Ridley me this!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley me this!!!

Congrats Stevan, 1000 yards in 12 games while sharing the rock with Woodhead, Vereen AND Bolden! 

Many more 1000 seasons to come! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Ridley me this!!!

GO RIDLEY!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Yes enjoy your success now, for when you become a free agent, and the Pats decide not to pay you and you leave, everyone on here will say how over-rated you were, what a sellout you are, and how you can easily be replaced....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Congrats Stevan, 1000 yards in 12 games while sharing the rock with Woodhead, Vereen AND Bolden! 

Many more 1000 seasons to come! 

[/QUOTE]

and pass happy josh you forgot....

i love me some ridley!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes enjoy your success now, for when you become a free agent, and the Pats decide not to pay you and you leave, everyone on here will say how over-rated you were, what a sellout you are, and how you can easily be replaced....

[/QUOTE]

:  )

[/QUOTE]

:  (

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doubt it... Since the Patriots have by far the best record in the NFL since the salary cap started it proves that they know who to sign and who to let walk. If winning is a teams goal its not going to work if they sign players who used to be good or are nice guys. The Patriots are the 2nd highest paying team in the NFL. They know what they are doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How's that big FA contract for Mankins working out?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well they went to the super bowl allready once since he signed the contract so I am not sure what the complaint is. He's injured, it's part of football. Law and Seymour as well as Gronkowski all got hurt after their big contracts. It's the nature of the beast. If Belichick thinks Mankins was worth the money then I think Mankins was worth the money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's a better than average back and not worth huge bucks. That's how he will be treated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well they went to the super bowl allready once since he signed the contract so I am not sure what the complaint is. He's injured, it's part of football. Law and Seymour as well as Gronkowski all got hurt after their big contracts. It's the nature of the beast. If Belichick thinks Mankins was worth the money then I think Mankins was worth the money.

[/QUOTE]

Lots of guys play through injuries in order to get the big contract. Once they have it, a minor injury can keep them out.

That's one of the reasons the Pats don't sign every Tom Dick and Harry the "fans" think they have an unlimited cap to sign.

If most fans ran this team we would be 1-15 and bankrupt in about 4 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lots of guys play through injuries in order to get the big contract. Once they have it, a minor injury can keep them out.

That's one of the reasons the Pats don't sign every Tom Dick and Harry the "fans" think they have an unlimited cap to sign.

[/QUOTE]

This isn't baseball where players won't play hurt because they are afraid they will hurt their batting average and therefore their arbitration cases. The NFL contracts are not guaranteed othe rthan their bonus money so why would a player slack off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This isn't baseball where players won't play hurt because they are afraid they will hurt their batting average and therefore their arbitration cases. The NFL contracts are not guaranteed othe rthan their bonus money so why would a player slack off.

[/QUOTE]

Because if they are good enough to have gotten the big contract, cutting them when it is not proven they can't play at a high level anymore only sends them to the market again with the guaranteed money in hand to make a new killing.

Do you seriously think a guy like Mankins value would go down significantly if we cut him because he missed a bunch of regular season games?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because if they are good enough to have gotten the big contract, cutting them when it is not proven they can't play at a high level anymore only sends them to the market again with the guaranteed money in hand to make a new killing.

Do you seriously think a guy like Mankins value would go down significantly if we cut him because he missed a bunch of regular season games?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because teams would question why he was cut by a super bowl contender. Adalius Thomas got cut and where is he now? What evidence is there whatsoever that Mankins is faking it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because teams would question why he was cut by a super bowl contender. Adalius Thomas got cut and where is he now? What evidence is there whatsoever that Mankins is faking it?

[/QUOTE]

No team in their right mind is going to cut a guy that can still play well whom they have invested megabucks in because he takes a few extra regular season games off for an injury when he could have come back sooner if he wanted to. They put their money on the line when they pay the big contract. It's a done deal. The guaranteed money is history. That was my whole point.

If you don't concur with the self-evident concept that an injured player will more likely play when he's hungry for the big contract than after he gets the security of that big contract I don't see how exploring it further would bear fruit.

Funny though, ain't it, how the guys who put up the biggest stink about $$$$, once they get it magically get hurt (Seymour, Mankins)? The guys who don't put up a stink just happen to stay on the field (Wilfork, Mayo).

And I really have no idea how you think Thomas fits into this discussion. He was cut because he was a jerk that couldn't play anymore. It had nothing to do with the subject at hand - injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No team in their right mind is going to cut a guy that can still play well whom they have invested megabucks in because he takes a few extra regular season games off for an injury when he could have come back sooner if he wanted to. They put their money on the line when they pay the big contract. It's a done deal. The guaranteed money is history. That was my whole point.

If you don't concur with the self-evident concept that an injured player will more likely play when he's hungry for the big contract than after he gets the security of that big contract I don't see how exploring it further would bear fruit.

Funny though, ain't it, how the guys who put up the biggest stink about $$$$, once they get it magically get hurt (Seymour, Mankins)? The guys who don't put up a stink just happen to stay on the field (Wilfork, Mayo).

And I really have no idea how you think Thomas fits into this discussion. He was cut because he was a jerk that couldn't play anymore. It had nothing to do with the subject at hand - injury.

[/QUOTE]

You did not answer the question though. What evidence is there that Mankins is faking it or dogging it. Thomas does fit because he got a huge contract and then got hurt in 2008. To this day none of us know why he was really cut. He got benched before getting cut. his replacements on the field played fairly awful too. He got cut after being late to a practice and complaining about being punished for it. Thomas was one of the best defenders the Pats had before his injury in 2009. He wasn't picked up by other teams because the film most likely did not lie. He wasn't as good after the injury as before. Their are Jerks all over the NFL and if they can play someone will pay them. If Mankins gets cut, like Thomas it will affect his earning power. Belichick won't cut him just because he's a jerk.