Ridley hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Ridley hurt?

I missed the inactives this week, anyone know why Ridley took a back seat to Vereen last night? Maybe Vereen passed him on the depth chart?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Ridley hurt?

In Response to Re: Ridley hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Does it matter?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    No, not at all, i was just curious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Aren't we crabby tonite....

[QUOTE]Does it matter?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

maybe they just wanted to test drive vareen when they were winning to see if he could go against other teams when they needed him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]Does it matter?
    what's your deal man? 

He asked a question relating to a up an coming player on the Pats roster. How does it not matter? Especially since everyone on this board is clamouring for him to get more touches.

If you like things stuck up your butt so much why don't you find a different sport to follow?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ridley hurt? : No. Why does it matter if a guy plays or not?

Mr. Crabs, it generally does matter if a player plays or not. I've never seen a guy make a play from the bench other than the Jets coach last year, but that's another story. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I saw that Vereen won the practice player of the week last week, so he is earning time in practice. Assuming 3 backs active for the game, either Ridley or Vereen has to sit. Also saw Vereen on special team packages, so he is contributing other areas as well. Like both players, kudos to Pats on this years draft. They will come out of the draft with numerous players that will contribute.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Maybe just that he is finally ready, and they wanted to see him?  I truly didn't get drafting 2 rbs, but they did, I assume they had a reason.  Ridley looked good, Vereen, if he is what we saw, is better.  I love that we have a schedule that may allow us to find out in the next few games.   If he absolutely blows up, what do we do????????  It's packed back there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Ridley hurt?:
    [QUOTE]I missed the inactives this week, anyone know why Ridley took a back seat to Vereen last night? Maybe Vereen passed him on the depth chart?
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

That was peculiar. Probably had some minor issue that kept out of the game.

I like what I saw out of Vereen though. Hope he and Ridley get more touches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I truly didn't get drafting 2 rbs, but they did, I assume they had a reason.  Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Dave, it was a good move by BB to draft two young RBs. He's been picking up old veterans that didn't seem to be durable, and had t edge speed.

Ridley ans Verreen are great additions. We have the bull and a hobbit and two cheetahs.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Everyone is worried about Ridley and Vereen.  They were drafted for the future.  Law firm is on the last year of his contract.  He will be going to some team that will overpay for his services.  Faulk is one step from retirement.  Neither rookie needs to make major contributions this year.  It is a redshirt year.  With the preseason messed up by the strike, they cannot be expected to contribute much.  Law firm did not play much his first years with the Patriots.  It is not a bad thing to have young players sit and learn.  BB is very good at looking at the roster and drafting for the future.  Sometimes he gets lucky and a player contributes in their first year.  Most players are so overwelmed in their first years that they cannot help much.  Price, Vereen, Ridley, Soldier and Cannon were all brought in this year with the thinking that they would not offer much but would be building block for the future.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts