riddle me this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blunrednckst. Show blunrednckst's posts

riddle me this

when the the gronk's touchdown was reviewed and penalty was called on jets for pass interference the video review discovered gronk out of bounds for illegal touching and although not called in live action but discovered when under review the penalty was called>>>>>>meanwhile 2 weeks ago pinapple lou batts the ball illegally out of the end zone resulting in a safety, the play is reviewed. clearly the replay shows pinnapple lou batting the ball and no penalty is called after the review?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: riddle me this

In Response to riddle me this:
    The penalty flag was picked up because Brady went outside the pocket which nullified the penalty.  Once the QB is outside the pocket, defensive backs are allowed to block receivers, thus no penalty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blunrednckst. Show blunrednckst's posts

In Response to Re: riddle me this:
    [QUOTE]Because going out of bounds is part of the catch?
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

play was under review to see if he caught the ball

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No riddle. The zebras dropped the ball by not flagging Polamalu. They should have when it happened and they should have when they saw the review. It nullifies all the action after it, so it should have been called. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blunrednckst. Show blunrednckst's posts

In Response to Re: riddle me this:
    [QUOTE]In Response to riddle me this : The penalty flag was picked up because Brady went outside the pocket which nullified the penalty.  Once the QB is outside the pocket, defensive backs are allowed to block receivers, thus no penalty.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

doesnt matter  my point is they called a penalty on gronk after discovering it on review, not the case in the pitt game

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I thought the reason they didn't call the Polamalu penalty was because they can't call penalties after the fact. So they can't review something and say, oh we missed that on the field, that's a flag.

I'm not so much opposed to the call. I just didn't like that they actually reviewed. To me, on scoring reviews, you should just be looking at possession, in-bounds, and cross-the-line type of calls, so basically just the act of scoring, not what happens before it. 

So in this case, if they wanted to initiate a review, they should just look at did Gronk have possession, did he land in-bounds, etc. They should not look at Gronk stepping out of bounds, which is a penalty (illegal touching) because in Polamalu's case, batting the ball was a penalty and the refs just looked at the scoring aspect of it.

All in all, I'm not a big fan of the new review rule, or I should say I'm not a fan of the implementation of the rule.

11. This post has been removed.