Ridley Sickened By His Own Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Ridley Sickened By His Own Play

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/11/stevan_ridley_on_fumbles_they.html

"I work too hard to make the small mistakes, and I keep setting myself back and setting this team back," Ridley said. "The offense depends on me to go out there and get the job done, and when I put the ball on the ground, they have no option but to take me out and it's sickening."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Ridley Sickened By His Own Play

I'm rooting for this guy. 

I know I may be the only one, but he's grown on me.  He needs to just use both hands... 10-15 touches a game.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I may be the only one, but he's grown on me.  He needs to just use both hands... 10-15 touches a game.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's about 2 hands on the ball as much as it is (1) keeping it tight to his body; and  (2) carrying it about 6 inches higher;

He's particularly susceptible when he goes into that spin move of his.

I'm with you though.  I would not give up on him, despite the frustration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I work too hard to make the small mistakes, and I keep setting myself back and setting this team back," Ridley said. "The offense depends on me to go out there and get the job done, and when I put the ball on the ground, they have no option but to take me out and it's sickening."

[/QUOTE]

Ridley definitely has a lot of talent but he obviously is not practicing proper ball security by keeping it high and tight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley BLOWS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Although I've become frustrated with Ridley (like no else is?) I think the kid has the potential to do well.  If there is a way to overcome his ball security issues, BB will find it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Getzo I am with you. I am really pulling for this guy and even bought an autographed jersey of his last year for my man room (get it early in the career when its cheap right?! LOL) But I am running out of patience. I am a big believer in karma and I feel like he showboats to much, and everytime he does the football Gods hit him with a fumble. Also I really appreciate you being the positive energy in the game thread the last few weeks! Keep the faith my brother!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

All I could think of when Ridley fumbled his last time with Denver was Berman screaming, "Whoop" in a high pitched girl voice

http://youtu.be/USUPRBoQiZk

I could tell the last game was difficult for everyone to hold onto the ball, but this has been a problem with Ridley for the past few games.  That being said, his fumble percentages were not that bad from 2011-2012. 

http://nflmanniac.blogspot.com/2013/02/nfl-running-back-ball-security-fumble.html

That blog did a good job of breaking down the average fumble percentages in the NFL and the average among running backs was about 1% of the time.  Ridley fell right in the middle of the pack in that regard and Blount was actually down the bottom of the pack with a roughly 2% fumble rate. 

From 2011-2012, Ridley's fumble % was 1.295%

2013 Ridley's fumble % is 2.22%, but those fumbles came at bad times and directly affected the games score and potential outcome.  Now that is close to Blount's 2.013% that he had from 2010-2012, but his numbers are not showing this trend over that amount of time.  This should be a learning curve and Bill is consistent with his punishment for this problem. 

I'm saying for the fans to not go all chicken little because of three fumbles.  Yes it is not great and it's not the Law Firm, but he should move closer to his career mark that was about league average given enough time and opportunity.  That said, he better do it quick so he can crawl out of the dog house some more and give this team a solid contribution for the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get help.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That being said, his fumble percentages were not that bad from 2011-2012. 

[/QUOTE]

How are they in the playoffs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one rooting for this guy . . . he has talent.  Tiki Barber was one of the worst for fumbles but the Giants worked with him and he became a very steady running back for them, so it can be done!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I've ALWAYS been a huge fan of Ridley. and last year, i felt fumbling wasnt too much of an issue with the amount of carries he took. the playoff fumble v. ravens was BS. but this year it frustrates me.

althoguh i think the denver fumble was a combo of bad playcall, poor execution (pulling guard was no where to be found) an a really good hit helmet on ball by Woodyard. Ridley's situation cant have that happening. i think they should cut back his carries to 12-15. i like bolden, not as a total lead back. Rusty has a good take on it. i like the Bolden 40%, Ridley 40%, and Vereen 20%. we will need Ridley to run hard in the playoffs. he needs his confidence back. bench him, but not totally, just limit carries and slowly increase his role as we progress

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you tell me since you are the one with a question?  I did the work to pull up the other stats.

Josh McDaniels doesn't seem to be overreacting:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/26/josh-mcdaniels-expresses-great-confidence-in-stevan-ridley/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

" the small mistakes"

A small mistake would be hitting the wrong hole and getting stuffed.  Fumblitis is a terminal disease.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

fum·ble  (fmbl)

v. fum·bled, fum·bling, fum·bles

v.intr.

1. To touch or handle nervously or idly: fumble with a necktie.

2. To grope awkwardly to find or to accomplish something: fumble for a key.

3. To proceed awkwardly and uncertainly; blunder: fumble through a speech.

a. Football To drop a ball that is in play......ex: Ridley rb New England Patriots

b. Baseball To mishandle a ground ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

I really do feel for the guy. BB is probably going to have to roll dice with him, again. But, his fumbling could cost the Pats a shot at another championship.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Ridley is humble and hard on himself. He can only get better . Many good running  backle had fumble issues early in their careers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As the guy who coined the Ridler nickname--works even better since he's a riddle himself--I really want this guy to succeed since he's the best back on the roster, and probably our best back since 2004 Corey Dillon, but he's got to fix that. 

He can't keep doing that, I hope he fixes it sooner rather than later because we'll need him in the snow and Blount and "boulder legs" Bolden won't cut it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Although I've become frustrated with Ridley (like no else is?) I think the kid has the potential to do well.  If there is a way to overcome his ball security issues, BB will find it.

[/QUOTE]

BB could try making him write on the chalkbard 10,000 times....

"I'M A SICKENING LITTLE FUMBLER AND I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN"

That might be a start. He could also duct tape a ball to his hands and leave him that way for a month.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He can only get better .

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. And who wants to pay the price for him learning this, even if he can, when most backs are washed up within 5 years?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

I really do feel for the guy. BB is probably going to have to roll dice with him, again. But, his fumbling could cost the Pats a shot at another championship.

[/QUOTE]

If BB keeps this sickening little fumbler out there, he WILL cost us a championship.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you tell me since you are the one with a question?  I did the work to pull up the other stats.

Josh McDaniels doesn't seem to be overreacting:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/26/josh-mcdaniels-expresses-great-confidence-in-stevan-ridley/

[/QUOTE]

He has fumbled about every 16 carries in the playoffs. Atrocious.

Sections
Shortcuts