Ridley is Ridiculous

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ridley is Ridiculous

How about some love for my boy Ridley?  With BJGE getting stuffed attempt after attempt, Ridley comes in and shows speed, quickness and a burst.  There is no reason why this kid shouldn't be getting 15-20 carries a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Ridley is Ridiculous

In Response to Ridley is Ridiculous:
    How about some love for my boy Ridley?  With BJGE getting stuffed attempt after attempt, Ridley comes in and shows speed, quickness and a burst.  There is no reason why this kid shouldn't be getting 15-20 carries a game.
    Posted by tcal2-

he should be starting instead of faulk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

tcal, i believe you know he has been my guy as well since the pre season after watching him, evaluating, and and then trumpeting him since preseason here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Welcome sporter81.  I'm shocked Faulk is still getting snaps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Ridley is Ridiculous:
    Posted by tcal2-

woody had some good carries too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Ridley is Ridiculous:
    tcal, i believe you know he has been my guy as well since the pre season after watching him, evaluating, and and then trumpeting him since preseason here.
    Posted by bredbru

Absolutely bredbru

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Ridley is Ridiculous : woody had some good carries too
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

agreed he sure did.
    took one huge lick and jumped up and had a big carry right after that!
    and the td!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

benny had a few good runs too.
    still having your best back take most of the carries just makes sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley is Ridiculous : Absolutely bredbru
    Posted by tcal2-

thanks for the post tcal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Ridley looked very good today, and I thought Woody had a pretty good day as well. Excellent all around offensive game today, 41 points, 320 passing yards, 140 rushing yards, and almost 34 minutes time of possession. 5 different players score TDs and Gronk didnt even get one. D was shaky at the start, but settled down, played their assignments and held Denver to 7 points in the last 40 minutes. Again, they gave up a ton of yards, but made the plays when they needed to. No complaints here about that effort...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, kind of wonder why they don't play him more, but glad they used him so much today.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Maybe BJGE is the best back on the team if you assume he knows the pass blocking assignments better, but Ridley looks better running the ball to me.  I'd like to see him get more touches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Yeah, kind of wonder why they don't play him more, but glad they used him so much today.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

agreed.

heading out for 30 min.

catch you guys shortly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Again, I think BJGE is good for certain number of yards.  Ridley really hits it up in there, though.  I'm impressed.  I have no idea why the team is carrying 5 for the second straight year.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's shameful that Faulk sees the field. You have to respect the guy but C'mon. It's obvious. He not helping them win games on the field. Be a mentor and ride the pine and give Ridley and Woodhead the ball with Law firm at the goaline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

It's shameful that Faulk sees the field. You have to respect the guy but C'mon. It's obvious. He not helping them win games on the field. Be a mentor and ride the pine and give Ridley and Woodhead the ball with Law firm at the goaline.
    Posted by tompenny

yes tom,. i'll take that!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It was nice seeing a guy be able to take a hand off and actually get yards on his own. All this talk about Benny being a smart runner may be true, but being smart means nothing when you get stuffed on a 3rd and one, goal line and runs outside. We need someone to take some heat off of Tom, Benny isn't doing that. When you get 10 carries and average 1.7 yards per touch, something has got to give.

The only thing I worry about with Ridley is his pass protection, I saw him look lost on an occasion today and I thought, man if he does that at the wrong time it will kill us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Mankins was an absolute beast today too. Really helped the RBs in this game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

definitely agree...more ridley and woody...less faulk and benny please, even though faulk is the ultimate patriot, he just doesnt have the burst anymore and barely gains any YAC and when he runs he gets stuffed for 1-2 yards almost every play...same thing for benny, but he does get some key first downs, so i cant complain too much...too many backs is not a bad problem to have

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

We have a good combination of different types of backs right now. Given good blocking schemes and play design I see no reason why we can't get a good running game going when we need one. I hate to say it but I have to agree about Faulk. He has definately lost a step or two. He'll most likely retire after this season and I hope he stays with the team in some fashion. The guy is class, toughness and hard work but it's a classic case of willing mind vs a drop in physical ability.

One thing's for sure. When he retires his number should go with him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

We have a good combination of different types of backs right now. Given good blocking schemes and play design I see no reason why we can't get a good running game going when we need one. I hate to say it but I have to agree about Faulk. He has definately lost a step or two. He'll most likely retire after this season and I hope he stays with the team in some fashion. The guy is class, toughness and hard work but it's a classic case of willing mind vs a drop in physical ability. One thing's for sure. When he retires his number should go with him.
    Posted by Evil2012

we have backs that can go in and out. however if you want  sustained running game, imo that is best accomplished with mostly by using one back getting in rythm along with the line for a good 80% of the runs.

and if we showed that, wed be less able to be stopped as defenses cant only worry about the pass.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley is Ridiculous : That pass that BJGE caught to get one drive going was huge.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

that WAS  a big clutch play!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley is Ridiculous : It was like 20+ yards. I also like how Simms slammed the door on speculation that the Pats had considered drafting Teblow. "what draft a QB in the first round while they have Brady?"
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

yeah he wasnt buying the cutesy script (just beacause it woulda beena good story).

Sections
Shortcuts