Ridley me this!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley me this!

What RB is fourth in the NFL in rushing while spliting time with 3 other RBs? 

That's right, dos dos! Or Vinti y dos...whatever.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Ridley me this!

He's a keeper!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Maybe he has a bonus if he goes over a certain number of carries or snaps and BB is trying to save Kraft some $$$...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe he has a bonus if he goes over a certain number of carries or snaps and BB is trying to save Kraft some $$$...

[/QUOTE]
    Or maybe BB is saving his legs so he will have something left in the tank when it comes playoff time.  I think Bredbru in an earlier post mentioned that Ridley has had 150 carries for 714 yds. during the first half of the season which puts him on track for a potential 300-carry season and 1400 yds. 

I could be going out on a limb here, but maybe BB just might know what he's doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Or maybe BB is saving his legs so he will have something left in the tank when it comes playoff time.  I think Bredbru in an earlier post mentioned that Ridley has had 150 carries for 714 yds. during the first half of the season which puts him on track for a potential 300-carry season and 1400 yds. 

I could be going out on a limb here, but maybe BB just might know what he's doing.

[/QUOTE]

You do know that Stevan is 22 years old, right? His legs are as fresh as they're ever going to be. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You do know that Stevan is 22 years old, right? His legs are as fresh as they're ever going to be. 

[/QUOTE]

Respectfully, what I do know is that Ridley was born in January 1989 which will make him 24 this coming January.

And, in 2010 at LSU he got the ball 249 times including 11 receptions and gained 1,147 yards.

Sometimes 'mileage' is more significant than age, particularly when it comes to NFL running backs.  So I'm inclined to go along with how Belichick is using this young running back. 

Perhaps if he where in the final year of his contract with no chance of resigning him, and I know this sounds cold, but I might see things differently and risk running him until his wheels fell off.

However, with the depth the Patriots presently have at RB, let's just wait and see how the second half of the season plays out.  Circumstances could certainly change significantly, as they so often do pertaining to running backs in the NFL, whereby as the season progresses perhaps we will see an increase in Ridleys workload. 

But as it stands now, I'd be very pleased with Ridley, or for that matter any running back for the Patriots, getting 300 carries and 1500 yards for the season.

Just my opinion, but thanks for the conversation and I do respect your views on the matter.

Sections
Shortcuts