Buffet at golden corral that is....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It'll take fat boy along time to get just one of these

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

He should come here as BB's defensive coordinator, he'd have a better chance at some hardware that way!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has.:
    [QUOTE]  Ian R. Rapoport   Rex Ryan tells NFL Network: "I think Bill Belichick is the best coach in this game; I don’t even think it’s close."
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

That's about right. Now kiss htose SB ring fat boy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

or kiss his rings. LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I hope the Pats send Sexy Rexy a custom Patriots superbowl toe ring after we win it again this year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : Who would disagree?  I bet it feels good to beat the best. 
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

McC - Just sayin' - Rex did outcoach BB in the playoff game last year and ther ain't no doubt about it.  Not a bad day at the office for Rex!  Credit where due!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't see Rex getting what BB has.  That would mean BB would have to retire and MR. Kraft hire Rex this season.  Not going to happen.  Rex is stuck with his players..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Everybody since Bill Walsh does.  Maybe Rex gets it, maybe he doesn't.  Rex is not a bad coach, I think he's a very good one.  I question their personnel moves.  We'll see how it plays out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]That sounds legit.  Although, I suspect that Bill wouldn't mind what Rex has in the last couple of years.... a playoff win.  Success in the NFL is fleeting, 2004 is as relevant as 1969.

The fact that the Pats finished with winning records during their rebuilding period(s) is a positive testimony to the organisation.

Curiously, you equated the jets succes as a football team to the NE Patriots.  As you well know, there is no comparison- that's why Rex wants what Bill has.  Of course, you very cleverly tucked all the Pats succes into a single (2004) season..that it would place your jets on the same level.  Of course, this is what you arw here for- to misrepresent what people say on this board; cause mayhem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Getting sick of the fact that he can't go through an interview without mentioning Bill or the Patriots. It looks as if he's insecure regarding us and I don't blame him (despite the fact that he's done ok against us), I'm sure he realizes that what we have and will accomplish is something he may never do. Ultimately he must realize that we will be the reason he becomes unemployed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

who wouldnt want to be BB ........good lord

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Over the years, a bunch of players have guaranteed wins against the Patriots.  Coach Rex is just saying what the players want to say about guaranteeing wins, so that the players don't have to take their own heat for saying it. 

Smart enough to say this, but Rex is still wishing the front office would give him a better team instead of blowing its draft choices on Stone-Hips Gholston, the Sanchize and Kyle Shrimpy-Arms Williams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the Pats send Sexy Rexy a custom Patriots superbowl toe ring after we win it again this year...
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]
    Only the late Red Auerbach had toe rings.  First you have to get one for the thumb, and then one for the other thumb, and one to hold the victory cigar, one for the ear, one for the nose, one for the other cigar, ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

McCheaters you're doin' simply a fantastic job cr#pping on candor of your Coach. 

Likewise, not so much on this thread but ABSOLUTELY in the comments section of The Extra Points piece regarding this, Many of YOU Pats Fans are yourselves doin' a wonderful job, by taking Rex's open honesty, and straight-up words regarding Belichick, and pretty much thinking it's some kinda "in" to stomp the guy on his face, with some weird and incorrect notion that Rex Ryan's showing weakness here (given the "apparent" strength of the 2011 Pats, and/or that Rex is "obsessed" and/or "completely jealous" of Belichick (and it went further..."He'll NEVER be Belichick, he's loud, he svx, he's fat, etc., etc.).

~~~
    Believe it or not, Rex Ryan sayin' this...I trully don't believe is any design, any motivated ploy, any "obsession",...  It's just & illustrates=100% Pure Rex Ryan...

Guy just spits out, speaks his mind, tells it like it is, He doesn't hold back & he doesn't seem to care ABOUT holding back...  Ryan not simply is a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve, But he weras his thoughts as well...good or bad..."acceptable" or Not.

And BB's a "freak Coach"...He is.  And we're lucky.  And the guy wasn't born in the womb, I think he was born inside a football.  He's sorta a mutant, really.  The word "fanatical" doesn't do BB justice. 

And Ryan?  He recognizes it...  But not just that, lmao...  HE freaking said IT.  And believe me, NO NFL Coach has the b#lls to say, what probably EACH & EVERY single one, believes...in varying amounts...but they all do:  Bill Belichick is amongst the elite of the elite NFL Coaches...his successes in free agent & team cap era are absurd and unparalleled.  And yet 1 single coach had the moxy & guts to just speak his mind (read=There's 30 other NFL Coaches who think they'd be perceived as weak, wimpy, quitters, jealous, and amillion other things, IF they stated this).  Not Rex Ryan...  He doesn't really give a sh#t.  And he really IS a very GOOD Coach- Total bs to say Mangini or whomever, began NY's building process...B=S.  Ryan's a 1st time Pro Coach, went to a 30 year loser, and turned 'em around, And he swings hard to be the best himself (and he's been swingin' pretty hard AT the best too).

Rex Ryan just increased in my respect here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : Sorry, I really wish I could have made it through one of your novels.  I try, really I do and maybe you have something relevant or intelligent to say, but I don't think I'll ever know if you do.  I just get so dang bored a couple of sentences in that I stop reading.  I really am sorry.

McCheaters, ya know I'm usually pretty dang good with this sorta stuff, so I'm just gonna let it fly here...
    ~I mean, I don't quite know what it is, but I get this overall vibe from you, And it just tells me over & over, That you're the type'a guy who makes friends easily...  I know, I may be wrong, But I really don't think so on this call right here. 

Maybe a visualization'll help: I picture you comin' in to party, and you're lax & chill, laid back but just powerful-just crazy powerful aura, confident but approachable.  Immediately ya got 3 or 4 people erupting=Party Is Now OFFICIAL.  And so- so you're just like self-effacing and all, and go: "Is someone behind me, or am I wearing my underwear on the outside again...Stan (getting old Stanley in on the action, least you can do, No one wants to be near him with his recent scabies recurrence)-you KNOW you're my lifetime underwear checker, I mean you scr#wed my sister for god's sakes.  What, You Didn't?  Oh, 'I- don't- HAVE- a- sister'.  Well, chances are you're right then...".    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]That sounds legit.  Although, I suspect that Bill wouldn't mind what Rex has in the last couple of years.... a playoff win.  Success in the NFL is fleeting, 2004 is as relevant as 1969.

we didn't say it - Rex Ryan did

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. : Another clown writing off Wilson after his rookie year?  And who was that other QB that took his team to the final 4 in his first two years while winning 4 playoff games on the road?  Rex must hate having the best center & CB in the NFL teamed up with Brick, Harris, Keller, Greene and now two of the best Dlinemen in the 2011 draft.  How will he ever survive with that crew? 

Cornerbacks typically don't excel in their rookie years.  I always remind people that while Darius Butler may have stunk up the joint, Asomugha was also terrible his rookie year.

I didn't see much to demonstrate that Wilson's improved this preseason, though...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has. :   and now two of the best Dlinemen in the 2011 draft. 

Lets see a few games before saying that. I think Wilkerson will be good, I was actually hoping the Pats drafted him. Not gonna lie I was a little disappointed when the Jets picked him. The other dude is huge and looks like he could be a pretty good nose tackle. Then again, Ghoulston looked like he was going to be a monster. I gotta see some results before comparing any rookies

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

n Response to Re: Rex wants what Bill has.:

Yes, you are correct. And 2010 is as relevant as 1969 or 2001 as well. So, each year is the start of something new. 2 AFCCG's in the last 2 years don't mean squat. As 3 SB's in the last decade. There you go, all are even.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I actually liked the interview. 

Think Rex is a good coach - the only issue i have with him is his big mouth!

If he would talk a little less....he might get more respect..

Sections
Shortcuts