Richard Seymour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Richard Seymour

This was written in '10,

In a recent interview with csnne.com's Tom E. Curran Seymour quotes saying "There's probably about 31 teams I'd consider going to," Seymour said with a laugh, referring to the rest of the field in the 32-team National Football League. When asked if he would accept a call from the Pats if they approached him about coming back, he said, "That isn't something I'm looking to do at all."

link here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324658-richard-seymour-back-to-the-patriots-dont-count-on-it

So unless he's changed his mind in the last couple of years, I'm not sure we should expect to see old number 93 back with the Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Richard Seymour

all about the $$$'s

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

all about the $$$'s

I highly doubt BB will be the highest bidder for a 33 yr old DT/DE.

It's going to have to be one of those, "Come here and take a discount if you want an above average chance at winning a ring!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

BB won't even consider it........but Seymour will only go where he can get paid the most. Mute point though because I thought he was still under Raider contract. I problably am wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Big Sey is posturing for $$$. The question is how many teams will want Big Sey at 33 years old coming off of injuries. I would assume it is less than a handful, with the Pats being one of those teams. The Pats have outbid teams for Demps and Armstead, and they offer Sey a chance at another ring. I can't see him signing with a team that is looking at. 5-11 season at this stage of his career over relatively small $$$. I think he is singable, do the Pats want him? If the Pats think Vince, Lovie, Deaderick, Cunningham, Armstead are a solid rotation, I think they are not upgrading enough. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Big Sey is posturing for $$$. The question is how many teams will want Big Sey at 33 years old coming off of injuries. I would assume it is less than a handful, with the Pats being one of those teams. The Pats have outbid teams for Demps and Armstead, and they offer Sey a chance at another ring. I can't see him signing with a team that is looking at. 5-11 season at this stage of his career over relatively small $$$. I think he is singable, do the Pats want him? If the Pats think Vince, Lovie, Deaderick, Cunningham, Armstead are a solid rotation, I think they are not upgrading enough. 

The team that might sign him would be the Ravens who will be up against the cap with Flaco and now with Reed returning...if he'd take short money deal...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't believe how many people I've run into that think this guy is going to come back. First of all...he's old. Do we really want another Ellis type of signing? Secondly, the guy hates us now for the way we shipped him out of town...and I don't blame him.

Seymore always had a higher opinion of himself than was warranted, but he was a good player and we haven't replacd his talent. And it has hurt us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Clearly a case of a player who is more interested in "getting paid" than being on a winning team.  Pay me my money, win or lose, I'm happy, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Clearly a case of a player who is more interested in "getting paid" than being on a winning team.  Pay me my money, win or lose, I'm happy, right?

But now that he has his money his attitude could be quite different. He may want to play out his career chasing another ring rather than every last dollar. Pats can protect him physically playing him limited snaps every game, if he accepts the paycheck that goes with the snap count. I think if healthy and motivated, the guy can still play to a very high level. He and his family like the area, know the coaches and if he takes $2m to play here rather then $3m to play in Cleveland does he really care about that little money after all he has made so far?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

He's a 3 time SB winning champ, winning is probably the last thing on his mind since he's won so much. 

I'd love to have him line up with Vince though, but that's a pipe dream. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

gotta stay young and hungry on DL.  We won 3 SBs with Seymour when he was ... Young and hungry.

Old, rich, paid DL corrupt the team.  I'm going to start athread about the disconnect between "paid " players and everyone else...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

BB won't even consider it........but Seymour will only go where he can get paid the most. Mute point though because I thought he was still under Raider contract. I problably am wrong.

"Mute" point?

LOL

Oops ...moot...lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

no way.......... no interest on either side

Sections
Shortcuts