Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dillon carried the rock almost 350 times in the SB season.  There's no way Ridley will ever get the ball as often.  But...it'll be worth keeping an eye on the carry/fumble ratio.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley is on pace for 1300+ yards. Thats pretty dillon like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i really never understood why ridley didnt play in the playoffs, he was a good player last year too and it sure would have helped against the giants....but anyways, he had a great game....the fumble sucked, but you cant ash for much more out of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dillon carried the rock almost 350 times in the SB season.  There's no way Ridley will ever get the ball as often.  But...it'll be worth keeping an eye on the carry/fumble ratio.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley is on pace for 1300+ yards. Thats pretty dillon like.

[/QUOTE]

With how game plans change and whatnot...I just can't see him reaching anywhere close.  I'll be curious to see how his fumble/carry ratio turns out.  But if the pace holds up...yeah, 326 is right in the wheelhouse and certainly comparable.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB will probably sit him for a few series but he'll see the field again soon.  Probably will in Seattle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bill is extremely pissed. Probably will trade him for BJGE.

[/QUOTE]

What a schlub. What can we trade for you? Better yet, what do we need to give someone to take you off our hands?

[/QUOTE]

+1.

[/QUOTE]

Since you like the name calling so much, I offer you the same deal. Want some?

[/QUOTE]

Name calling won't really hurt anyone. It's just going to make you look bad and takes away from this forum. Let it go and let's just talk Patriots. 

Isnt it great to see this improved running game? Brady is even more deadly now, he played a great game. I really feel good about this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

2 fumbles in 103 runs = BAD

but they cant sit him... they need him.

hope he can fix this thing...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. BB won't tolerate too many fumbles.
    He fumbled the ball in the end zone today and when he went down out of bounds against the ravens too. Ridley is an elite back and I'm sure that he's working hard to correct the fumbling problem. Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot more than Ridley but he's too valuable to keep out of the game .  It looks like Ridley is improving with ball security but he still has to get better. Patriot players just don't turn the ball over like guys on other teams do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a schlub. What can we trade for you? Better yet, what do we need to give someone to take you off our hands?

[/QUOTE]

+1.

[/QUOTE]

Since you like the name calling so much, I offer you the same deal. Want some?

[/QUOTE]

Name calling won't really hurt anyone. It's just going to make you look bad and takes away from this forum. Let it go and let's just talk Patriots. 

Isnt it great to see this improved running game? Brady is even more deadly now, he played a great game. I really feel good about this team.

[/QUOTE]

Are you telling the people who keep personally attacking me that? Didn't think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd say BB will punish him during the week and sit him for first series of next weekend's game, but I don't think it would be a good idea for BB to sit him for an important game.

[/QUOTE]

you dont sit him at all. coach/practive him up on technique and stop undermining his confidence by treating him like a bad dog or something. from alst year it has been eroding his confidence (this lead to more errors). talent plus technique plus confidence produces good results (as does reward whiich works 300% greater than punishmetn in producing results).  fear, shame, self doubt and loathing lead to lack of confidence and errors on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill sat Wes, so who knows. Seattle has a great pass rush so I sure hope not. His fumbling probably cost him the playoffs last year.

[/QUOTE]

i would say that 
    bb's response to "the fumble" cost the patriots playoff last year.

that and even worse game calling by obrian

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I sure hope not. Ridley is an animal, give him the ball!

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fumbles happen.  As long as it doesn't become a habit he'll be fine.  I think players are even more prone to fumble after 20 carries when fatigue sets in and the other team needs a strip.  Bolden hasn't shown me the same change of direction as Ridley.  Bolden may start next week, but Ridley will play.

Let's remember Dillon fumbled 5 times in the SB season but he kept getting the rock.

[/QUOTE]

great backs fumble.

playeers fumble, no matter hwo good.

build themn up, dont tear them down (most smart coaches dont...in teh modern era)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill sat Wes, so who knows. Seattle has a great pass rush so I sure hope not. His fumbling probably cost him the playoffs last year.

[/QUOTE]

And sitting him might have cost the Pats the SB. Shouldn't be so stubborn that you cut off your nose to spite your face.

[/QUOTE]

voice of reason.

and i said the same thing since preseason last year.

his skill and potential were evident.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i really never understood why ridley didnt play in the playoffs, he was a good player last year too and it sure would have helped against the giants....but anyways, he had a great game....the fumble sucked, but you cant ash for much more out of him.

[/QUOTE]

+1

they ought to stop humiliating him when he does.

they need to put him right bakc out there necxt time and show that they support and believe in him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. BB won't tolerate too many fumbles.
    He fumbled the ball in the end zone today and when he went down out of bounds against the ravens too. Ridley is an elite back and I'm sure that he's working hard to correct the fumbling problem. Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot more than Ridley but he's too valuable to keep out of the game .  It looks like Ridley is improving with ball security but he still has to get better. Patriot players just don't turn the ball over like guys on other teams do.

[/QUOTE]

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I said it the past 3 weeks, every time Ridley carries the ball, he scares me. 

Fumbles are part of the game. But Ridley is using poor technique and not taking what is practiced into the game. Whether it is fatigue or habit, he is not carrying the ball properly against his body. It is easy to see, and I am sure practiced, but he is not doing it in games. The fumble wont get him in the dog house, the poor technique will. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Please get the ignore button fixed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

[/QUOTE]

you dont sit him at all. coach/practive him up on technique and stop undermining his confidence by treating him like a bad dog or something. from alst year it has been eroding his confidence (this lead to more errors). talent plus technique plus confidence produces good results (as does reward whiich works 300% greater than punishmetn in producing results).  fear, shame, self doubt and loathing lead to lack of confidence and errors on the field.

[/QUOTE]

Well, we'll know soon enuf.  Like peeps have said, BB is somewhat unpredictable when it comes to stuff like this. Remember, this is the same BB who fairly recently, made Ridley a healthy scratch from the SB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Gronk & Welker both had big fumbles last week, and they weren't punished....and they shouldn't be. BB would have to be the stupidest coach on Earth to bench Ridley over a fumble. My God, the kid ran 150 yards yesterday, and is a HUGE part of this offense. No way is this kid is getting benched.

Why is it that so many people want to think that BB has to have players in the "doghouse" everytime they do something wrong, or if they don't get a lot of calls. Just look at the BS flung around about Welker being phased out of the offense earlier this year....how's that theory working out?

Ridley is a beast, and there's no way in he!! that BB doesn't see that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope he doesn't bench this kid, it will kill his confidence.

I like him so far as runner - he runs a little out of control, but he's got better at it every week. His arms are closer to his body now and his pad level is lower. The ball doesn't appear to be out there for the whole world to see either...I can certainly live with the fumble he had yesterday.

There must of been 5 times yesterday where it looked like he would get a yard or no gain (in fact the announcer would say 1 yard gain...only to see Ridley duck and slither low for three more yards). Impressive stuff for sure. This is the stuff that I like to see - he looks like he's learning to run and see things - he's getting very low and squezing ahead for more yards that really aren't there. I can't tell you how many times tacklers were closing in on him yesterday and the guy just quickly bent at the waist before contact and drove low for two to three more yards.

I'd love to see him get 25 plus carries a week - he's young - he can handle it. Run his legs off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

If people got benched every time they fumbled, this league wouldn't have many star players left. Fumbles happen....even to HOF players. This kid is young, and he is clearly a special runner. He sees the field well, and his cuts are fast & furious. He is all over getting to 1000 yards this season. BB would have to be deaf, dumb & blind not to see that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This your big solution for another 2 fumbles by the offense?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

what's interesting is that Ridley said he was focusing on NOT fumbling on that series. Looked at that play again and noticed he was holding onto ball with one hand vs. two.

When it comes to gaining another 1st down, running the clock down, and securing the ball - wouldn't he want to use two hands to secure ball?