Rick Gosselin Says Belichick the "Best in the Business"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rick Gosselin Says Belichick the "Best in the Business"

While many Patriot haters and media naysayers have criticized the Pats for not getting enough value back in the Matt Cassel trade, respected NFL columnist Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News has quite a different opinion. In the cited article, Gosselin credits BB for using the Cassel trade as the springboard for a great 2009 off-season. Calling Belichick the "best in the business", he credits Bill for making the Patriots' roster the best in the NFL as of April 1st. Gosselin adds that, having 6 of the top 97 picks in the upcoming draft will likely ensure that the Pats' strong roster will be even better on May 1st: http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/
    040809dnspoinsidethenfl.ab3bb2f3.html

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Rick Gosselin Says Belichick the "Best in the Business"

How long before we get the usual "cheater" trolls here to denounce the opinion of an out of town columnist, from of all places, the home of the "supposed" America's team, the Dallas Cowboys.

BB knows what he is doing and having high paid stars everywhere is not the Pats way.  Sprinkle in some grizzled vets to teach and support the young ones and we are fortunate to have had a team that have been in the hunt year in and year out since 2000.  Of course, fans are fans and they scream for big moves and big names.  Something the Pats have rarely done.  BB will not change his tune now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

agcsbill,  thanks to the new board I don't get any of the troll chatter anymore.  It's freak'en beautiful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Gosselin's columns are always interesting and well-informed. I grew up in MA and have lived in TX the past ten or so years. Terrific football comlumnist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

-agcsbill

If you go below the article in the DMN there are responses to the article.  Gosselin takes it on the chin by the Cowgirl fans, not to mention the Belicheat stuff.  Cowboy fans are such turds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Do we really need some hack to reinforce what we already know about Belichick?

Bill is right. Let the "have-nots" whine. This guy Gosselin, whomever he might be, may as well tell me that water is wet and that beauty is only skin deep (whatever that means). There is a reason the choir stands behind the preacher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Do we really need some hack to reinforce what we already know about Belichick? Bill is right. Let the "have-nots" whine. This guy Gosselin, whomever he might be, may as well tell me that water is wet and that beauty is only skin deep (whatever that means). There is a reason the choir stands behind the preacher.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Mike:

Gosselin is no hack. He is one of the most respected football columnists in the nation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Tex,

I'm g
    onna take your word for that.

"Hack" is a generic term I use to identify sports "opinionaters" of all stripes.

I would ask you this:

Respected by whom?

Other hacks?

If I were information-starved enough to believe anything that came out of Texas, I might read this guy, and then again maybe I wouldn't. But that's not really the point. Pick any recognizable sports fount -- Jay Glazer, Sean Salisbury,  Mr. Peepers, Tom Curran, Mike Reiss, Jillian Whateverhernameis . . .

Okay . . .  let's not get silly.

But "well-respected" is a matter of degree.

I'm well-respected, and I'll bet you are, too -- so long as you ask the right people.

Everything is bigger and better in Texas . . .

. . .  especially the bullsh*t.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well the best line in this post is the fact that we as Patriot fans already knew that BB is incomparable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

[QUOTE]Do we really need some hack to reinforce what we already know about Belichick? Bill is right. Let the "have-nots" whine. This guy Gosselin, whomever he might be, may as well tell me that water is wet and that beauty is only skin deep (whatever that means). There is a reason the choir stands behind the preacher.

Wow, vent much?  Something else in your life not quite right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] If I were information-starved enough to believe anything that came out of Texas, I might read this guy, and then again maybe I wouldn't. . . But "well-respected" is a matter of degree. I'm well-respected, and I'll bet you are, too -- so long as you ask the right people. Everything is bigger and better in Texas . . . . . .  especially the bullsh*t.

Oh really??!! At least in Texas we don't elect professional wrestlers to govern our great state...or Saturday Night Live flunkies to serve as one of our senators. How are things in Minnesota??

LOL!!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Gosselin is an excellent writer. One of the few I respect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

well, mike. Reiss mentioned two people he goes to for football. Gosselin was one of them. That's enough for me to give him credibility, as well as every article of his I've read.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tex doesnt everyone in Texas pack heat? and dont you have the highest exacution rate of all the 50 states in the USA? Didnt the moron that ran this country into the ground brag about what a good Texan he was for 8 years while he ruined this great nation? I would go bashing teh Al Franklins of teh world when George W. Bush was from Texas and he was the worst US president in the history of the country.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Tex doesnt everyone in Texas pack heat? and dont you have the highest exacution rate of all the 50 states in the USA? Didnt the moron that ran this country into the ground brag about what a good Texan he was for 8 years while he ruined this great nation? I would go bashing teh Al Franklins of teh world when George W. Bush was from Texas and he was the worst US president in the history of the country.
    Posted by MVPkilla

MVPkilla,

Perhaps we should stick to sports on this page. Most of us can enjoy a good pats draft debate or jump on a troll now and then. Politics are on another page. But if you care for my thoughts, I thought many things Bush did or tried to do was pretty good.

Also, do you spell the as teh on purpose? I could care less about spelling on this site, I just notice it in your posts all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]MVPkilla, Perhaps we should stick to sports on this page. Most of us can enjoy a good pats draft debate or jump on a troll now and then. Politics are on another page. But if you care for my thoughts, I thought many things Bush did or tried to do was pretty good. Also, do you spell the as teh on purpose? I could care less about spelling on this site, I just notice it in your posts all the time.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

Yes, he did some good things.  He also murdered thousands of Iraqis.  But he did some good things.

Sections
Shortcuts