Ridley me this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Ridley me this...

Patriots are undefeated in games where they have the QB takes a knee. This is a fact. 

Those fantasy football fans just don't understand.  If the Patriots come out and take a knee on every drive they will win EVERY game.  The statistics don't lie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats are 2-0 when what RB rushes the ball at least 20 times? Answer: Steven Ridley! 

They 0-2 when he doesn't.

Give him the ball and get the F out of his way! 

Good point 49, that trend will continue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

That's why I laugh when I hear that the NFL is a passing league. Rules and situations look that way, but its a Mirage. Their are 2 aspects in an Offensive part of the game, Passing and Running. Take 1 away from the Offensive Game Plan and you will lose, in the long run. Too easy to defense. Even when the RUN is not working, you have to stick to it. The threat of a run is the deception you need to Open up the Passing game, Slows down the Pass Rush, Linebackers and Safties, get out of position, helps the Recievers. Pats and the Play Action will get them to the Promise land again. If the Pats go Open Backfield in the Shotgun as their go to Formation, I expect a good season, but wont get us over the hump to win the Superbowl. This Defense is young and we will get better, this team can win the Superbowl again. Up to Coaches, to get Pats out of the 1 dimensional thinking, that the NFL is a passing league.

Exactly. Your comment shows us why there are two NFL fans:

1. The ones who have been watching for 30 years or more.

2. The newer ones who live by rhetoric and the media.

2007 has somehow brainwashed some of our fanbase to the point they cannot see straight. Take note how the Bradyites are either very quiet this morning or trying to spin it back into their strange obsession with wanting Brady to throw 45 times and lose with Woodhead as a lead back.

You have to understand that half of the so called fans here don't understand the game. They are in the fantasy football era where it's all about passing for lots of yards and scoring fast. That's how they win in fantasy football, it's all statsIt's that's why they call it fantasy.

ill take a game where Brady only throws 20 times and they run all day, dominating top and winning 24-10 over a 49-45 air it out , no defense ugly game. Those teams never win Super Bowls . Also, Brady is much better under center, when teams don't know when he's going to throw. It looks like the pass happy "fans" just want to see Brady get sacked all day and injured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

dumb analysis.  you run the ball more when its successful.  20 1 yard carries is stupid if you got 19 1 yard carries.  once again.  dumb analysis

2007 wagon fan, I see. You run the ball not only to set up a running game, you run to put the thought of a run into the Safties' minds. When they start creaping up, you pull it out and you'll see Gronk and Lloyd running by themselves for HUGE plays.

my name on this forum was ssmilloy36.  the cookies wouldn't allow me to log in for whatever reason. 

i think milloy has been long gone when 2007 came around.  vincent brisby me this

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

the patriots win the superbowl every time they outscore their opponents.  in the superbowl

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

they should do this more often

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

run not working today........still want 20 plus carries?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Why a 9-man front in such an obvious passing situation???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"run not working today........still want 20 plus carries?"  ~getdrunkstupidt

~The Pats-Seattle game is on Channel 3...Channel 4 too, in many NE markets (so you have twice the chance of watching the game that you're commenting on).

RB Carries:

Ridley-16

Bolden-6

Woodhead-4

...and ya wrote this an hour + ago...A half hour ago, when I looked at the game stats, Ridley had 13 carry attempts-

Brady: 35 of 55(!) Attempts (maybe more right now), 2 TDs & 2 INTs, + I believe 3 seperate X NE's O was afforded the ball by NE D turnovers inside of Seattle's own territory (1X @ the Seattle 46 yard line or so, 1X @ the Seattle 24 yard line, and 3rd time(?-unsure)).  The best Pats drive btw, was that 6 minute and 17 second NE TD Drive offering an almost exactly proportionately equal Run vs Pass Play call during said drive...  Meanwhile that critical drive w/ 40-50 seconds prior to halftime and 2 Pats T.O.'s still to use, from NE's D turnover giving the O the ball @ Seattles's 24 yard line, had 5 passes and zero runs (and poor clock management), resulting in no points on the board.  Also, NE's late critical game-sealing 4th quarter drive very late in the game, produced 2 runs (2 successful runs btw, 1 for 5 or 6, and the other for 9 yards), along with 6 passes...and a subsequent Punt offering up Seattle 1 more open-platter to stay in the game & possibly come away with the W;  Finally, I believe 49'ers was actually refering to giving your Lone, Single LEAD Runningback (i.e. Ridley), a chance to establish himself within a game & at least have a shot at getting into some running grove based on the feel for Seattle's upfront D...  NOT: Sub, sub, sit for a drive, sit for a play, sub, sit for a few plays, sub, sit for a drive, sub, sit for a play, sub...etc.. 

"dumb analysis.  you run the ball more when its successful.  20 1 yard carries is stupid if you got 19 1 yard carries.  once again.  dumb analysis" ~getdrunkstupidt

"Patriots are undefeated in games where they have the QB takes a knee. This is a fact." 

^ Also, and to further Shenanigan's responding point to getdrunkstupidt, along...You ALSO should at least consider abandoning the run, IF every time you hand the ball off...and on every single running play...That NE RB loses 15 yards, prior to getting stripped of the ball, fumbling it, and the opposing Defense running back that fumble for a touchdown...again- Each time.  You probably don't wanna run their either...  Oh!  Also:  While showering...  While showering, it's not quite as beneficial attempting to establish a "running game".

Sections
Shortcuts