Richard Sherman is a thug

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Richard Sherman is a thug

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody see his post game rant. Dude is straight out of the hood. No class. Now I have to root for denver as I cannot stand Sherman and Seattle 

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. As much as I hate Gomer, Seattle is the biggest bunch of jack-asses in the NFL. What I dont understand is why Kaepernick threw to the endzone right at him when he had two time outs left and were at the 20 yard line. Those stupid fade passes, I HATE them. They almost never work, and get picked off as often as not. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok first off, I know the first thing that jumps into some of your small narrow minds when you see Richard Sherman mouthing off is that he represents the "Boys in the Hood" crowd.  But he doesn't.  That wasn't his childhood. 

Richard Sherman is extremely arrogant, and extremely talented, and he has a mouth to support and match both of those traits.  He talks the talk, but he can walk the walk.  He has the arrogance of a fighter pilot, and the boisterous mouth of a World Wide Wrestling Federation member.  But he's Hulk Hogan and the Red Baron rolled into one. 

So maybe you don't like him because you like your athletes with more humility, or because he's a Seahawk, or because of something else entirely.  But if you told me he was going to sign with the Pats I would absolutely jump for joy, and you'd be an absolute fool if you didn't as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Sherman is a blight on society. Rather lose the than have that scum be part of the team I root for. Would smile if he ended up face down in the gutter some night!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Sherman is a loud mouth,trash talking Black man,who is a poster boy for the damage Blacks in sports have perpetrated on polite American society without being held accountable because they are Black. I wish he and his kind nothing but the worst.

Sad little racist!!!!!!  Sounds like a black man slept with your woman!!!

[/QUOTE]

This is a racist comment, but my initial post was not meant to be racist. I just think his words and demeanor are unnecassary. If you saw Brady, Manning or Rusell Wilson for that manner talk that way what would people think? The guy graduate from Stanford? Just sounds like a loudmouth. He tried to talk crap to Brady last year too. I guess its his game, but I don't respect it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sherman is a loud mouth,trash talking Black man,who is a poster boy for the damage Blacks in sports have perpetrated on polite American society without being held accountable because they are Black. I wish he and his kind nothing but the worst.

[/QUOTE]

This is a racist comment, but my initial post was not meant to be racist. I just think his words and demeanor are unnecassary. If you saw Brady, Manning or Rusell Wilson for that manner talk that way what would people think? The guy graduate from Stanford? Just sounds like a loudmouth. He tried to talk crap to Brady last year too. I guess its his game, but I don't respect it

[/QUOTE]

SHERMAN and his ilk are a blight on society. Where are the PC crowd?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon TSW. Freedom of speech. That doesn't make him a blight on society.

Don't you defend his Constitutional right to be an idiot?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there is no reason to demean an opponent like that . This is a recent trend in sports that disturbs me because it influences society as a whole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Anybody see his post game rant. Dude is straight out of the hood. No class. Now I have to root for denver as I cannot stand Sherman and Seattle 

I feel the same way. As much as I hate Gomer, Seattle is the biggest bunch of jack-asses in the NFL. What I dont understand is why Kaepernick threw to the endzone right at him when he had two time outs left and were at the 20 yard line. Those stupid fade passes, I HATE them. They almost never work, and get picked off as often as not. 

[/QUOTE]

Sherman has no class. He calls Crabtree a mediocre receiver. I wish Brady had Crabtree to whom to throw. Kap is the reason for the loss. First interception was thrown as if he was tossing it to the Seattle receiver. But the dagger at the end was stupid with a first down & 2 time outs at the 18 yard line he tosses a Hail Mary...yup maybe on a last gasp 4th down. Crabtree is not at fault for not catching that...a toss a bit longer he might have and if not it would have gone out of bounds & not been intercepted and he's had more downs. Last year on the 5 yd line he tosses 4 passes that missed. Why did Kap not run once around end last year in the SB vs Ravens and this year at least once ???

Hate to do it but I'm going to root for Denver and I dislike the Rah Rah Pete Carroll too !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he's ill....if it wasn't for football he's likely locked up somewhere....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there is no reason to demean an opponent like that . This is a recent trend in sports that disturbs me because it influences society as a whole.

[/QUOTE]

bump

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

==================================

I feel that a team winning and celebrating should be joy and satisfaction enough without demeaning a losing opponent unless the opponents had trash talked before the game which, I don't believe, the classy 49ers had done. How about some some praise for the losers, great game, fought hard, next year etc. etc. small meaningless talk.

Regarding Sherman, remember the saying "what goes around, come around" and I was not even going to watch the SB disliking Denver & Seattle but with the lesser of 2 evils I am forced to root for Manning and they both can't lose (HA!).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sherman talks smack, but he backs it up. And he plays his position very intelligently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The Pats need to find a Richard Sherman and put that attitude on the field

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's only words.

It's much worse to me seeing people worship someone who assaulted a female and got away with it because daddy has money and influence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Sherman defends himself.  Link here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Sherman defends himself.  Link here.

And here......

Seahawks' Richard Sherman Gets Hounded by Media in This Perfectly Timed Ad Beats by Dre spot airs same day as post-win trash talk  ByDavid Griner

• January 20, 2014, 12:31 PM EST

This is the kind of timing that professional media planners dream of pulling off. On Sunday, the same day that Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman drew national attention for his post-game trash talk, Beats by Dre also released an ad in which Sherman is grilled by reporters for his "reputation as a thug."

As has since been pointed out by several commentators, most notably Deadspin founding editor Will Leitch, Sherman is likely one of the most intelligent and philanthropic young players in the NFL. But his 4.2 high school GPA, degree from Stanford and charity leadership are often overshadowed by his bombastic demeanor, such as on Sunday, when he called San Francisco 49er Michael Crabtree a "sorry receiver" and "mediocre."

Sherman's ad for Beats by Dre may not be as intense as the previous installment starring Kevin Garnett, but it does convey his frustration with the oversimplified sound bites that the sports media seem to want from him. And that same frustration is likely what boiled over Sunday night, when he decided to stop playing by the unwritten rules of post-game interviews. Or maybe he just felt like bragging.

Knowing that he's only going to become more of a focus for public debate in the lead-up to the Super Bowl, Sherman seems to be saying, "If I'm going to get a reputation, I might as well own my reputation."

Seems like a Stanford Grad with a degree in COMMUNICATIONS, who also graduated 2nd overall in High school  with a 4.2 GPA might be a little smarter than us all...........

And he don't care if you like him or not...Ask Skip Bayless!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

SHERMAN is trash... maybe he can get a gangsta rap following. What a Paul Brown or Lombardi would have done with the punk!!!!

To err is human, to forgive is not my policy......John Thomson!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Unacceptable behavior. But Carroll is a players coach, so as long as they win he let's them get away with the gangster mentality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

Wow, what a disturbing thread. One vieled racial epithet after another. I'd have more respect for some of you if you just called him "that word" and left it at that.

Richard Sherman is cocky and brash. He trash talks and insults his opponents to get into their heads. Larry Bird did the same thing, albeit with much less narcissistic attention to the TV cameras. What Sherman does rubs some the wrong way as poor sportsmanship, but you handle guys like that by beating them on the field. That's what shuts them up.

He also graduated second in his high school class and earned a degree at Stanford. If you listen to him being interviewed, you can tell that he's a bright guy -- just a bright guy who plays with emotion, and who likes to call attention upon himself. The fact that he has dark skin and long dreadlocks does not mean that he is in a "thug" or "out of the hood" or somehow representative of whatever you think is wrong with "black culture". Just express your displeasure with his conduct, and leave the "cleverly disguised" racial insults out of it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok first off, I know the first thing that jumps into some of your small narrow minds when you see Richard Sherman mouthing off is that he represents the "Boys in the Hood" crowd.  But he doesn't.  That wasn't his childhood. 

Richard Sherman is extremely arrogant, and extremely talented, and he has a mouth to support and match both of those traits.  He talks the talk, but he can walk the walk.  He has the arrogance of a fighter pilot, and the boisterous mouth of a World Wide Wrestling Federation member.  But he's Hulk Hogan and the Red Baron rolled into one. 

So maybe you don't like him because you like your athletes with more humility, or because he's a Seahawk, or because of something else entirely.  But if you told me he was going to sign with the Pats I would absolutely jump for joy, and you'd be an absolute fool if you didn't as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I pretty much say the same thing down thread. Some of the stuff I'm reading here is ignorant and embarrassing, and way off topic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

he got his Uppity on

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Sherman is a poster boy for steroid freaks everywhere.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vasolinecatbust. Show vasolinecatbust's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am still rooting for Seattle, but my god what a thug and a loser.   It's so bad for the NFL to accept that kind of behavior.

I would be mortified if he played for the Pats. To have to justify or defend that would be embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

Hate him a love him all at the same time...he's a DB of the worst kind, but as long as he kills off the Donkey's he's a great American...

Babe...you always write as if someone just dropped an acid leaking battery right on your sack...enjoy you ugly human being....I bet you're so caustic that if your toilet were clogged you could cut off the tip of your little finger and it would work better than Drano...keep flushing you old stool...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

So we wrap up another MLK day knowing that racism is alive and well in the hearts and minds of the overtly ignorant. God Bless America and the right to free speech.........for even a racist fool may one day have something of worth to say....although highly doubtful....

Take care of yourselves and each other...............

JERRY JERRY JERRY !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Its almost a shame BB has never drafted a DB as good as him.