RGIII: I won't go into a shell and Bill Belichick it all week!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

RGIII: I won't go into a shell and Bill Belichick it all week!!

Is this the perception that most players in the NFL have about our coach? that he's not honest? I know is one thing to not give a lot of info on certain things (injuries) and not be dragged in to a circus (Tebow) but lying to the media?

Did I take this article out of context? If so I would gladly delete this post..

Your thoughts!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232569/article/rgiii-doesnt-plan-to-bill-belichick-it-with-media

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: RGIII: I won't go into a shell and Bill Belichick it all week!!

I think he was referring to not giving the media any information. Just my take.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Not sure where you get the "not honest" part? He's just saying Belichick doesn't give the press anything about injuries, which is true. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Everything's great till his knee goes again. Love how he has to announce he's on the same as his coach. Thats swell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

c'mon...BB fudges/lies/misrepresents injury reports all the time when he can get away with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think he was referring to not giving the media any information. Just my take.

Yeah, but it comes off like he's doing it in a condescening way.  He's putting down how BB protects the team by not divulging details, where RG3 says he won't "stoop that low" so to speak.

[/QUOTE]

Does it matter what RGIII thinks of BB? It isn't relevant what a 2nd year QB coming off knee surgery thinks of a first ballot HOF coach. 

Let him take his shots it really doesn't matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

This goes beyond BB though, it also applies to the players on the team, they all have the same approach as the coach. I was just wondering if others players think as RGIII does about BB, going into a shell and basically lie in order to not attract negative attention to his team.

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

This goes beyond BB though, it also applies to the players on the team, they all have the same approach as the coach. I was just wondering if others players think as RGIII does about BB, going into a shell and basically lie in order to not attract negative attention to his team.

it seems like everyone already thinks that...fans and media alike

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like RGlll's talent...I think he throws the ball better than any running quarterback I've ever seen. Honestly I wish he wouldn't run because its going to ruin his career - I'd be willing to bet that if he stays healthy he will have a better career than Luck, but I don't like the comments or the lack of humbleness he is displaying. This guy hasn't won a thing...keep your dumb mouth shut and play some damn football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He didn't say Belichick lies. He said, in effect, "do I lie or do I do what Belichick does..." which is just clam up and not say anything. If he had said "do I do what BB does and lie..." that would be a story. This is not. Unless you want to read more into it than his words indicate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I agree he doesn't need to mention Belichick, that's just odd to me. Shows that BB is in the head of guys who've never even played a game against his team! Like he's the Wizard of Oz or something. Bizarre really.

There's nobody else comparable in terms of stature. What other coach/GM/person do players talk about like that? Especially players who have no ties whatsoever to him, don't play against his team, probably never even met him except maybe at the combine or something, but nothing more than that.

But I do not agree that he said BB lies. Again, he said, effectively "do I lie about my situation, or do I do what Belichick would do and not say anything." That's not the same thing as saying BB lies. That's saying BB doesn't say anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

He should run less or slide more often.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

ultimate peteu. a little creole for the forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course. I keep telling people here who live in their little Brady bubbles in Boston or New England, that this media assualt on BB the last 5 years is very real.

RG3 is the media now dumbkoff?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Plain and simple... He is saying do you want him to stop being honest or give you the ho hum non answer like BB.

Anyone reading more into it then that, such as saying BB lies, is just a paranoid fan who is ultra defensive of the team thinking everyone is out to attack the Patriots.  Get over yourselves!

Oh, hello Rusty!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

On a scale of what's truly important, this rates slightly below what Kato Kaelin had for dinner tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Look at Rusty furiously defending BB for no reason.

Hey are those BB's Jockey shorts?

You are too defensive.  You are taking the quote wrong!

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I thought it was funny.

Sounded to me like he was just saying he will be happy to do his best wes welker imitation and flap his jaws and say whatever he wants and not worry about it. (OK almost Wes imitation as WW aparently flaps his jaws but then does worry about it... or something)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

My favorite Rusty shot:

http://mrniceguyfromhell.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/20130122-065313.jpg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't know Babe, that picture always creeps me out, lol!

Oh, btw.. check your messages pleas and get back to me asap. Thanks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Of course. I keep telling people here who live in their little Brady bubbles in Boston or New England, that this media assualt on BB the last 5 years is very real. They've perpetuated it for so long, now you see players referencing other coaches in interviews like that.

Can you imagine one of BB's players referencing another team's coach in a condescending manner like that?

I made a comment the other night about RG3, too. Very immature. Arrogant. In love with himself. Loves this attention. Loves it.

Kaepernick is similar.

Before the game the other night, he was prancing up and down the sideline acting up, laughing, slapping Shanahan on his shoulder, joking with him, etc.  Looked completely unprofessional.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

Here;s the deal:

Are you about the team and focused on winning, or do you want it to be about you? Guess what?  RG3 wants it to be about him.

Any player here, on this team, that wants it to be about him, is shuffled off. 

None of the "noise" as BB calls it, means jack squat in between the lines on gameday, but it can take away or hurt your own team itself.

What does Rg3 have to gain by making a snide comment even making it appear like Shanahan has no current control over RG3?

Just a week ago they had to hold a press conference announcing RG3 was not undermining Shanahan.

Think about that.  The moron Skins fans are so easily taken by Snyder's hype machine, still, they can't see what is going on.

Christ, Cousins looked as good as RG3 in that playoff game last year, but anyone wants to see is some savior athlete who impresses with athleticism and the SB is theirs! Won't work.

The Mike Vick knock offs won't work. We saw why last year in SF with Kaepernick. All it takes is one hit.

Arrogance and one hit.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I agree he doesn't need to mention Belichick, that's just odd to me. Shows that BB is in the head of guys who've never even played a game against his team! Like he's the Wizard of Oz or something. Bizarre really.

There's nobody else comparable in terms of stature. What other coach/GM/person do players talk about like that? Especially players who have no ties whatsoever to him, don't play against his team, probably never even met him except maybe at the combine or something, but nothing more than that.

But I do not agree that he said BB lies. Again, he said, effectively "do I lie about my situation, or do I do what Belichick would do and not say anything." That's not the same thing as saying BB lies. That's saying BB doesn't say anything.

Maybe it was a complement.  BB is a well known liar when it comes to the injury lists - that's a fact - part of him being a tactician. At times he does not "say anything", at times he lies. That's like saying that BB doesn't know that some of his players use/have used steroids. Other coaches do the same thing, so, no big deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I don't know Babe, that picture always creeps me out, lol!

Oh, btw.. check your messages pleas and get back to me asap. Thanks!

It is creepy, thus perfect for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

You people have WAY too much free time on your hands if you are putting this much effort into analyzing one sentence some jock made about talking to the media about his injury. It's summer. Go to the beach, or the lake, or to a ball game. Visit another city. Read a good book. Take a course and learn something new. 

Sections
Shortcuts