RG3 in surgery this am for torn LCL - and maybe more- does not look good for his 2013 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

RG3 in surgery this am for torn LCL - and maybe more- does not look good for his 2013 season

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/robert-griffin-iii-faces-surgery-for-torn-knee-ligament-doctors-will-explore-for-damage-to-another/2013/01/08/1054c6f8-59ee-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html

Post report confirns RG3's major new knee injury. Will heads roll? I hope so.  Keeping him in the game was inexcuseable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: RG3 in surgery this am for torn LCL - and maybe more- does not look good for his 2013 season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8827480/sources-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-acl-lcl-surgery-ready-opener

Torn ACL and LCL and he's only projected to miss 6-8  months?  What happened to the typical diagnosis of 9-12 months?  I understand rehabilitation has gotten better with advanced science and research but the typical recovery is still about 7-10.

Adrian Peterson defied the odds this year.  Welker did it 3 years back.  I have faith that RGIII will be okay but I'm still worried about his future being that this is his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee in a matter of 3 years.

Shannahan better hope he doesn't see any court action, let alone disciplinary action from the league.  He outright lied about what a doctor supposedly told him which could have prevented the previous injury.  Not looking too good for Shanny down here in DC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Re: RG3 in surgery this am for torn LCL - and maybe more- does not look good for his 2013 season

My co-worker was describing the new surgery that is done on knees now a days in how they now can equally simulate true knee tissue/muscle flexing that shortens rehab time & healing.  As he mentioned & is more than apparent, that RGIII will have the best of the best surgons working with these new procedures on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Look, RGIII was medically cleared to play. That is out of Shanny's hands completely.

After watching RGIII struggle however, you would have thought that Shanny would have pulled him rather than watch him struggle to play. RGIII cost the Skins the game by not taking himself out of the game.

If I am the Skins, I am more embarrassed with that field...a professional football game should not be played on that field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And this is why they drafted Kirk Cousions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Look, RGIII was medically cleared to play. That is out of Shanny's hands completely.

After watching RGIII struggle however, you would have thought that Shanny would have pulled him rather than watch him struggle to play. RGIII cost the Skins the game by not taking himself out of the game.

If I am the Skins, I am more embarrassed with that field...a professional football game should not be played on that field.

In the Baltimore game where he was injured and sent back in to play, he was not medically cleared to play.  Shanny lied and said Andrews approved of RGIII to go back into the game when Andrews said no such thing.  He was caught red-handed lying to cover up. You should hear the media down here in DC right now.  They are livid.

As for the playoff game, yes, he was medically cleared to play but who is to say how much he made it worse entering back in the Baltimore game?  The fact that Shanny lied about what a doctor said is certainly cause for legality issues, as well as disciplinary issues from the League.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In the Baltimore game where he was injured and sent back in to play, he was not medically cleared to play.  Shanny lied and said Andrews approved of RGIII to go back into the game when Andrews said no such thing.  He was caught red-handed lying to cover up. You should hear the media down here in DC right now.  They are livid.

As for the playoff game, yes, he was medically cleared to play but who is to say how much he made it worse entering back in the Baltimore game?  The fact that Shanny lied about what a doctor said is certainly cause for legality issues, as well as disciplinary issues from the League.

who cares what the media is saying. I dont see RGIII, anyone from his camp, nor do I see Snyder complaining at all.

I dont see fault with playing him. I see fault in not pulling him because he was ineffective, and not helping the team...

Where is the outcry over the putrid field?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

who cares what the media is saying. I dont see RGIII, anyone from his camp, nor do I see Snyder complaining at all.

I dont see fault with playing him. I see fault in not pulling him because he was ineffective, and not helping the team...

Pete Carroll complained about the field. Don't know how exactly RGIII tore his ACL, but Chris Clemons pretty much tore his because of bad footing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

As for RGIII, I can't imagine him not being back by sometime preseason. Torn ACLs are dreaded, but the recovery time is not the same as it once was.

Going forward, RGIII will probably be a different player and the Skins offense will be different. Can't continue to expose your franchise player to more injury

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'm not talking about the playoff game.  I just said that I didn't have a problem with him playing because he was medically cleared.  What I am saying is that Shanny  made it worse by putting RGIII back in the game when he originally injured himself in the Baltimore game and the doctor didn't clear him.  Shanny lied and said "we put him back in after the blessings of Dr. Andrews," when Andrews NEVER even examined him.  That is what I am saying. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

if I was dan snyder the first thing I'd do after seeing that RG3 gets the proper care is tear up the natural grass field and put down turf....crazy not to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

on 2nd thought...who really cares here in New England?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

LCL tear is a more serious injury than ACL and a difficult and longer road to recovery. Though it sounds like RG3 could have/did reinjure his ACL too.

There were signifcant contradictions between the team doc and Shannanon on if RG3 had been examined and cleared to play after his injury several weeks ago. That should raise red flags in the powers that be (the other RG) in the NFL.  RG3  has a serious  injury that most likely could have been prevented had he been taken out of the last game when he went down due to his knee the first time.

Said many times- there is a lot of stupid to go around here. But I still think the buck stops with the 60 year old seasoned coach- Shanny- and not the 22 year old rookie. Yeah he made a lapse in judgement that could have cost him his career and certainly has diminshed it. Shanny risked the team's future and the kid's carreer with his lapse. And he does know better than to listen to a rookie with multi million dollar knees that are his star power in the game about assessing is he hurt or injured without medical assessment. Really?

As with the attention to concussion this has reprcussions throughout the NFL. It was reckless and could have been catastrophic for RG3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Will Goodall say or do anything about this situation?

Sections
Shortcuts