Ridley or Gore - Next Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ridley or Gore - Next Year

My co-worker and I were having a debate.  Who would you take next year for only one year.  They obviously have an age difference, so skill wise who would be better next year a lone- not going forward. 

Leaving homerism aside... who would you take for next a lone.  Ridley or Gore.  Next year only, one year contact.

I said they are very similar in their styles, and Ridley is tapping into his potential.  I think  Ridley will be even better next year. 

So my answer was Rildey, thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Ridley or Gore - Next Year

I think Gore is too good to make this a fair fight, much as I really like Ridley.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

May I pass on both and take Steven Jackson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm a gambler, Ridley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm sorry did someone say Michael Turner? Much better fit in the NE offense though Jackson would be a hellava weapon also but Vereen seems to be the concensus number one back in NE coming into Spring practice,the Ridley question is can he hold onto the ball...Wait for it...Wait for it....Bolden none of the above will beat him out...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I'll take Ridley he's only going to get better and when you compare the stats gore isn't that much better, he recieves more but I don't think this is nessesarily Ridleys fault simply a consequence of play on the Patriots offense, here are their 2012 stats:

G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2012 San Francisco 49ers16 16 258 1,214 4.7 37 8 28 234 8.4 26 1 2

2012 New England Patriots16 12 290 1,263 4.4 41 12 6 51 8.5 20 0 4

If Ridley could just hold onto the ball a little better he'd be a top 5 running back, that's if he isn't already

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Stick with Ridley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I would take Gore, even entering his age 30 season.

Biggest difference to me is that Gore and the running attack set up the pass, whereas Brady and the passing attack set up the run.

Gore has had some success running with some pretty mediocre QBs throughout his career. Just comparing the stats isn't fair.

I love the no huddle offense, but I think it makes it much easier for Ridley to gain some extra yardage when the defense isn't prepared.

Ridley also didn't really take over any games/show up against great defenses. Gore at least had the one SEA game on the resume and performed better in the playoffs IMO.

Ridley has potential, and I'm excited to see what he brings to the table next season, but I have to stick with the more proven commodity at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I would take Gore, even entering his age 30 season.

Biggest difference to me is that Gore and the running attack set up the pass, whereas Brady and the passing attack set up the run.

Gore has had some success running with some pretty mediocre QBs throughout his career. Just comparing the stats isn't fair.

I love the no huddle offense, but I think it makes it much easier for Ridley to gain some extra yardage when the defense isn't prepared.

Ridley also didn't really take over any games/show up against great defenses. Gore at least had the one SEA game on the resume and performed better in the playoffs IMO.

Ridley has potential, and I'm excited to see what he brings to the table next season, but I have to stick with the more proven commodity at this point.

Totally agree. To me Gore is a very physical runner that gets low and takes contact with him. Ridley has shown potential and he has been physical too, but I just don't trust him in a big game - defenses aren't concentrating on him, but when they do...forget it.

Gore has had himself a very nice career, hopefully Ridley will too, but Ridley does some things that make me wonder a bit. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Remember Gore will be 30 and had some leg issues just this year.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If we are talking one year I like Jackson. 

Between Gore and Ridley for one year this coming season I will take Gore.  I still have worries about Ridley going forward.  His holding onto the ball is an issue.  But much more then that I fear his hit where he was KO'ed last season in the playoffs is going to cause future problems.  Getting KO'ed like that can make it easier to get concussions. 

I get bashed everytime I say this but I would like Reggie Bush to come in on the cheap.  His style fits this offense perfectly.  I know, I know, he has fumble problems too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Between Gore and Ridley for one year this coming season I will take Gore.  I still have worries about Ridley going forward.  His holding onto the ball is an issue.  But much more then that I fear his hit where he was KO'ed last season in the playoffs is going to cause future problems.  Getting KO'ed like that can make it easier to get concussions. 

I get bashed everytime I say this but I would like Reggie Bush to come in on the cheap.  His style fits this offense perfectly.  I know, I know, he has fumble problems too.

Pass on jackson. I have a freinss who is a hardcore Rams fan. He thinks he's overated

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Ridley

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Frank Gore, 29, 5'9, 215, has fumbled once every 62 carries in his career.

Steven Ridley, 24 (with almost 1,600 fewer carries on his body than Gore), 5'11, 225, has fumbled once every 75 carries in his career.

Gore has been a great player, might even make a case for HOF by the time he's done. But these are two guys at the opposite end of their careers.  I'll take Ridley, for one year or for the long haul. He's bigger and faster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Reggie bush is an interesting name, I will say I m a big vereen guy and although think gore is good love the idea ofmridley and vereen growing up together in this offense. So my pick would be Ridley 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Pass on jackson. I have a freinss who is a hardcore Rams fan. He thinks he's overated

The games I watched him play in he looked good to me.  I'd like him to get the ball on 3rd and 2 or on the goal line. Teams would bite on the play action with Jackson in the back fIeld.