Ridley...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Ridley...

I know he had fumblelitis but I'm so impressed with this kid and his maturity and how much he gets it.

Last week on NFL Network he was very assertive, proffesional well soft spoke and just sounded like a veteran when speaking about the Patriot way.  I posted about this last week but had to post again after reading what he told LaFell.  Video is worth the 5+ minutes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000333722/Ridley-The-Belichick-system-works

Here's that Ridley told Laffell

Ridley’s excitement shines through: LaFell’s former teammate at Louisiana State, running back Stevan Ridley, was surprised to initially learn that LaFell was coming to town. LaFell then relayed what Ridley said: “He was like, ‘Bro, we have a bunch of young guys that play a lot of good ball, but we need another veteran that will step in and help those young guys grow. You can be one of those [final] pieces for us in taking this thing to the next level. I’ll tell you, just like I tell anybody else, you have to come up here and be able to sacrifice your off-the-field life for the things you have to do -- put in extra time in film and extra work after practice.’ He kept saying the word sacrifice. And hard work. He said if you’re committed to do that with the rest of those guys, you’ll fit in and help us win games.” 

I really hope this kid fixes his fumbling issues which I think he did towards the end of the season.  That's the only thing keeping him from IMO being a stud back.  He has it all and could be a Curtis Martin type RB.  He's a kid I hope the Patriots keep, he's the type of player this needs more off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Ridley...

In response to Pats7393's comment:

I know he had fumblelitis but I'm so impressed with this kid and his maturity and how much he gets it.

Last week on NFL Network he was very assertive, proffesional well soft spoke and just sounded like a veteran when speaking about the Patriot way.  I posted about this last week but had to post again after reading what he told LaFell.  Video is worth the 5+ minutes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000333722/Ridley-The-Belichick-system-works

Ridley’s excitement shines through: LaFell’s former teammate at Louisiana State, running back Stevan Ridley, was surprised to initially learn that LaFell was coming to town. LaFell then relayed what Ridley said: “He was like, ‘Bro, we have a bunch of young guys that play a lot of good ball, but we need another veteran that will step in and help those young guys grow. You can be one of those [final] pieces for us in taking this thing to the next level. I’ll tell you, just like I tell anybody else, you have to come up here and be able to sacrifice your off-the-field life for the things you have to do -- put in extra time in film and extra work after practice.’ He kept saying the word sacrifice. And hard work. He said if you’re committed to do that with the rest of those guys, you’ll fit in and help us win games.” 

I really hope this kid fixes his fumbling issues which I think he did towards the end of the season.  That's the only thing keeping him from IMO being a stud back.  He has it all and could be a Curtis Martin type RB.  He's a kid I hope the Patriots keep, he's the type of player this needs more off.

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley is one of my favorites on the team.

I just love his attitude, work ethic and he respects BB and the Patriot Way more than anything. Like you said, he gets it.

If Blount walks and Rid is handed back the starting role you will see another big year from him.

I'm thinking another 1200+ 10TD season.

He's that good. just gotta fix the fumbles which he may have done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

maybe the Pats can hire Faulk as a consultant. He fixed his fumbling issue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Although if Blount winds up cashing in on the end of last season somewhere I would love to see a middle round pick spent on Williams out of BC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Hope he can hold on to the ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

when was the last time a pats rb broke a home run td run... blount... before blount... n/a... i like ridley but imo we need blount.

down with tfb12

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

Although if Blount winds up cashing in on the end of last season somewhere I would love to see a middle round pick spent on Williams out of BC.

If he was going to cash in, he'd have done it by now. There's zero market for RBs. Moreno is a far better back and he hasn't gotten a sniff either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

when was the last time a pats rb broke a home run td run... blount... before blount... n/a... i like ridley but imo we need blount.

down with tfb12

blount is a good homerun hitter but if he doesnt have a gaping hole to run through he cant get anything, he dances.

I'd rather draft a possible homerun hitter than pay for Blount

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

down with tfb12

blount is a good homerun hitter but if he doesnt have a gaping hole to run through he cant get anything, he dances.

I'd rather draft a possible homerun hitter than pay for Blount

what about the second part of my post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

what about the second part of my post?

down with tfb? idk thats ur beef

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

If he was going to cash in, he'd have done it by now. There's zero market for RBs. Moreno is a far better back and he hasn't gotten a sniff either.

I agree that Moreno is a better back, if a little prone to injuries, but that doesn't mean they won't get paid. Out of all the guys I think are at the top of the RB class, only one has been signed, and Tate signed cheap coming off injuries.

Moreno, Blount and MJD are all still out there...and honestly that's about it. There's some more of those Gerhart/Jennings types, but not much else. These guys will get plenty of offers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I agree that Moreno is a better back, if a little prone to injuries, but that doesn't mean they won't get paid. Out of all the guys I think are at the top of the RB class, only one has been signed, and Tate signed cheap coming off injuries.

Moreno, Blount and MJD are all still out there...and honestly that's about it. There's some more of those Gerhart/Jennings types, but not much else. These guys will get plenty of offers.

They'll get offers, but they won't make big bucks, at least compared to other positions. RBs are interchangeable, they're not worth big investments. If the Pats don't sign Blount, they'll sign or draft someone just as productive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im a big ridley fan as well, he is def a well spoken dude, ive heard him many times man up after a fumble and take ownership for his mistake. You can tell the kid cares.

It seems many forgot what a great year he had in 2012 and only focus on his 4 fumbles: 1263 yards 4.4 ypc 12td's

Fans got spoiled by bjge no fumble streak ( tho hes had 5 fumbles in the past 2 seasons)

This is ridleys final year of his rookie deal, so its make or break time for him. Hopefully he can hold on to the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:

thanks for posting the link. It will be interesting what happens with Blount.  Would like to see Bolden get some more touches too. Would like to see all these guys; apart from Vereen, work on catching too. I think that skill set would make things harder to predict plays.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Im a big ridley fan as well, he is def a well spoken dude, ive heard him many times man up after a fumble and take ownership for his mistake. You can tell the kid cares.

It seems many forgot what a great year he had in 2012 and only focus on his 4 fumbles: 1263 yards 4.4 ypc 12td's

Fans got spoiled by bjge no fumble streak ( tho hes had 5 fumbles in the past 2 seasons)

This is ridleys final year of his rookie deal, so its make or break time for him. Hopefully he can hold on to the ball.

+1  I've already bet a few friends that Ridley will get over 1,000 yards this season!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm also a Ridley fan.  The kid has got to fix that fumble issue, otherwise, he's a hell of a back. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I'm also a Ridley fan.  The kid has got to fix that fumble issue, otherwise, he's a hell of a back. 

In addition, I hope that he works with TB and the receivers this off season building chemistry and a much needed added dimension to his current skills. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I hope we give vince an extension (at a lower rate) and resign Blount then draft Carlos Hyde in the 2nd round.  He can catch and runs through defenders, is very hard to take down.  

Sections
Shortcuts