Ridley Revisited...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: Ridley Revisited...

In response to Getzo's comment:

I'm not sure I can name one game that I have watched this year, that the running back 'dominated".  Not AP, Foster, Johson, Forte.... I think McCoy leads the lead is yards.. I don't know...

You're right. There are about 6 or 7 backs on pace for around 1,200-1,500 yards. Eddie Lacy has been the most impressive RB this season in my opinion. What he's done since returning from the concussion has been great, especially for a rookie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Ridley is really important to this team, the best to constantly grind out the needed yards. Bolden and Blount usually have one or two long rushes pr game, and then disappear. Bolden as the pass catching back has been inconsistent at best, it will be awesome to get Vereen back.

I think the ball security issue with Ridley is blown out of proportions. He is on the record for two fumbles for the season so far, the last being the beautiful play by Polamalu. Not saying I'm not worried when the ball is in his hands, I'm just saying that the eye-test can be deceiving from time to time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am of the opinion that Ridley is the best back on the team now and has the potential to become one of the better running backs in the league for some time to come.  Once he has well and truly put the ball security issue behind him he will be well on his way.

With respect to how BB is employing his backs, it seems to me that he is using the options available to him in an effort to keep the legs fresh and minimize the injury potential.  Once Vareen returns I see things opening up susbstantially.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley is really important to this team, the best to constantly grind out the needed yards. Bolden and Blount usually have one or two long rushes pr game, and then disappear. Bolden as the pass catching back has been inconsistent at best, it will be awesome to get Vereen back.

I think the ball security issue with Ridley is blown out of proportions. He is on the record for two fumbles for the season so far, the last being the beautiful play by Polamalu. Not saying I'm not worried when the ball is in his hands, I'm just saying that the eye-test can be deceiving from time to time.

[/QUOTE]

it's easy for Bolden and Blount to disappear when they don't get played. They're getting MUCH FEWER touches either because of their talent level and/or because it's not the role that McD/BB envision and/or it's not in a specific game plan.

Nothing wrong w/ RBC vs. using one RB for everything - different strengths and weaknesses.  With RBC, you can try to take advantage of players' different strengths and save their legs during a long season.  With one RB for everything - it makes it harder for opponents to disquise what play is being run.

Sections
Shortcuts