Ricky Sapp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Ricky Sapp

Negatory. Over-rated coming out of Clemson (?). Now we know for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

no thanks knee and never a proven player ill pass

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

I remember that one "analyst" for nfl.com had this guy going to the Pats in the first round of last year's draft. It was the first mock draft of the season but still. Obviously most teams knew that he wasn't all that great if he "slipped" to the fifth round. I'll pass and not take a flyer on this one. Injured and doesn't know the defense. Not interested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought his guy was pretty terrible as an outside linebacker and couldn't believe the pats were interested in him (as reported) before the draft. This was a kid that just looked like a stick running around clueless out there. I mean he looked like he'd have a hard time holding up an ice cream cone, never mind an nfl edge in a running game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

i wouldnt mind you guys should all shut up every pats draft guy including me wanted him. were just all geniouses after he fails draft hinsights is 20/10

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Shoot I wanted him...  From every bit of gathered info available at the time he was a 2010 Draft Prospect, It was st#pid to NOT want NE to take a smart value pick gamble on Ricky Sapp, the way The Eagles did in Rd 5...  And it was an extremely deep draft year, and his only red flag was a ligament knee tear, he suffered a full 1 year prior to The Draft.  I remember zero poignant charatcter flags, Sapp was straight-forward honest that he was less than 100% his final draft college year, b/cd he wanted to get back in the fold so bad, The guy had great measurables, and RE: His IM-measurables...the fact that sometimes he appeared more an athlete than a football player...sheez, I hear folks on here discussing giving a shot to Taylor Mays, and Sapp isn't even, nor was he ever regarded, As bein' in the same LEAGUE of overall on-field Football IQ total id!ocy, the way Taylor Mays was described (by everyone btw).  Sapp even played that standing up DE bandit roving position at Clemson, so good grief: 1 5th Rd flyer on HIM, regardless of the knee issues?!?!  

I'm sure BB strongly thought of it, with Sapp still on the Big Board in the 5th...unless (and there were no reports), BB was privy to some worst-case true scope RE: Sapp's knee tear (of which we draft nuts, never even heard about)...and this is certainly a possibility.  

STILL, knee or NO knee...what concerns me far more than Sapp's straight-line skill-set, or just the small potential of him not being a Wonderlic Ace...Or yes, even his knee issues...  What makes me wanna stear far clear of him, is that in both the 2010 and 2011 Eagles training camp portions of the season now, Ricky Sapp left the Camp, without telling anyone, why or where, or even asking if he could leave...then, just as suddenly a day or two later, he shows back up like nothing happened...?  I'll pass on the new found facets of this current type of shadiness, 100%...always.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Ricky Sapp:
    i wouldnt mind you guys should all shut up every pats draft guy including me wanted him. were just all geniouses after he fails draft hinsights is 20/10
    Posted by Bspikes55

every draft guy wanted him? Go back and look...I thought he was a stick then and obviously worse now...I thought Kindle from Texas wasn't far behind either. Come to think of it I didn't like Spikes and I thought Cunningham was the worse of them all (Spikes didn't have speed and I thought he would get embarrassed in the nfl) and Cunningham looked small and just speed rushed right ahead missing the play. Am I wrong on both? Probably. Am I wrong on Kindle? Who knows, but at least I got Sapp right. I thought Brandon Graham was head and shoulders above all these outside guys (so far wrong there too). I also thought Ryan Mathews was a can't miss running back and then he doesn't work on his legs in the offseason and fails his conditioning test. So really what I'm trying to say is...all of us draft idiots do about as good a job as the average scouting department:) It's a total crap shoot.

So really

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Ricky Sapp : every draft guy wanted him? Go back and look...I thought he was a stick then and obviously worse now...I thought Kindle from Texas wasn't far behind either. Come to think of it I didn't like Spikes and I thought Cunningham was the worse of them all (Spikes didn't have speed and I thought he would get embarrassed in the nfl) and Cunningham looked small and just speed rushed right ahead missing the play. Am I wrong on both? Probably. Am I wrong on Kindle? Who knows, but at least I got Sapp right. I thought Brandon Graham was head and shoulders above all these outside guys (so far wrong there too). I also thought Ryan Mathews was a can't miss running back and then he doesn't work on his legs in the offseason and fails his conditioning test. So really what I'm trying to say is...all of us draft idiots do about as good a job as the average scouting department:) It's a total crap shoot. So really
    Posted by mthurl

So in otherwords mthurl, what you're saying is- "Upon my personal tireless Scouting of the 2010 Draft, I only liked the prospects who were 1st Round certainties, the #1 ranked runningback & the #1 ranked DE/NFL OLB, overall the guys who ended up being selected in the first 20 overall selections...and incidentally I happened to be wrong on one of these 2 Top 20 picks...".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Ricky Sapp:
    Ricky Sapp was released by the Eagles yesterday. Maybe we should take a flyer on him. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/eagles-cut-ricky-sapp/
    Posted by APpats21

No! The Eagles cut this injury prone diva after he walked out of camp for the second time in two years:
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011/8/4/2344810/ricky-sapp-denies-quitting-eagles

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Ricky Sapp : So in otherwords mthurl, what you're saying is- "Upon my personal tireless Scouting of the 2010 Draft, I only liked the prospects who were 1st Round certainties, the #1 ranked runningback & the #1 ranked DE/NFL OLB, overall the guys who ended up being selected in the first 20 overall selections...and incidentally I happened to be wrong on one of these 2 Top 20 picks...".
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz, stop strangling that pussycat or Jets Goodell is going to send Mike Vick to your house for sensitivity training, LOL!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Ricky Sapp : So in otherwords mthurl, what you're saying is- "Upon my personal tireless Scouting of the 2010 Draft, I only liked the prospects who were 1st Round certainties, the #1 ranked runningback & the #1 ranked DE/NFL OLB, overall the guys who ended up being selected in the first 20 overall selections...and incidentally I happened to be wrong on one of these 2 Top 20 picks...".
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Uhm yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying. I wasn't able to get into my private jet and go work out the 5th round guys...you know; short shuttle them - cone drill and such. And the seven or eight unemployed recent college grads that I had watching film of the 900 or so eligible players in my basement, decided to head to Sonic for their roller skating position (don't know which got it), but none of them returned:(      

So I was left with youtube and a 7.95 draft publication...same as the Bengals use.

Sections
Shortcuts