Richardson puts on show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhodyATL. Show RhodyATL's posts

Richardson puts on show

There was lots of Talk about Pats moving up in draft to grab Alabama RB Richardson, but after Pro Day workout no chance that Cleveland will pass on him. To bad he would make Pats SB Champs mullti times. How else can we get for RB?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Richardson puts on show

He just had a knee scope done in january and has been recovering from that. Different sources have him running a wide range of forty time's so those two factors might bring down his draft stock. NFL networks Bucky Brooks had his forty time in the 4.45-4.49 range. Sportscenter said he ran a 4.4 and Espn 3 had his two runs timed at 4.58 and 4.58. Another report was put out that Richardson failed to run an elite 40 time. But he did do 25 reps of 225 which is pretty impressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Trade for MJ Drew (1st rd pick), Jonathan Stewart (2nd rd pick) or Matt Forte (1st rd pick or Welker).

Forget trading up into the top 5 for a sexy position pick when the rookie cap know has significant value to franchises.  Way too pricey.

The Skins got more of anal raping than usual for the RGIII deal because of bad management and no leverage, but also due to the rookie cap.  1st rd picks hold more value, especially top 10 picks now.  Far more.  If the top 10 picks before the lockout were gold, these are gold and access to Rachel Leigh Cook's underpants.

Love Richardson, but no.  Get a key vet with experience who can be a lead back and then develop Ridley and Vereen behind that player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I haven't really heard of any talk of moving up to get him, but the kid is a hell of a back. I certainly would never trade up to acquire a running back - I still have memories of Kijana Carter ripping up his knee on his first cut in training camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Why does everyone think Pat's draft - or are considering going after a RB?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show:
    Why does everyone think Pat's draft - or are considering going after a RB?
    Posted by Getzo

I dont, the pats never will draft a RB in the first round. They had mark ingram sitting in there lap last year and they gave em to the saints.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show : I dont, the pats never will draft a RB in the first round. They had mark ingram sitting in there lap last year and they gave em to the saints.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

Not to mention they used a 2nd roiund pick, 3rd round pick, and signed like 3 fullbacks to go a long with Danny Woodhead.... I think they're good at RB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show : Not to mention they used a 2nd roiund pick, 3rd round pick, and signed like 3 fullbacks to go a long with Danny Woodhead.... I think they're good at RB. 
    Posted by Getzo

That too. Lol    Although i wouldnt mind if for the right price they were able to acquire a steven jackson or jonathan stewart. I have zero faith in vereen and little to no faith in ridley ( because of his fumble problems) to be the feature backs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show : I dont, the pats never will draft a RB in the first round. They had mark ingram sitting in there lap last year and they gave em to the saints.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

Wrong.....Maroney was drafted at 21 in 2006

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show : Wrong.....Maroney was drafted at 21 in 2006
    Posted by Rocky

Im referring to the fact that BB learned his lesson with drafting RB's in the first round. And hasnt drafted a running back in the first round since.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Do any of you guys at the top of the list follow the pats and Belichick? He is not going after any rbs. He invested a 2nd and 3rd round pick in rbs last year. We are going with Ridley and Vereeni and will likely add a cheap veteran to the mix. They said Richardson lacked elite speed, forget to report on that? He had the chance to grap the other Alabama rb last year and passed, what makes you think he is going to waste draft picks to get Richardson. He is likely to fall towards the end of the first round anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I can't think of a position on offense that warrants less $$ for one player than RB (ok fullback), there is almost zero correlation between a stud running back and overall team performance, why on earth would the Pats trade for Forte and then pay him the boatload he wants?  If people want the Pats to run more, that's fine and I think that's a perfectly reasonable argument, but the problem there is one of commitment, not talent.  Running backs are a dime a dozen, they can be found and replaced with relative ease. Oh and they wear out in a flash with the pounding they take, outside of the truly special guys like Peterson and Steven Jackson.  Look at the top 5 rushing teams last season, the Texans were the only team who could seriously be considered a real threat.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Richardson puts on show:
    There was lots of Talk about Pats moving up in draft to grab Alabama RB Richardson, but after Pro Day workout no chance that Cleveland will pass on him. To bad he would make Pats SB Champs mullti times. How else can we get for RB?
    Posted by RhodyATL

Just another running back out of Escambia High Scool, Pensacola, FL. (see:Emmitt Smith 1987) Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Do any of you guys at the top of the list follow the pats and Belichick? He is not going after any rbs. He invested a 2nd and 3rd round pick in rbs last year. We are going with Ridley and Vereeni and will likely add a cheap veteran to the mix. They said Richardson lacked elite speed, forget to report on that? He had the chance to grap the other Alabama rb last year and passed, what makes you think he is going to waste draft picks to get Richardson. He is likely to fall towards the end of the first round anyway.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

Yes, we do...  I mean, IF you told me that Belichick wasn't going to draft a Runningback because he hadn't spent even 1 single draft pick on a RB for 10 staright years, and IF (theoretically) we only had Danny Woodhead on the roster as the lone Runningback...I'd say, "You're right...we have 160 Defensive Tackles, so that's where the smart draft money is headed this year..."

But seeing as though Belichick spent a 2nd Rder on Vareen and a 3rd rder on Ridley Last Draft...It's highly possible that 5 outta his 1st picks before the end of Rd #4, just might be for Runningbacks alone...  Clearly, deciphering the next move of the hooded one will forever be an impossiblity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I am so glad that some of the contributers on this forum are not GM of the Patriots.  Every time someone has a good workout or gets cut from another team, they are destined for the Patriots.   BB has a plan.  I do not want to see him trading up to get a running back or trading for a current running back.  It is time to get young on the DL and OLB.  He signed two full backs.  He drafted two RB last year.  He built the offense through FA and last years draft.  Now is the year to get that stud DL or OLB that puts the Patriots over the top.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Trade for MJ Drew (1st rd pick), Jonathan Stewart (2nd rd pick) or Matt Forte (1st rd pick or Welker). Forget trading up into the top 5 for a sexy position pick when the rookie cap know has significant value to franchises.  Way too pricey. The Skins got more of anal raping than usual for the RGIII deal because of bad management and no leverage, but also due to the rookie cap.  1st rd picks hold more value, especially top 10 picks now.  Far more.  If the top 10 picks before the lockout were gold, these are gold and access to Rachel Leigh Cook's underpants. Love Richardson, but no.  Get a key vet with experience who can be a lead back and then develop Ridley and Vereen behind that player. 
    Posted by BassFishing

Spot on re. the Redskins. It's amazing that Redskins fans think RG will be the savior for a once storied franchise. Andre Ware Univ. of Houston won the Heisman in 1989, put up huge numbers in college. He was a complete bust, played for 3 or 4 NFL teams, went to the CFL and bombed and ended his career in Germany in the WFL. As long as Dan Snyder owns the Redskins they're destined for mediocrity at best. Pats have the best owner, HC and QB in the NFL. Pats don't get respect due  to jealousy by other teams, their fans  and a biased media.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by Brady2Moss07

I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that we spent a second and a third on running backs, Bill doesn't care. A guy like Richardson won't be there when we select anyways, but I'll tell yeah if this guy was on our team last year....we win that Super Bowl.

This guy is low, powerful and quick. He moves with balance and vision - in my opinion he's one of the best backs that has come out since Adrian Peterson, but do to the nature of the position it carries a great deal of risk of injury. One injury to their legs and it can render their season (or career) useless. I think if we were going to trade up in the draft we wouldn't be targeting a running back, but man this kid is a good player.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to "Re: Richardson puts on show":
    In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show : I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that we spent a second and a third on running backs, Bill doesn't care. A guy like Richardson won't be there when we select anyways, but I'll tell yeah if this guy was on our team last year....we win that Super Bowl. This guy is low, powerful and quick. He moves with balance and vision - in my opinion he's one of the best backs that has come out since Adrian Peterson, but do to the nature of the position it carries a great deal of risk of injury. One injury to their legs and it can render their season (or career) useless. I think if we were going to trade up in the draft we wouldn't be targeting a running back, but man this kid is a good player.   Posted by mthurl
    Rbs are rarely taken high in the draft as of recent, bet he lasts to late second round, especially coming of a injury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Richardson puts on show : Spot on re. the Redskins. It's amazing that Redskins fans think RG will be the savior for a once storied franchise. Andre Ware Univ. of Houston won the Heisman in 1989, put up huge numbers in college. He was a complete bust, played for 3 or 4 NFL teams, went to the CFL and bombed and ended his career in Germany in the WFL. As long as Dan Snyder owns the Redskins they're destined for mediocrity at best. Pats have the best owner, HC and QB in the NFL. Pats don't get respect due  to jealousy by other teams, their fans  and a biased media.
    Posted by chiefret

Absolutely.  The anti-BB media tries to shape the public perception on the Pats. Just go read the GM threads on this board. Apparently, Bill Parcells, everyone's favorite egomaniac is a GREAT GM. lmao

Next, I feel RGIII has a better chance than Ware.  He can use his legs more to bide himself some time to improve as a passer, but I agree the Skins will likely mess that up.  That trade will probably be as bad as the one where NOs dealt the picks for Ricky Williams, at least for cap era trades. Big mistake to deal that many picks in this era, which in turn destroys future drafts and their leverage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhodyATL. Show RhodyATL's posts

Listen the backs we got are terrible when you need a #1 ball carrier. I would trade all to get one back worth a spit. We can not count on Brady carrying this team anymore. He is gteat but a one dimensional offense will not work. I like the idea someone mentioned of MJD from Jacksonville. Richardson is the real deal, if he fell and we didn't take him I would lose all faith in BB. Got to ave better options than we got now.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Vereen and Ridley are terrible?  Based on what, exactly?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I can't think of a position on offense that warrants less $$ for one player than RB (ok fullback), there is almost zero correlation between a stud running back and overall team performance, why on earth would the Pats trade for Forte and then pay him the boatload he wants?  If people want the Pats to run more, that's fine and I think that's a perfectly reasonable argument, but the problem there is one of commitment, not talent.  Running backs are a dime a dozen, they can be found and replaced with relative ease. Oh and they wear out in a flash with the pounding they take, outside of the truly special guys like Peterson and Steven Jackson.  Look at the top 5 rushing teams last season, the Texans were the only team who could seriously be considered a real threat.  
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Sorry but I cannot agree regarding no correlation to having a good RB. I will grant you that you do not need to have one of the top 2-5 RBs but having a very good one does in fact make a difference, especially depending on your offensive philosophy.

Look at the Ravens. Ray Rice is one of the better RBs n the league and he makes that O go as far as it can.

Look at our O when we had Corey Dillon. BB knows how to use a superior RB. Jackson would be wonderful to have. So would Vereen if he can live up to his college film.

Having a dangerous RB makes BRADY more effective. The D cannot easily dare you to run run run and expect not to pay for it. And with our good Oline and TEs a superior RB would make a D pay. It also opens the middle of the field a little because the D cannot just step back and clog the middle... again daring you to run.

But I agree you don't need The Best RB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"Having a dangerous RB makes BRADY more effective. The D cannot easily dare you to run run run and expect not to pay for it. And with our good Oline and TEs a superior RB would make a D pay. It also opens the middle of the field a little because the D cannot just step back and clog the middle... again daring you to run."

Amen Port!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Richardson puts on show:
    Posted by RhodyATL

Yes, we need an improved running game - but a RB that would "make Pats SB Champs" mulit-times? I don't think that a franchise RB guarantees anything - Barry Sanders/Lions are a great example of that.

The Patriots would best improve their chances by improving their running game AND improving their pass rush and ability to cover defensively.

Sections
Shortcuts