Ridley me this................

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Ridley me this................

I like the potential for both backs, but anytime we have our least experienced RB core in the BB era and Brady turning 35 it makes me nervous. We need to increase the run game one way or another.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

It's not 1978 and Sam Cunningham isn't walking through that door. Last year the Pats averaged around 65 plays per game. They broke down 38 passing to 27 running. That's a 58% to 42% split. That's not bad. The rules are designed to protect the passing game. We have arguably the best QB to ever play the game and you guys want a run first offense. Guys, come into the present. The league is a passing league. Get used to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If I recall correctly Kevin Faulk had some fumble problems early on but he fixed them and was very dependable back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We'll have to wait and see what type of back Ridley is/will turn into. Really no one on here knows, because the guy just doesn't have a body of work yet. From what I've seen of him he looks like he's got good size, quickness, and decent speed for his size. He shows a little wiggle for a back his size. I'll tell you what - in the limited snaps he got last year, he looked like he wasn't always following the blocks or making good decisions, but his young legs made up for that in limited reps. Who knows? Hopefully he'll polish up on the little things. He'll definitely have to be able to block or they won't put him out there. Vareen looks like he can catch the ball...can he block? He's got to if he ever wants to become a part of this offense as well. I wish he was a bit bigger as too. Both of these guys had better work out, because I can't see us just throwing the ball 50 times a game behind our line right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Ridley can't prove that he has solved his fumblitis by the end of camp you won't hear his name for the rest of the season...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley me this................:
    [QUOTE]It's not 1978 and Sam Cunningham isn't walking through that door. Last year the Pats averaged around 65 plays per game. They broke down 38 passing to 27 running. That's a 58% to 42% split. That's not bad. The rules are designed to protect the passing game. We have arguably the best QB to ever play the game and you guys want a run first offense. Guys, come into the present. The league is a passing league. Get used to it.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

I don't really recall anyone saying that the Pats should be a run first team. Rather, most are asking for a less predictable offense that will allow them to score more points than the other team.  That probably means that they should do a better job of what plays are called; regardless of whether its a pass or running play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He will either step up or... NEXT!  I like him.  But Vereen has something going for him too.  Interesting to see what the next game brings us.