Ridley over Faulk Good or bad move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Ridley over Faulk Good or bad move?

I'm surprised Coach has decided to leave Kevin off the roster in favor of Ridley. 

Ridley's had a couple of fumbles, Kevin is sure handed. 

What does the change mean to you?

Personally, I'm concerned.  This is game where no mistakes can be made.  Ridley's shown good speed during the year, but I'm concerned he could be our Williams and cost us at least one turnover leading to a score. 

You know the Giants will be looking to strip him.  I think that will make him run a little more tentatively negating his effectivness as a runner. 

Your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Ridley over Faulk Good or bad move?

If BB made it, you can pretty much rest assured it was a good move.  Seems like BB must be feeling better about Ridley's ability to protect the ball and wants some of his explosiveness in the running game available. 

Faulk's versatility would be desirable . . . if he has anything left in the tank.  This move suggests BB doesn't think he has enough left to help.  

Running may be more a part of the game plan as well.  Faulk is more a passing back, Ridley more a runner.  So this could suggest a possible way the game plan is going . . . 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The Giants line backers aren't all that great, like Ridley in this game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Didn't know this...

And so also, thank you god...

Ridley's youth, size, strength, and durability, and ability to take & give punishment...his speed, his size, and his energy, ARE 100X more important within this match-up specifically over Faulk's vet savyness, Faulk's sure-hands, Faulk's pass-catching ability, and Faulk's 3rd down-back running skills=ALL of which are noticeably diminished currently with Kevin Faulk, and all of which CAN currently be offered with other RB's skill-sets either better than or simply "as good as" 2012 Kevin Faulk can currently showcase these things. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Absolutely the right move.

Yes, Ridley has fumbled; so did Woodhead, and Brady has thrown interceptions.

But, at the end of the day, you can't play scared. Gotta put your best on the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley over Faulk Good or bad move?:
    Absolutely the right move. Yes, Ridley has fumbled; so did Woodhead, and Brady has thrown interceptions. But, at the end of the day, you can't play scared. Gotta put your best on the field.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Best said

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Absolutely the right move. Yes, Ridley has fumbled; so did Woodhead, and Brady has thrown interceptions. But, at the end of the day, you can't play scared. Gotta put your best on the field.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Didn't wanna say the same...and I note also, how'ya left "you can't play scared" without any specific direct object within your reference...so I'll help:  Kevin Faulk never played scared his entire career...2012 40 year old, Kevin Faulk and even the Kevin Faulk who got worked back into the playoffs once or twice the last 1-2 years (I forget exactly), WAS...NOTICEABLY=Playing and moving, far too much, In a Hesitant Manner.  And he is great, and He has died for this team, AND he never really showed this attribute ever prior and throughout his long & determined & critically useful & important career as a loyal Patriot Player...but he is right now.   And not 1 derisive thing should be offered FROM this & onto Faulk...but we gotta win here, people. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In Response to Ridley over Faulk Good or bad move?:
    I'm surprised Coach has decided to leave Kevin off the roster in favor of Ridley.  Ridley's had a couple of fumbles, Kevin is sure handed.  What does the change mean to you? Personally, I'm concerned.  This is game where no mistakes can be made.  Ridley's shown good speed during the year, but I'm concerned he could be our Williams and cost us at least one turnover leading to a score.  You know the Giants will be looking to strip him.  I think that will make him run a little more tentatively negating his effectivness as a runner.  Your thoughts.
    Posted by BrocktonMike

Faulk may be "sure" handed, but it doesn't matter if he can't get those old legs going fast enough to get open, or run the rock.  Ridley is a better all-around player(despite his fumbles).  If you remember right, Faulk has had his own case of the fumbles also! In some crucial spots too!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I thought he retired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

He will after we win tonight.....hopefully(fingers crossed!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley over Faulk Good or bad move? : Didn't wanna say the same...and I note also, how'ya left "you can't play scared" without any specific direct object within your reference...so I'll help:  Kevin Faulk never played scared his entire career...2012 40 year old, Kevin Faulk and even the Kevin Faulk who got worked back into the playoffs once or twice the last 1-2 years (I forget exactly), WAS...NOTICEABLY=Playing and moving, far too much, In a Hesitant Manner.  And he is great, and He has died for this team, AND he never really showed this attribute ever prior and throughout his long & determined & critically useful & important career as a loyal Patriot Player...but he is right now.   And not 1 derisive thing should be offered FROM this & onto Faulk...but we gotta win here, people. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz, what I meant is that BB can't coach scared...that is, afraid guys like Ridley might make a mistake. Gotta put the best players on the field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bad only if Ridley fumbles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I thought he retired.
    Posted by tcal2-

Yup, Love Faulk, but he has done nothing all year. Ridley brings something to the table.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

You know he's been tested in practice .... I bet he is ready to rock (and roll) ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

To repeat other posts I have made: Ridley will be a factor with the Pats "Big" package especially on the "fast track". Predicting 125 yrds for as he will get wide.The 49ERS ran well against the Jints

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Love the move..

Agreed with NY-Pats.. we all make mistakes, but have to take risks here..

BB has always been aggressive and this is yet another one of those moves. I am excited...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

thats y i love bb. many would have faulk due to sentiment.. based on talent and threat, ridley should be there!

Sections
Shortcuts