Riffing off Walter football's latest mock draft

if it goes down like this

carraidne at 28, hunt at 34, okafor at 35

darius slay at 51

da rick rogers atr 84

terrance williams at 93

aaraon dobson at 97

logan ryan 111

assuming pitt matches we can move up slighjtly (with a 2014 pick) to get carradine or

stay at 32 and get hunt.

move down and select okafor.

thats our pass rusher.

with our rd 2 pick, we can move back for da rick rogers wr  or up slightly ffor slay cb.

then with round 3 we could go terrance williams wr or aaaron dobson wr or logan ryan cb.

come out with pass rusher and 2 big outside wrs  or a wr and a cb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Re: Riffing off Walter football's latest mock draft

I love the walterfootball sight ... entertaining stuff

( especially the Emmitt Smith riffs )

LINK : http://walterfootball.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

thoughts on the above scenario they paint catpn. who'd you pick? thoughts on my picks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Is it me or does Walter Football seem to constantly be overly generous with the 49ers picks?

1(31) - Jonathan Cyprien (S)

2(34) - Margus Hunt (DE)

2(61) - Jesse Williams (NT)

3(74) - D.J. Hayden (CB)

This comes from their most recent mock, but throughout the entire offseason they have been mocking guys to the 49ers that are slotted higher on other mock sites but some-how the mock gods seem to be always smiling on SF.  Anyway based on how good that team already is, if they did come away with a draft haul resembling this, they might have to be in the discussion for possible edynasty consideration.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

there is no doubt in my mind we are trading back this year. We will probably all stay up and watch the draft on day 1 just to hear the Patriots have traded out of round 1. Brdbreu you have me sold on DaRick Rogers if we can get him in the 2nd. I wanted Johnathan Jenkens in the first but after the Tommy Kelley signing I think Tank (dependong on status of his recovery) or Margus would be good whoever is available in the early 2nd where I envision us trading back to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to angel3781's comment:

Is it me or does Walter Football seem to constantly be overly generous with the 49ers picks?

1(31) - Jonathan Cyprien (S)

2(34) - Margus Hunt (DE)

2(61) - Jesse Williams (NT)

3(74) - D.J. Hayden (CB)

This comes from their most recent mock, but throughout the entire offseason they have been mocking guys to the 49ers that are slotted higher on other mock sites but some-how the mock gods seem to be always smiling on SF.  Anyway based on how good that team already is, if they did come away with a draft haul resembling this, they might have to be in the discussion for possible edynasty consideration.

interesting observation angel

what would you do for pats if walters mock came about?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

there is no doubt in my mind we are trading back this year. We will probably all stay up and watch the draft on day 1 just to hear the Patriots have traded out of round 1. Brdbreu you have me sold on DaRick Rogers if we can get him in the 2nd. I wanted Johnathan Jenkens in the first but after the Tommy Kelley signing I think Tank (dependong on status of his recovery) or Margus would be good whoever is available in the early 2nd where I envision us trading back to.

totally would be fine with trading back if we could get tank preferably or hunt / okafor.

when yiou say depending on his recoery, you want him if he is more recoeverd, or you realize if he is more recovered, hell be picked earlier.

glad you're on board. 

hope bb is (or somethigh better).

only thing better than carradine and rogers is also  gettign hopkins.

wouldnt mind a cb too. wish we got one in fa like grimes.

hope we also get abraham.

have a good night/ morning quag.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

if pitt doesnt match

give us carradine in rd 1 and rogers in rd 2.

if you want, trade 2014 picks into 2103

brady needs help now, not in 2-3 years 

bb enough with the 3 cone and short wr/cb obsession

stick with your new predilection for trading up and or gettting top talent, big cbs and wrs and guys who can pressure the qb consistently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I too see the Pats trading out of the 1st and perhaps trading back again depending on what off the wall pick(s) BB has on his board. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

Amen. His is one of the finest cites on the draft that you'll find. Unlike the fraud/lunatic mb, Walt really does his homework. His mock draft is interesting, in that he gives logical reasons for his picks. He also has informative sections in which he lists free agent signings per team, and team needs.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I think we will end up trading back again. Hate it when they do that but know its often the right move . I feel as though at this point it's late in Brady's career and the Patriots are only an impact player or two away from winning. I'd like to see them move up at this point then to aquire more picks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

All of a sudden several sites are running down Hunt as overrated...sounds like pre-draft smoke screening to me where scouts and execs tell friends in the biz to write these articles or float negative ballons about guys they want other teams to stay away from...let's see where this guy actually gets drafted

hes a high upside guy. its dfe possible hes not a star in the nfl. he was projected in rd 3 a lil while back by everyone

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I think we will end up trading back again. Hate it when they do that but know its often the right move . I feel as though at this point it's late in Brady's career and the Patriots are only an impact player or two away from winning. I'd like to see them move up at this point then to aquire more picks. 

well we ar in range of carradine or detone jones for pass rusuher, if we move up, it doesnt need to be far.

on the other hand we arent reaching jordan ro ansah.

pass rusher and big outsiede wr(ie rogers) maybe double it if pitt keeps sanders

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think bb is going to use any future draft picks in this draft to move up or acquire a new one.

i do think like almost everyone else he trades back at some point in this draft to build his middle rounds a bit, especially is sanders becomes a pat, and we give Pitt our 3rd. 

I can't see him comfortable with a 1, 2, 7, 7...

it makes me think if bb has something else cooking in terms of acquiring picks...like trades. I know most speculated about mallett, but there are a few other players on this roster that could be moved for picks as well. 

I think DT is a big need if you look out beyond this year when 3 of our dt's become FA's. plus this is a strong DT draft, we are in the sweet spot of the draft in rounds 1&2 and I could see bb grabbing one based on the contract status of guys on the roster. maybe bb extends love and deaderick this year...shouldn't cost much and that might be the wise thing to do and possibly grab our de early rather than DT...maybe a DT later in the draft..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

if pitt doesnt match

stick with your new predilection for trading up and or gettting top talent, big cbs and wrs and guys who can pressure the qb consistently.

I like carradine in round 1 as well, but up in the air on WR early if we use our 3rd on sanders. I would almost rather use our 2nd on a corner like Logan Ryan, Wilson, Taylor, etc. a kid that can play outside well should Talib or Dennard miss any time. To me, this is still the most vulnerable position on our roster...if Talib misses a few games, basically we have to use Arrington or move mccourty back to cover. I am not comfortable with that. If we knew Ras wasn't going to be glass this year, that gives a tremendous amount of flex and honestly, I wouldn't draft a corner until late in the draft. Maybe bb rolls the dice with Ras..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I don't think bb is going to use any future draft picks in this draft to move up or acquire a new one.

i do think like almost everyone else he trades back at some point in this draft to build his middle rounds a bit, especially is sanders becomes a pat, and we give Pitt our 3rd. 

it makes me think if bb has something else cooking in terms of acquiring picks...like trades. I know most speculated about mallett, but there are a few other players on this roster that could be moved for picks as well. 

I think DT is a big need if you look out beyond this year when 3 of our dt's become FA's. plus this is a strong DT draft, we are in the sweet spot of the draft in rounds 1&2 and I could see bb grabbing one based on the contract status of guys on the roster. maybe bb extends love and deaderick this year...shouldn't cost much and that might be the wise thing to do and possibly grab our de early rather than DT...maybe a DT later in the draft..

Who are you thinking could be on the trade block?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

darius slay at 51

da rick rogers atr 84

terrance williams at 93

aaraon dobson at 97

logan ryan 111

assuming pitt matches we can move up slighjtly (with a 2014 pick) to get carradine or

stay at 32 and get hunt.

thats our pass rusher.

with our rd 2 pick, we can move back for da rick rogers wr  or up slightly ffor slay cb.

then with round 3 we could go terrance williams wr or aaaron dobson wr or logan ryan cb.

I got to tell you, I don't like Okafor at all. I think this guy will be a colossal bust - to me this kid makes Cunningham look like Lawrence Taylor.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

darius slay at 51

da rick rogers atr 84

terrance williams at 93

aaraon dobson at 97

logan ryan 111

stay at 32 and get hunt.

thats our pass rusher.

I got to tell you, I don't like Okafor at all. I think this guy will be a colossal bust - to me this kid makes Cunningham look like Lawrence Taylor.

LOL!  Wow.  You are really not an Okafor fan, huh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Who are you thinking could be on the trade block?

Cunningham, Spikes, Mallett, and I saw that the pats were thinking of moving demps last year...maybe others if the price is right. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

darius slay at 51

da rick rogers atr 84

terrance williams at 93

aaraon dobson at 97

logan ryan 111

stay at 32 and get hunt.

thats our pass rusher.

thanks for weighing in man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

if pitt doesnt match

I like carradine in round 1 as well, but up in the air on WR early if we use our 3rd on sanders. I would almost rather use our 2nd on a corner like Logan Ryan, Wilson, Taylor, etc. a kid that can play outside well should Talib or Dennard miss any time. To me, this is still the most vulnerable position on our roster...if Talib misses a few games, basically we have to use Arrington or move mccourty back to cover. I am not comfortable with that. If we knew Ras wasn't going to be glass this year, that gives a tremendous amount of flex and honestly, I wouldn't draft a corner until late in the draft. Maybe bb rolls the dice with Ras..

good thoughts. and of course im almost on page. i wanted another cb in fa to free us up in draft like a #1 or good #2. early on i had rhodes at rd 1.

but i have a big outisde wr just slightly higher need. so if we had 3 picks i could go cb or wr with 3rd. if we got an extra 2nd i could see cb in rd 2. and wr wr in 2 and 3.

also had the dt need at beginning of draft season. but not as high as wr or cb nor de (first need). had floyd and syl williams back when they were rd 2 picks. 

if we had sf' spicks we could address all our needs including safety, cover lb, o line. 

given the dearth of picks thats why i end up where i do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

darius slay at 51

da rick rogers atr 84

terrance williams at 93

aaraon dobson at 97

logan ryan 111

stay at 32 and get hunt.

thats our pass rusher.

Like Dobson at 97... not sure he is going to be there at 97. 

From everything I read he has all the intangibles to go along with his football skill set.

her ya jj

Sections
Shortcuts