RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!

I have to say that I agree with most of your points but your taking the Brady bashing too far in every thread.  Your becoming as "irrational" as you say your opposition is.  Both sides are too polarized in their view points and the answer is in the middle here.  Anyone else agree that the reading of this board is getting a little annoying over this moot fight

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!

i agree but you just brought it up again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!:
    i agree but you just brought it up again
    Posted by patthepatriot666

I know, I guess I really wanedt to see if anyone is feeling the same. Probably should have not brought it up and went back to just reading the board.  This fight is getting old and both sides are getting soo katty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Agreed, this silly argument has taken over every thread. Points have been made I'd rather talk about one of the millions of good things there are to talk about after they beat the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Very,very Annoying. Enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!:
    I have to say that I agree with most of your points but your taking the Brady bashing too far in every thread.  Your becoming as "irrational" as you say your opposition is.  Both sides are too polarized in their view points and the answer is in the middle here.  Anyone else agree that the reading of this board is getting a little annoying over this moot fight
    Posted by csylvia79

Agree, strongly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!:
    Posted by csylvia79

He does expect a level of performance with little leeway for error.  When reading his protestations, I see a fan who wants both sides of the ball to play a perfect game every game at the same time.  A great game to him is a Pats win with the score 72 - 0 every time. Otherwise, the team did not play well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

There's a simple solution ... he can GTFO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I wouldn't even necessarily say he's bashing Brady.  He clearly loves that we have the guy.  He's just pointing out the uncharacteristic mistakes Brady has made this season which isn't typical of #12.  Plus, like all of us, seems to really despise and bash Bill O'Brien moreso than Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He called Brady and Mankins the "millionaire boys"  or something like that, the gist of which was implying that they are stealing from the team, or entitled, or something.  He has tipped over into bashing, for sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I broke outta early yesterday because I saw it was gonna be more of the same and didnt want to ruin my good mood.

I dont mind that they have opinions and ultimately I can choose not to read the threads. I just dont like being attacked and called names by someone who cant come to grips that their opinion isnt fact.

I thought about it and I will say we are probably too hard on Rusty. I have come to the conclusion he is not a grown man in his 30's. There is just no way.

He is in his teens or something as he is just too persistent and IMO childish with the back and forth and I told you so, name calling from elemantary school.

HE picks up on everything he wants and incorporates it into his agenda. If you say something smart and people agree and he does to, he will take notes and next thing you know he is using your words.  I should start copyrighting my stuff..lol

I dont claim to be a genius, but I do know football and if someone doesnt agree with me, fine, Move on.  Everyone should use ignore accordingly like someone else brought up and we could enjoy the board. Too many people conversing that have no business engaging each other as they already know they dont agree on anything.  Dis-agreeables, I call them

The thing about Rusty is he does know a few things and has some decent knowledge of the game, but no insight.  He can rattle off stats and tell you about a game 10 years ago like it was yesterday, but he cant break down what he sees on the field.  He uses others peoples analysis and then accuses it on other people because he knows the tactics he uses. Rusty will never admit when he made a mistake, or when he was wrong about something, and he aims to engage you in a non stop battle of wits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Let them be! It won't stop anyway but the following may be appropriate, for your thread. A bit Humorous when you think about it. I suggest a quip From the Bard himself.

My lords, at once: the care you have of us,
    To mow down thorns that would annoy our foot,
    Is worthy praise: but, shall I speak my conscience,
    Our kinsman Gloucester is as innocent
    From meaning treason to our royal person

Henry VI, Part II
    Act III, Scene I

Peace be unto you all ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

There's no point in bashing Brady. He got his mojo back in the second half against the Jets. He made some excellent calls at the line and delivered the ball without turning it over. The old Brady has resurfaced hopefully for the rest of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I watched Brady at the beginning, and in the middle, and at the now.  He seems the same all the time.  There are periods where he misfires, games he just doesn't play too well, and times when he is gun-shy.  Offensive schemes have changed, rules have changed DRASTICALLY, and other teams have learned what works and does not work against him.  This is the ebb and flow of the NFL.  He had a few down games.  He is adjusting to the latest gambit.  It took some time.  That is about it, I think.  The two most ridiculous things I have heard for the last 6 or 8 years are "Tom Brady is the greatest QB to play the game" and "Bill Belichick is a genius".  Neither guy would agree with the statements, but both are held to the standard.  Brady would tell you he is good, even great, but is constantly striving to improve and is made better by great teammates and coaching.  Bill Belichick will tell you he is a great coach, but fallible and all he tries to do is make the best decisions he can, and corrects mistakes where he can.  We elevated these guys to GOD status, and get mad when they don't perform at that level.  They are not GODS, and don't claim to be.  Sorry for being so windy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why can't we say Brady is playing badly? Why can't we hold him accountable? I swear, you guys are turning into Colts fans. It's never Peyton's fault to them, it's never Brady's fault to you guys now. -_-

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

What I personally find tiring is that RidingWith The King never stops posting. More often than not he has three or four posts one after the other. I suggest that he keeps in mind that other people can find this overbearing. Otherwise, he does have some good football knowledge and an occasional fresh point of view, but not nearly as often as he seems desperately to need to brace his frail ego. My advice....Pick your battles and use your analytical mind together with an empathetic effort towards your audience. You will be more widely appreciated....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!:
    Why can't we say Brady is playing badly? Why can't we hold him accountable? I swear, you guys are turning into Colts fans. It's never Peyton's fault to them, it's never Brady's fault to you guys now. -_-
    Posted by 49Patriots

It's more than that.  Read the title of the post, then go read Rusty's posts involving Brady for the last month.  There is an increasing tone of anger, scorn, and derision against him that is not "saying when Brady is playing badly".  He has devolved into "Brady/O'brien/Mankins suck are stealing money from the team" mentality. 
    He says things like this:

More than a "couple".  If he plays a good 60 against Buffalo and NYGs we win those games with ease.

Dallas? Awful, throwing 2 INTs, until rallying in the 2 minute, late, where people apparently forget or choose to forget.

It's all on him, but he does lead the offense and can clearly be better. This is worst year since probably 2002.

In 2002 and his 3rd worst year (2009), he's had some excuses with lack of personnel or the fact he had just come back in 2009 from missing all of 2008, bu t this lack of producing drives over 4 qtrs is in need of serious improvement.

Maybe if the Brady Ballwashers conceded this was the worst stretch of his entire career, the threads would die almost immediately? The guy is 100% perfect, apparently.

Yeah, I think this goes too far.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far!:
    In Response to RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far! : I won't talk about it again until it loses us another game. Fair? Maybe if the Brady Ballwashers conceded this was the worst stretch of his entire career, the threads would die almost immediately? The guy is 100% perfect, apparently. Also, he doesn't need to play 60 minutes like fans demand out of the defense, even though the defense is on the field for a ridiculous amouut of extra time. The irony. But, keep bashing the D. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Look what the cat dragged in...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: RidingWithTheKing I think your taking the Brady Bashing too far! : Absolutely laughable. Your arrogance is unparalleled.   Your basically saying I don't think for myself, which is comical coming from someone like you. SOme of us actually graduated high school, went to college and actually busted their tails instead of quitting like yourself. I can't break down what I see on the field? I am one of the small  pocket who talks strategies and puts my gameplans in print here BEFORE the games. I start discussions about how fans would defend or attack the opponent. Wouldn't it make more sense to ban trolls and insecure fans who can't discuss? Why didn't the irrationals who have spent A MONTH defending Brady take by bet? So ridiculous. This board is littered with people who either start repeat threads, useless polls, or just say 4 words in a response which clearly doesn't reflect an interest in discussion.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Ladies and Gentlemen of the court, I think the evidence speaks for itself.  The prosecution rests.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I didnt see any of rustys points on brady...

but lets just say the the three games we lost which were close and came down to the last play...

brady was definately forcing the ball and causing turnovers... he was trying to do too much and this caused mistakes...  inspite of his poor play in some of those situations he still almost won those games...

thought he bounced back nicely in a game we had to have...and I wouldnt want any other qb... and that includes rogers...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's from both sides really, that annoys me. Those who have such ruby red glasses that they can't admit that some things need to change or someone simply had an off day. Then there are those who look for fault in 1 particular aspect and focus only on the negative for that aspect. Those 2 opposing sides fail to even recognize that there is even a grey area. You are either in one camp or the other and if you don't completely believe what they do then you're not a fan of the team.

Dave - "More than a "couple".  If he plays a good 60 against Buffalo and NYGs we win those games with ease." is true. Brady turned the ball over way to much in Buf and was awful in the first half against NYG. If Brady was the typical Brady and played 60 mins then both of those games should have been won. The rest I don't agree with but that first point is true.

King - it's not just Brady's fault for all the poor performances. Yes he's having an off year compared to 10' and 07' but really over his career it's what he's normally done. Think back to 01-05'. He had a couple games each season that he just tanked for one odd reason or another. The only difference is that he had a running game and a D that could make up for his mistakes. Now the D looks better then it did at the start of the season but it still has a way to go before it can even be compared to the SB era D's. Bashing Brady for having an average Brady season (which is still better then 90% of QB's in the leagues best seasons) is a bit silly. Sure point out his follies and yes he does deserve blame for bad games like in Buf but also realize that if you are going to blame Brady for not playing 60mins you also need to blame the D for not playing 60mins against NYG and the whole team failing against Pit.

Sections
Shortcuts