Ridley me this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley me this...

The Pats are 2-0 when what RB rushes the ball at least 20 times? Answer: Steven Ridley! 

They 0-2 when he doesn't.

Give him the ball and get the F out of his way! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Ridley me this...

dumb analysis.  you run the ball more when its successful.  20 1 yard carries is stupid if you got 19 1 yard carries.  once again.  dumb analysis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

dumb analysis.  you run the ball more when its successful.  20 1 yard carries is stupid if you got 19 1 yard carries.  once again.  dumb analysis

2007 wagon fan, I see. You run the ball not only to set up a running game, you run to put the thought of a run into the Safties' minds. When they start creaping up, you pull it out and you'll see Gronk and Lloyd running by themselves for HUGE plays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

bolden had a hell of a game too.....the balanced attack today made sense because of the injury to mankins...first time two patriots players have rushed for 100 in the same game in 30 years....wow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really liked the way Ridley played today, he managed to gain over a hundred without having a long run. Of course that also was the worst performance I have ever seen out of a defensive line...Bufallo payed all that money for that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I really liked the way Ridley played today, he managed to gain over a hundred without having a long run. Of course that also was the worst performance I have ever seen out of a defensive line...Bufallo payed all that money for that?

+1

liked bolden in preseason. thought hed be ok. a carry the load guy.

last year in preseson liekd ridley. hes our feature back to me (or should be). can do it all.

agree also on buff de line

baltimore or houston they aint.

if we gave him (riddler) 6-8 or more carries than he had in the first half , we may have scored a couple more scores. offense playcalling started out crappy for 1st half.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question that Ridley can produce when he's got solid blocking in front him (pretty much the case with most running backs) and so can Bolden.  Although I don't disagree that the Buffalo D line didn't look that effecctive I'm inclined to believe that the Pats O line had something to do with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

Nice input!

Or not.

20 rushes points to a commitment to the run, which balances the offense, which makes Brady's life easier, and opens up plays like Gronk being WIIIIIDE open for a TD.

When in the history of the NFL has ANY team ever had 19 1 yard rushes? Nice job completely making something up that doesn't happen to prove some nonsensical point. And to that end, if Ridley had wings, he could just fly to the endzone every time, so why doesn't he grow some wings? That has as much substance as your point.

Save the venom for the Jets fans.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yesterday we saw how Woodhead can be effective, coming off the bench (excuse the basketball term). 

I like this, Vereen coming along, Bolden making a statement and all Ridley needs to be is consistent.  Nothing better than healthy competition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

All I know is it looks like Vareen is the fourth running back in the depth chart now, which is a good problem for us to have because we havw four solid runners!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

The Pats are 2-0 when what RB rushes the ball at least 20 times? Answer: Steven Ridley! 

TOTALLY AGREE!  Give him the ROCK!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

That's why I laugh when I hear that the NFL is a passing league. Rules and situations look that way, but its a Mirage. Their are 2 aspects in an Offensive part of the game, Passing and Running. Take 1 away from the Offensive Game Plan and you will lose, in the long run. Too easy to defense. Even when the RUN is not working, you have to stick to it. The threat of a run is the deception you need to Open up the Passing game, Slows down the Pass Rush, Linebackers and Safties, get out of position, helps the Recievers. Pats and the Play Action will get them to the Promise land again. If the Pats go Open Backfield in the Shotgun as their go to Formation, I expect a good season, but wont get us over the hump to win the Superbowl. This Defense is young and we will get better, this team can win the Superbowl again. Up to Coaches, to get Pats out of the 1 dimensional thinking, that the NFL is a passing league.

Agree 100 percent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

This has to do with the score. Teams with the lead run a lot more to kill off clock. We are talking basic statistical analysis 49.

The team that runs more in the first three quarters has zero statistical correalation with having the lead after those three quarters. 

However, the team that finishes the game with a higher score (a.k.a., the winner) almost always has more carries because they are trying to end the game with the lead. 

Statistically, the team that passes better in the first three quarters is more likely to win than the team that runs better. Once they have that lead, they run.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

This has to do with the score. Teams with the lead run a lot more to kill off clock. We are talking basic statistical analysis 49.

The team that runs more in the first three quarters has zero statistical correalation with having the lead after those three quarters. 

However, the team that finishes the game with a higher score (a.k.a., the winner) almost always has more carries because they are trying to end the game with the lead. 

Statistically, the team that passes better in the first three quarters is more likely to win than the team that runs better. Once they have that lead, they run.  

Hey Z, in your opinion, does the run open up the pass? Or is every coach in NFL history just getting this thing wrong?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Hey Z, in your opinion, does the run open up the pass? Or is every coach in NFL history just getting this thing wrong?

???????????????????????????????????

So? The pass opens up the run as well -- since the dawn of the west coast era and post-west coast, most teams work that way, passing to establish downfield rushing lanes. But I'm not sure how this is relevant to a discussion of statistical outcomes. 

It has no bearing on a claim that running more = winning. That just isn't true, and the entire NFL would look totally different if it were. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Where do you get the notion that all coaches use the run to set up the pass? Ugh

That has to be one of the blindest, homeristic statements ever.  Most coaches worth a grain of salt exploit what the D gives them.  If not, they have no business coaching.

Did the Pats use the run to set up the pass yesterday?  How bout the Packers...Did they?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The best thing about this Buff game was no 10 yds laterally before turning upfield.I'm thinking BB told McDs that keep it simple and stop out coaching yourself. This was the first game where there were no really inept trick plays and we responded.I said before the game that we needed to run from the inside and breakoutleading to more 2nd and 4s and 3rd and 1-2 using the same formation for quick outs. I hope from this point on McDs realizes we are a superior team and we don't need excessive chacanery to win. Even our weakests link on O, our line does better when they get to reach out and smack someone than pull,zone trap and all the other finesse schemes. We were winning the SBs when we ran the ball through the line with Smith and Dillon wearing teams down and drawing in secondarys and then going over the top or quick hits in open space.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Take Woodhead out, insert Bolden....and look what happens. Anyone with half a brain knows Ridley is the real deal by now. Just shutter to think what would have happened had those 15 Woodhead carries last week gone to Ridley & Bolden....

Keep giving the ball to these two talented, explosive, young backs and maybe start mixing Vereen into the mix with some screens. Woodhead is as useless as t!ts on a bull....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Buffalo is a defense that can stop run or pass but not both. McD tried took what they were giving based on personell on a play to play basis and for the most part was successful.

49rs and the Texans on a good day can create strong resisitance to both run and pass. I am so glad we are playing these teams during the regular seasons and for that matter happy we played the Cards. The Patriots and us, the fans will really know where thay stand vs good teams with good D-lines after those games and we won't have to wait for the SB or playoffs to find this out.

Whatever plays we run against them will have to force the defense to defend the entire width of the field, not just the middle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Run the ball to win pass to lose. It's always been that way and always will. Just the facts boys, face it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to kjfiton's comment:

Run the ball to win pass to lose. It's always been that way and always will. Just the facts boys, face it.

Ya, you couldn't be more wrong.  Here's a study done by CHFF just last month that blows your theory to smitharines.  When you come up with facts to dispute this, let us know.
    Thanks

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-super-study-the-evolution-nfl-pass-run-ratio/15992/

Sections
Shortcuts