Ridley Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Ridley Update

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I wouldn't listen to the naysayers on evaluating talent or determining who is going to do well in the future. These are guys who are frequently wrong but never in doubt. There opinions are expressed with a level of certainty that is actually impossible to have when you are dealing with a young player. Too many things can change. So my suggestion is to trust your own eyes and the evaluation of professional management and ignore the prognostications of the doomsayers.

As I have said in another thread, Ridley has much still to learn but he shows quite a lot of promise. I was shocked to see where his YPC average is compared to other RBs from the past. I think he has deceptive talent. If he can improve ball security and learn to catch on the run, he has a chance to become a core part of the offensive talent for this team.

I challenge you to provide any instances of me being wrong in this context.

Well, in this particular context of whether Ridley is a "stiff," it's too early to tell if you are right or wrong. Time will tell. I am willing to predict that he will, at a minimum, be a solid NFL running back, and has the possible upside of being one of the top 5-10 active RB's. I do not believe he "blows." Both words in italics are words you have used to describe him. We can wait until the end of the season and then decide whether you were right in this context or not. A simple sorry will be required from the loser of this contest. OK?

ok

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I wouldn't listen to the naysayers on evaluating talent or determining who is going to do well in the future. These are guys who are frequently wrong but never in doubt. There opinions are expressed with a level of certainty that is actually impossible to have when you are dealing with a young player. Too many things can change. So my suggestion is to trust your own eyes and the evaluation of professional management and ignore the prognostications of the doomsayers.

As I have said in another thread, Ridley has much still to learn but he shows quite a lot of promise. I was shocked to see where his YPC average is compared to other RBs from the past. I think he has deceptive talent. If he can improve ball security and learn to catch on the run, he has a chance to become a core part of the offensive talent for this team.

Well, in this particular context of whether Ridley is a "stiff," it's too early to tell if you are right or wrong. Time will tell. I am willing to predict that he will, at a minimum, be a solid NFL running back, and has the possible upside of being one of the top 5-10 active RB's. I do not believe he "blows." Both words in italics are words you have used to describe him. We can wait until the end of the season and then decide whether you were right in this context or not. A simple sorry will be required from the loser of this contest. OK?

ok

Wow...that's so subdued.  Looks like someone took that walk outside, like I suggested.  Regarding Ridley...I am leaning toward NEINMD's line of thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

ok

Wow...that's so subdued.  Looks like someone took that walk outside, like I suggested.  Regarding Ridley...I am leaning toward NEINMD's line of thinking.

Fool, you're on ignore. I don't take you seriously. It's a waste  of time to read anything you have to say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

ok

Fool, you're on ignore. I don't take you seriously. It's a waste  of time to read anything you have to say.

Babe, I have got to say, for all of your bluster, you really do make me laugh!  You do know that this is the second time inside of 12 hours that you have banished me to Ignore-Island!  You say that you don't take me seriously and that it's a waste of time to read my posts, but you've responded to me twice, in the process of ignoring me! 

That's okay.  I'll continue to believe that you probably are a good person.  I have no reason to believe otherwise.  Sure, your posts tend to be hostile, rigid, and demeaning to other people, but that may be a little game you like to play online.  No one knows what any of the posters on this board are really like.  I always try to remind myself of that, when I read some of the exchanges between posters here.  Anyway, you keep cyber-slamming people and I will continue to try to reign you in!  And I still think NEINMD is right, by the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ok

Babe, I have got to say, for all of your bluster, you really do make me laugh!  You do know that this is the second time inside of 12 hours that you have banished me to Ignore-Island!  You say that you don't take me seriously and that it's a waste of time to read my posts, but you've responded to me twice, in the process of ignoring me! 

That's okay.  I'll continue to believe that you probably are a good person.  I have no reason to believe otherwise.  Sure, your posts tend to be hostile, rigid, and demeaning to other people, but that may be a little game you like to play online.  No one knows what any of the posters on this board are really like.  I always try to remind myself of that, when I read some of the exchanges between posters here.  Anyway, you keep cyber-slamming people and I will continue to try to reign you in!  And I still think NEINMD is right, by the way.

Okay, I'll give you another chance. What you say here seems reasonable. I keep telling people not to take this football talk so seriously, but like in most things; they don't listen.

He's wrong; so you're wrong. I mean, who am I ever wrong about? Nobody.

You were never off ignore island. I just informed you of your status 2x. I'm trying to cull the truly worthless posters from my view to save some of that short time tanbASS informed me I have left.

I look occasionally at the banished to see if they are replying directly to me, so I can inform them I'm not actually reading what they say. It's a courtesy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

ok

Okay, I'll give you another chance. What you say here seems reasonable. I keep telling people not to take this football talk so seriously, but like in most things; they don't listen.

He's wrong; so you're wrong. I mean, who am I ever wrong about? Nobody.

You were never off ignore island. I just informed you of your status 2x. I'm trying to cull the truly worthless posters from my view to save some of that short time tanbASS informed me I have left.

I look occasionally at the banished to see if they are replying directly to me, so I can inform them I'm not actually reading what they say. It's a courtesy.

Well, thanks for the courtesy.  I appreciate that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

cynalcpatfan and babeparilli you two are truly pathetic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to grego84's comment:

You have us both trumped on that twit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley is solid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew Brees is good, Aaron Rodgers is better, Peyton Manning is even better, but Tom Brady is the best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

Lets do the math Babe ...

you've been posting since 5/2008, lets just call it 5 years to be clean.  Over that time you've posted almost 15,000 times, which breaks down to more than 8 posts a day (most of which i'd imagine are responses to people who get under your skin).  Judging by your picture and name, you really like Babe Parilli, a player from the 60s.  Doing some more math (slow down if this is moving too fast for you), you're an old man.  An old man posting all day on a message board, I'd say, is quite pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I'm not going to get involved in the back and forth between posters here, but I want to post on football related stuff.

First of all, Bolden and Blount are both very solid backs and if Ridley can't go then we are in good shape.  I think Bolden is a much more similar runner to Ridley as he hits holes hard and is a more north south runner.  Blount is the feast or famine type of runner who is capable of ripping off the big run as we have seen in a couple games as well as preseason.  When Blount does run like his size seems like he should, he can be an effective closer and closed out strong two games ago.

Ridley has been losing snaps to both runners right along, but he is the runner that is the most consistent.  He rarely loses yards and gives a more consistent approach to running north and south than any runner besides Bolden.  It is because of these reasons that I think Bolden will be the player who gets the biggest increase in snaps and I think the drop off will be nominal.  This is the second day that Ridley missed practice, so it is unlikely that he will get too many meaningful snaps in the game if any at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Let me quess... your on ignore now  ha ha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Game one: Ridley (who blows) fumbles the ball without anybody actually touching him. (plus another fumble that wasn't called a fumble.)

Game two: Blount had more yards per carry.

Game three: Blount had more yards per carry.

Game four: Blount had more yards per carry.

Ridley is Maroney II.

no arguing game one, totally agree. Ridley played like sh*t. Game two, i just told you i agreed with you that Blount did run better than ridley that night. week 3 yes blount had more yards and YPC but it was garbage time but i can agree ok yes statistically he did better. Week 4, look at the game film Ridley consistently ran better than blount. like i said takeaway the big TD run Blount was pacing for 8 carries for 15 yards. Ridley was avg 4.5 YPC. he was consitently better.

Ridley is certianly not Maroney II. The 1200 yard season should show that for itself. Yes Ridley has def sucked this year, but Blount has had ample oppurtinity to totally take the RB job but cant because his stats aren't much better than Ridley's.

Also, me disagreeing with you about our views on Ridley should not affect all of my football knwledge. yes, i do kinda back up Ridley a ton and so far this year Ridley has given me no evidence to back it, but i like the kid and think he has talent. He's our second most talented back behind Vereen. My one opinon on Ridley that you don't agree with shouldn't make everything i say senseless.  

Joe - I agree with you. Babe is defending a guy that was traded for a ham Sandwich. No way he is better than Ridley over 16 games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Now, that's a pretty antagonistic thing to say, don't you think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Game one: Ridley (who blows) fumbles the ball without anybody actually touching him. (plus another fumble that wasn't called a fumble.)

Ridley is Maroney II.

no arguing game one, totally agree. Ridley played like sh*t. Game two, i just told you i agreed with you that Blount did run better than ridley that night. week 3 yes blount had more yards and YPC but it was garbage time but i can agree ok yes statistically he did better. Week 4, look at the game film Ridley consistently ran better than blount. like i said takeaway the big TD run Blount was pacing for 8 carries for 15 yards. Ridley was avg 4.5 YPC. he was consitently better.

Ridley is certianly not Maroney II. The 1200 yard season should show that for itself. Yes Ridley has def sucked this year, but Blount has had ample oppurtinity to totally take the RB job but cant because his stats aren't much better than Ridley's.

Also, me disagreeing with you about our views on Ridley should not affect all of my football knwledge. yes, i do kinda back up Ridley a ton and so far this year Ridley has given me no evidence to back it, but i like the kid and think he has talent. He's our second most talented back behind Vereen. My one opinon on Ridley that you don't agree with shouldn't make everything i say senseless.  

Joe - I agree with you. Babe is defending a guy that was traded for a ham Sandwich. No way he is better than Ridley over 16 games. 

thank you hub. Babe just hates ridley and i dont understand why.. ridley isnt all-pro but he is very solid. i agree with a lot of things babe says except this and he 'ignores' me nw cuz apprently i know nothing about football but i think many would agree ridely is the best RB we have

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Ahhhhh, 

It's great to come here for entertainment when the Jerry Springer Show is not on.  Just thing if we were all together in one room, there would be people throwing punches and tearing the place up.   LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Ridley is Maroney II.

Ridley is certianly not Maroney II. The 1200 yard season should show that for itself. Yes Ridley has def sucked this year, but Blount has had ample oppurtinity to totally take the RB job but cant because his stats aren't much better than Ridley's 

thank you hub. Babe just hates ridley and i dont understand why.. ridley isnt all-pro but he is very solid. i agree with a lot of things babe says except this and he 'ignores' me nw cuz apprently i know nothing about football but i think many would agree ridely is the best RB we have

Time will prove you right. Even if he fumbles again he is still gives us the best shot at winning over the long hall. Runs hard, great per carrier average, good protection and love him off the screen. 31 other teams would add him to their roster. Only 5 (max) would add Blount.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley is Maroney II.

Ridley is certianly not Maroney II. The 1200 yard season should show that for itself. Yes Ridley has def sucked this year, but Blount has had ample oppurtinity to totally take the RB job but cant because his stats aren't much better than Ridley's 

Time will prove you right. Even if he fumbles again he is still gives us the best shot at winning over the long hall. Runs hard, great per carrier average, good protection and love him off the screen. 31 other teams would add him to their roster. Only 5 (max) would add Blount.  

exactly my point!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Ridley is Maroney II.

No doubt about it.  Regarding his fumbling issue...I think it's a little overblown.  I know that it has happened at a few inopportune times, but the fact is that it doesn't really happen all that often.  I think it's also encouraging to see that he is beginning to be used more as a receiver out of the back field.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley is Maroney II.

No doubt about it.  Regarding his fumbling issue...I think it's a little overblown.  I know that it has happened at a few inopportune times, but the fact is that it doesn't really happen all that often.  I think it's also encouraging to see that he is beginning to be used more as a receiver out of the back field.

exactly, a couple of his fumbles yes were bad but another couple were jsut fluke/weird plays. Ridley is good

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Ridley is Maroney II.

exactly, a couple of his fumbles yes were bad but another couple were jsut fluke/weird plays. Ridley is good

Absolutely.  How many football players do you know of that can maintain possession of the ball after being knocked unconscious?  I only saw it once, in a Patriots game, from years ago.  Bledsoe was qb and I believe they were playing the Bills.  I think it was a receiver who got knocked out.  When he landed, I believe it was his foot that was resting on the ball while his upper body was laying just out of bounds.  Consequently, the Patriots retained possession, even though the Bills player picked it up.  You don't see that kind of play too often!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ridley is Maroney II.

Absolutely.  How many football players do you know of that can maintain possession of the ball after being knocked unconscious?  I only saw it once, in a Patriots game, from years ago.  Bledsoe was qb and I believe they were playing the Bills.  I think it was a receiver who got knocked out.  When he landed, I believe it was his foot that was resting on the ball while his upper body was laying just out of bounds.  Consequently, the Patriots retained possession, even though the Bills player picked it up.  You don't see that kind of play too often!

Hahhaa, That was the Bills or Bears game with David Patten, I wanna say in 02'? And Brady was the Qb but yea that play saved the game. Good memories

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ridley is Maroney II.

Hahhaa, That was the Bills or Bears game with David Patten, I wanna say in 02'? And Brady was the Qb but yea that play saved the game. Good memories

I remember that particular play quite well.  Buddy of mine referred to poor DP as Mr. Unconscious after that.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Lets do the math Babe ...

you've been posting since 5/2008, lets just call it 5 years to be clean.  Over that time you've posted almost 15,000 times, which breaks down to more than 8 posts a day (most of which i'd imagine are responses to people who get under your skin).  Judging by your picture and name, you really like Babe Parilli, a player from the 60s.  Doing some more math (slow down if this is moving too fast for you), you're an old man.  An old man posting all day on a message board, I'd say, is quite pathetic.

I'd say somebody posting on a message board and actually doing the math to calculate the frequency some other person posts on that board in some sort of demented little weenie crybaby manner is 1000 times more pathetic than taking 10-15 minutes a day on average to post 8 times while doing other things on the PC.

Or did you think it took more than a minute to point out what a worthless tool you are here?

Here's a tip; your 115 posts are 115 too many. Do the rest of us a favor and slow it down to about one a decade. Thanks in advance.

Sections
Shortcuts