1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ricky Foley thoughts?

Rickey Foley DE 6'2" 245lbs

British Columbia CFL - 12 Sacks last year

Patriots had him in for a workout.

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Re: Ricky Foley thoughts?

Have to see him play in an nfl game and get a chance.. Looks like good size and 12 sacks is pretty good. Def. can't hurt burgess,green,thomas did absolutely nothing.  TBC was pretty legit though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I only know what has been written about him visiting the Jets Tuesday,The Rams today and supposedly visiting the Patriots on Thursday,as for the stats 12 sacks and 51 tackles are OK stats but not out of this worldly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That is pretty small for an NFL DE. Can the kid cover, does he have speed/quickness?...what about using him as OLB?....is this a possibility?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

He's also visiting the Jets, Rams and possibly others...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

he is a flat out pass rusher apparently.... i like the idea of signing him

creative way to help with the pass rush

Cameron Wake was impressive for the Dolphins so hopefully Foley comes here and does the same

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Ricky Foley thoughts?? I rather read about Mick Foley's thoughts...LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Watch his highlight video on youtube. He has great pursuit as well as pass rushing and run stopping abilities as well. How it will be on the pro level who knows? But its worth kicking the tires tho. Here is the link    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

He has got bananas in his tailpipe!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Why not?  We need depth at the position and this kid wouldn't be too expensive.  We certainly don't want the dolphins to look better at OLB if he pans out to be the real deal.

I say he comes it, give him a chance this summer and see how it works out.  With so many questions I think we need to stock pile players and let them play for a roster spot.  At the very minimum this guy sounds like it would be a solid special teams guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I saw him listed at 6'3, not 6' flat, which would make him much closer to ideal 3-4 outside linebacker size.  There have been gems found in the CFL before, so I say why not?  Let's give him a shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Thanks pyegian... at the the official Lions web-sight he is listed at 6'2".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Seems like a low risk/high reward type guy to me.  I wonder where they're projecting him as he appears to be atleast 10 pounds lighter than they prefer for their 3-4 OLBs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is depth (special teams) roster move. Anyone that thinks this player will get 12 sacks against top-notch NFL competition is deluded. MBEAU is right though. Low risk high reward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I say go for it. Worst case scenario he is a low cost special teamer. Best case scenario he can be a situational pass rusher. Pats are going to get rid of A.Thomas and Burgess' contract is up. I remember a few years back we would have guys competing for a spot and that would bring the best out of them. I say sign Foley and let him compete with Ninkovich and S.Crable for 2 roster spots. They also need to re-sign TBC because he is a heck of a player for us. Draft 2 OLB/DE dudes and we will be improved in the passrush department.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It's worth a try. It's not like the Patriots would be putting all their eggs in one basket with him or something. Might as well see what he's got in training camp and if they have to cut him there's no big loss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

why not? worst case he doesn't pan out, you cut him.  The Pats bring 80 players to camp a year, and he could help out even if it is just on ST.  Best case, you have a pass rusher.

Sections
Shortcuts