Ridley vs BJGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Ridley vs BJGE

Against Buffalo:

BJGE had  10 carries for 18 yards = 1.8 Yards Per Carry

Ridley had  6  carries for 42 yards = 7.0 Yards Per Carry

Against Oakland:

Ridley had 10 carries for 97 yards = 9.7 Yards Per Carry

BJGE had  16 carries for 75 yards = 4.7 Yards Per Carry

It's a good problem to have... but Ridley is the better back.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Ridley vs BJGE

In Response to Ridley vs BJGE:
    Against Buffalo:  BJGE had  10 carries for 18 yards = 1.8 Yards Per Carry  Ridley had  6  carries for 42 yards = 7.0 Yards Per Carry Need I say More...?
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida

Okay, Patsfan, when you're coach for a day we'll sit the firm.
    Hey, I do hope to see more Ridley, but you can't discount BJGE.
    I'm typing from Ft Myers, btw. Where u at ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley vs BJGE:
    In Response to Ridley vs BJGE : Okay, Patsfan, when you're coach for a day we'll sit the firm. Hey, I do hope to see more Ridley, but you can't discount BJGE. I'm typing from Ft Myers, btw. Where u at ?
    Posted by Hog73

Oh... I get it... lets continue to try running the ball with our Mediocre RB so that we have to abandon the running game and become one dimensional.

Sarasota by the way...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Ridley vs BJGE:
    Against Buffalo:  BJGE had  10 carries for 18 yards = 1.8 Yards Per Carry  Ridley had  6  carries for 42 yards = 7.0 Yards Per Carry Need I say More...?

Yeah lets cherry pick stats. Here are BJGE career stats. Those last 2 zero's are for fumbles occurred and fumbles lost. 20 tds to zero fumbles in a career, yeah the guy is a bum. Anyway I want to see Ridley as well but lets not try and turn this into a BJGE suks deal because it simply is not true.
    Career403631,5194.233209700

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Ridley will never get more reps the BJGE until he gets very good at blitz pickup which it's highly unlikely he is. They pass too much to make him a liablility like that. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah he can run with the ball but the most important element to being a Patriots rotation RB is that you are able to pick up any potential blizter,because regardless of who you are stature wise in the RB world Brady is the elite QB every team wishes they had. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

patsfan acts like he's seven.  he didn't store anything you were arguing king. 

pats fan

3rd and 20 plays will net more avg per carry. 

get it now?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I want to see more Ridley

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Dont worry guys, the bad weather will be coming and we will see more of.......law firm and Ridley. We may even get a Shane Vereen sighting. I think its clear to BB that BJGE is the lead back and he is bringing Ridley along slowly. I expect in the last 7 or 8 games of the season BB will rotate them each series like he tends to do with his backs. But King made one GREAT point above; BJGE does NOT fumble! Do you realize what an asset that is? I would take a back that avgs 4.0 ypc and NEVER fumbles, than a guy who avg's 4.8 but fumbles every 2nd or 3rd game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

patsfan acts like he's seven.  he didn't store anything you were arguing king.  pats fan 3rd and 20 plays will net more avg per carry.  get it now?
    Posted by ssmilloy36

Another genius emerges...  it never ceases to amaze me how the average person will refuse to acknowledge the obvious.

... here's a question that should really stump you:

What is the downside to increasing Ridley's carries?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I like BJGE alot.  My only concern was in the Buffalo game he was doing his best Maroney imitation where he got to the line, studder steps, and then goes nowhere.  Hopefully just a one game hiccup. 

As for playing the rookies over BJGE, why else do you spend a 2nd and 3rd pick on people if you don't expect to see them on the field?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Ridley vs BJGE : Another genius emerges...  it never ceases to amaze me how the average person will refuse to acknowledge the obvious. ... here's a question that should really stump you: What is the downside to increasing Ridley's carries?

The down side is he is a rookie and this is the NFL. We throw 50 times a game unfortunately. If you do not see the possible negative effects this could have then it is you who refuses to acknowledge the obvious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the running game has looked pretty weak thus far

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Poor analysis. It's the same excuse irrationals used in the Jets playoff loss.  It's not how many carries.   It's when, the flow of the game, the calling, the adjusting, etc. When you shuffle BJGE onto the field after using Woodhead on a passing down, what does that tell the D, after you have been passing 80% of the time for the whole game? The better analysis would be to look at WHEN they ran BJGE in between each obsessive passing series in the first or second half. They guy had 13 TDs last year and your're running passes into the flat for Woodhead with 100 MPH rifle passes? Explain that one. You can't, it's dumb just like last week where it was 2nd and goal, they run a finesse draw from the 7 and then launch a pass out of the end zone because Branch was covered. Just run it twice or once with play action. Worst case, you go for it on 4th and goal from the 1. Use BJGE more, with Ridley as his rookie back up in the same vein. That's what they should do. It's fascinating to me how underrated BJGE is by this fanbase.  He's what Maroney wasn't. And you're talking to a HUGE Ridley fan. I just think it's asking too much to have Ridley be a lead back right now. Note two things on this first drive: 1. The Shotgun failure or no huddle failure running it. 2. BJGE basically gets 4 yards per carry, while not in the shotgun or spread. Like I mentioned before, the 1st drive was good getting him into it so Buffalo would need to look at it. But, by the second drive, they totally ignored it.  part of that was from the Arrington INT setting up NE at Buff's 35. So, skip that one, and go to the 3rd and 4th drives in the first half and pay close attention to how they start the 2nd qtr, with obsessive shotguns and no huddles, ignoring the run. Ridley had 1 rush for 3 yards, BJGE a handful with 2 being the 4 yard variety, RIdley only get those gashing runs, when NE had been obssessive with passing and then they finally started to run., Again, though, it's too late. They know what you're doing. So, total first half, they had like 5 runs and they were clearly for effect and not really meant to establish it. From there, Buffalo, adjusts again and we have no run game for the remainder of the 3rd and 4th qtrs. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=310925002
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

That's a well thought out analytical breakdown.... however sometimes a guy can have paralysis of analysis. 

Most often the obvious choice is the right one and in this case increasing Ridley's carries would likely answer the questions that people have about an unproven ball carrier early in the season and may build confidence in him as the season progresses.

Rotate BJGE in with Ridley and get a little competition going between them while keeping the proven veteran fresh for the end of the year.

There's no downside to increasing Ridley's carries now.... 

If you wait, you risk him (Ridley) not having confidence at the end of the year in a big game when you need him most.... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Need to clear up something else.

Going into the Bills game BJGE had 24 carries for 114 yards and 2 TDS. 4.8 ypc is pretty darn good to me.

He ran the ball 10 times in the Bills game and without watching the game again I will bet that half of those came in short yardage situations with 2 of them at least in 1 or 2 yards away from the goal line.

How can he have a good ypc if the limited  opportunity he is given is 1-2 yards away from the end zone with 11 in the box staring at him, or 1 or 2 yards away from 1st down in same situation?

What would be the harm with using Law firm(or Ridley if continues to play well) 25-30 plays a game, where he runs it 75% of those and we play action or pass from under center the remaining 25%?

How can you stop Tom Brady if he has an effective run game? The answer is you can't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Need to clear up something else. Going into the Bills game BJGE had 24 carries for 114 yards and 2 TDS. 4.8 ypc is pretty darn good to me. He ran the ball 10 times in the Bills game and without watching the game again I will bet that half of those came in short yardage situations with 2 of them at least in 1 or 2 yards away from the goal line. How can he have a good ypc if the limited  opportunity he is given is 1-2 yards away from the end zone with 11 in the box staring at him , or 1 or 2 yards away from 1st down in same situation? What would be the harm with using Law firm(or Ridley if continues to play well) 25-30 plays a game, where he runs it 75% of those and we play action or pass from under center the remaining 25%? How can you stop Tom Brady if he has an effective run game? The answer is you can't.
    Posted by TrueChamp

TC.... Well said.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

you go with the hot hand....if Lawfirm is having a bad day and 22 is doing good then keep feeding it to him

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I don't really care what the stats say. I'm going with my eyes. Ridley is the better back and he can gain more yards. The fact that he can catch the ball is all the more reason to have him in there. 

I think he deserves a shot and if he runs well he should be getting the ball more each week. 

BJGE is a good desicion maker in the run and he usually gets positive yards and holds onto the ball. 

Ridey on the other hand could establish a legit power running game like Cory Dillan. BJGE will simply never be able to do that. 

They need to establish more of the run anyway and that might do more to help the D than anything else at this point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I like what I've seen in Ridley thus far.  I hope too see him get more carries.  BJGE has been struggling.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I don't really care what the stats say. I'm going with my eyes. Ridley is the better back and he can gain more yards. The fact that he can catch the ball is all the more reason to have him in there.  I think he deserves a shot and if he runs well he should be getting the ball more each week.  BJGE is a good desicion maker in the run and he usually gets positive yards and holds onto the ball.  Ridey on the other hand could establish a legit power running game like Cory Dillan. BJGE will simply never be able to do that.  They need to establish more of the run anyway and that might do more to help the D than anything else at this point.
    Posted by Macrawn

exactly.
    my eyes, game one in preseason saw that ridely has several abilites bjge does not  have. he is clearly at this moment the best back and the closest we have to an all purpose back. it is not even close. bjge had been in there becasue he i sa hard worker, paid his dues, gives his all. that will no tmake him the back we need that can best help the team. rookie or not. he belongs on the field. 

Sections
Shortcuts