Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Re: Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

So does that mean Brady doesn't play either because he fumbled as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

prolly not.  Like I said, it will be interesting to see what happens come game time. I don't think it'll be any worse than sitting for first series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

Yeah, I'd say BB will punish him during the week and sit him for first series of next weekend's game, but I don't think it would be a good idea for BB to sit him for an important game.

We saw more Boldin Last week than this week and more Ridley the week before. I don't think he'll be punished with game time but I bet he gets his nutz broke in practice this week. That wasn't an awful fumble technique-wise but I bet they just put a little emphasis on it during the week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The coaching staff should put themselves in the doghouse for trying to go for it on 4th down and compounding that mistake by calling a play that not only didn't get the first down but gave the Broncos the ball on our 42.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

The coaching staff should put themselves in the doghouse for trying to go for it on 4th down and compounding that mistake by calling a play that not only didn't get the first down but gave the Broncos the ball on our 42.

true... there was the red flag that BB threw in the first half too...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No worries...he will be workign on ball security this week in practice. I don't think BB will sit him, nor start Bolden. I do think BB needs to lessen his load a bit and possibly use Ridley and Bolden equally. I want to also see more of Vereen...he is getting near ready to explode.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When you say "coaching staff" you mean BB right? Or do you think Brady even tells BB when he wants to go for it on 4th down?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

When you say "coaching staff" you mean BB right? Or do you think Brady even tells BB when he wants to go for it on 4th down?

Well princess since you're smarter than everyone else who do you think made the call?

As for your other whine...you sound like you have PMS again and are as usual making things up to give you something to cry about. Perhaps you should make an appointment with your gynecologist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

what's interesting is that Ridley said he was focusing on NOT fumbling on that series. Looked at that play again and noticed he was holding onto ball with one hand vs. two.

When it comes to gaining another 1st down, running the clock down, and securing the ball - wouldn't he want to use two hands to secure ball?

I know what you're saying - two hands are better than one, but how many times do you actually see these guys carry it with both hands on it? In certain situations, sure and that may have been a situation where it warranted it, but it's hard to go fast and gain yards when you have two hands on that thing. It slows you down, a lot. Now most good runners secure it well with one hand and will put both of them on there when they feel contact - I'd like to see him do that. Did you see that returner for Cleveland yesterday? Cribbs ran one out with one hand on the ball for the whole world to see, and the Giants popped that thing out of there - as long as Ridley's not running like that I'll be happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well princess since you're smarter than everyone else who do you think made the call?

As for your other whine...you sound like you have PMS again and are as usual making things up to give you something to cry about. Perhaps you should make an appointment with your gynecologist.

Pathetic. Call people feminine while you post from multiple accounts. Get a life Rusty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

what's interesting is that Ridley said he was focusing on NOT fumbling on that series. Looked at that play again and noticed he was holding onto ball with one hand vs. two.

When it comes to gaining another 1st down, running the clock down, and securing the ball - wouldn't he want to use two hands to secure ball?

I know what you're saying - two hands are better than one, but how many times do you actually see these guys carry it with both hands on it? In certain situations, sure and that may have been a situation where it warranted it, but it's hard to go fast and gain yards when you have two hands on that thing. It slows you down, a lot. Now most good runners secure it well with one hand and will put both of them on there when they feel contact - I'd like to see him do that. Did you see that returner for Cleveland yesterday? Cribbs ran one out with one hand on the ball for the whole world to see, and the Giants popped that thing out of there - as long as Ridley's not running like that I'll be happy.

well, actually I do see RBs covering up w/ two hands in that kind of a situation when running into a mess of players in that particular game situation.  BB is known for situational football, right? Isn't that one of them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

It wasn't just that fumble though. He also fumbled it in the end zone after scoring the TD. I obviously want him on the field as much as possible but like someone said earlier, Belichek is a Parcells guy and in his eyes fumblers were the scum of the earth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Nah, he will hear about it but Ridleys got too much game to sit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

Bill is extremely pissed. Probably will trade him for BJGE.

What a schlub. What can we trade for you? Better yet, what do we need to give someone to take you off our hands?

+1.

Since you like the name calling so much, I offer you the same deal. Want some?

LMFAO!!! What is this 2nd grade? Wahhh I'm calling you a name!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

It's not like we haven't been watching BB and co. go for it on fourth down in that no-mans-land territory for the last twelve years.  This isn't new territory here.  Parcells did the same thing before him.  It was a sound call...and considering your kicker has sucked from that range...no way.  Going for it was the right call.

I'm putting the execution of the offense in the dog house on that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like how Ridley fights for extra yardage.  That's a good thing.  My only gripe is that he tends to do a pirouette-like move before he goes down which puts the ball in a vulnerable position to be knocked free.  (Like yesterday if memory serves.)  I'd rather he put two arms on the ball and get 1 yard less at times.  It's hard to fault a guy for extra effort though.  

Bruschi in particular is all over Ridley for being a fumbler.  Every RB fumbles, not sure why Tedy seems to question Ridley so much.  Bruschi said in a column that Ridely is getting a reputation across the league for coughing up the ball.  I think that is a bit unfair to say that at this point.  I think Ridley in unquestionably a talented back, the best on the roster.  I think it hurts the team to give him less carries. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I like how Ridley fights for extra yardage.  That's a good thing.  My only gripe is that he tends to do a pirouette-like move before he goes down which puts the ball in a vulnerable position to be knocked free.  (Like yesterday if memory serves.)  I'd rather he put two arms on the ball and get 1 yard less at times.  It's hard to fault a guy for extra effort though.  

Bruschi in particular is all over Ridley for being a fumbler.  Every RB fumbles, not sure why Tedy seems to question Ridley so much.  Bruschi said in a column that Ridely is getting a reputation across the league for coughing up the ball.  I think that is a bit unfair to say that at this point.  I think Ridley in unquestionably a talented back, the best on the roster.  I think it hurts the team to give him less carries. 

i like that Ridley and Bolden fight for extra yards too. Going back to the end of 2011, at what point would he deserve the reputation of having fumbilitis?

No matter. Would like to see him, Bolden, and Vereen get some touches if/when needed against the Seahawks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 15315k's comment:

What a schlub. What can we trade for you? Better yet, what do we need to give someone to take you off our hands?

+1.

Decided to dust of this other fake account eh Rusty? Mom must be proud.

Hey, people here cried about the name calling and personal attacks. Then the same ones who cried about it do it. Just pointing that out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In response to 15315k's comment:

+1.

Decided to dust of this other fake account eh Rusty? Mom must be proud.

Hey, people here cried about the name calling and personal attacks. Then the same ones who cried about it do it. Just pointing that out.

I'll be rusty that's cool by me. I got you fooled again troll. Waaah waaaah my names baby parelli and I'll call you a name then I'll call you rusty.... 

Oooh that hurts sooo much ! Please don't call me rusty!

LMFAO!!! What a tool, do you know anything about football tool?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Gronk & Welker both had big fumbles last week, and they weren't punished....and they shouldn't be. BB would have to be the stupidest coach on Earth to bench Ridley over a fumble. My God, the kid ran 150 yards yesterday, and is a HUGE part of this offense. No way is this kid is getting benched.

Why is it that so many people want to think that BB has to have players in the "doghouse" everytime they do something wrong, or if they don't get a lot of calls. Just look at the BS flung around about Welker being phased out of the offense earlier this year....how's that theory working out?

Ridley is a beast, and there's no way in he!! that BB doesn't see that.

he did last year... could have cost a super bowl

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I hope he doesn't bench this kid, it will kill his confidence.

I like him so far as runner - he runs a little out of control, but he's got better at it every week. His arms are closer to his body now and his pad level is lower. The ball doesn't appear to be out there for the whole world to see either...I can certainly live with the fumble he had yesterday.

There must of been 5 times yesterday where it looked like he would get a yard or no gain (in fact the announcer would say 1 yard gain...only to see Ridley duck and slither low for three more yards). Impressive stuff for sure. This is the stuff that I like to see - he looks like he's learning to run and see things - he's getting very low and squezing ahead for more yards that really aren't there. I can't tell you how many times tacklers were closing in on him yesterday and the guy just quickly bent at the waist before contact and drove low for two to three more yards.

I'd love to see him get 25 plus carries a week - he's young - he can handle it. Run his legs off.

" hope he doesn't bench this kid, it will kill his confidence."

the benching last year is already in his head. past damage done. more of teh same could change his career. also coudl casue him to beceom a fumblin machine.

id like 18-22 ish. 

we got balden as  as ledgehammer and should use him as such.

keep ridleys legs for the playoffs and sb.

in fact after game i was thinking we might want to play bolden more against seattle. 

running against them may be like throwing a hammer agaisnt a wall.

bolden would be a better tool for the job if that ends upo being the case.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

If people got benched every time they fumbled, this league wouldn't have many star players left. Fumbles happen....even to HOF players. This kid is young, and he is clearly a special runner. He sees the field well, and his cuts are fast & furious. He is all over getting to 1000 yards this season. BB would have to be deaf, dumb & blind not to see that.

lets hope. it woudlnt be the first time bb cut his nose off....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

"he was focusing on NOT fumbling"

fear is not yoru friend when performinng on the field. more punusihment can create more of it, affectign performance

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:

Yeah, I'd say BB will punish him during the week and sit him for first series of next weekend's game, but I don't think it would be a good idea for BB to sit him for an important game.

We saw more Boldin Last week than this week and more Ridley the week before. I don't think he'll be punished with game time but I bet he gets his nutz broke in practice this week. That wasn't an awful fumble technique-wise but I bet they just put a little emphasis on it during the week.

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

No worries...he will be workign on ball security this week in practice. I don't think BB will sit him, nor start Bolden. I do think BB needs to lessen his load a bit and possibly use Ridley and Bolden equally. I want to also see more of Vereen...he is getting near ready to explode.

give me ridley 15-20% more than bolden; work in vereen.

ridley is my feature back.

love bolden and what he brings. country strong workhorse

Sections
Shortcuts