RIght From The Gang Green Board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

RIght From The Gang Green Board

So, from time to time I like to see what delusional Jets fans say over for entertainment purposes, but I stumbled across an honest one in a discussion about which team has the better chance to reach the SB:

BacktoQueens said: ↑

"He absolutely fukkked up Brady's Pats in the AFCCG. I'd say that's big time football.

Pats have the better D and coaching, but the Broncos have the better QB and overall O.
    I have no doubt the Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC."

Screwed Again Replied:

"Was a pretty lame game against a Patriot team running on fumes with like 90% of its most important players on IR.

Seriously how many more pathetic endings to over hyped Peyton seasons do we have to endure before people stop talking about him. I watched a lot of Bronco games last year and it seems to me half of his 55 TD's were 5 yard dump offs that his receivers took 40 or 50+ yards to the house. Most over rated crap ever. The dude is like the Manchurian quarterback. No matter how badly he falls flat on his face every season the media will go back to turning him into superman because he put 300 yards and 4 TD passes on the 5 worst teams in the league.... in October"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: RIght From The Gang Green Board

Funny how when Peyton fails, it's his team that sucks, but no one ever says that when his team is putting up record numbers all season. Most overrated and over protected player in sports. Great regular season qb but a choking dog when it counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, from time to time I like to see what delusional Jets fans say over for entertainment purposes, but I stumbled across an honest one in a discussion about which team has the better chance to reach the SB:

"He absolutely fukkked up Brady's Pats in the AFCCG. I'd say that's big time football.

Pats have the better D and coaching, but the Broncos have the better QB and overall O.

Screwed Again Replied:

"Was a pretty lame game against a Patriot team running on fumes with like 90% of its most important players on IR.

Seriously how many more pathetic endings to over hyped Peyton seasons do we have to endure before people stop talking about him. I watched a lot of Bronco games last year and it seems to me half of his 55 TD's were 5 yard dump offs that his receivers took 40 or 50+ yards to the house. Most over rated crap ever. The dude is like the Manchurian quarterback. No matter how badly he falls flat on his face every season the media will go back to turning him into superman because he put 300 yards and 4 TD passes on the 5 worst teams in the league.... in October"

[/QUOTE]

So, you troll Jets boards so often that you actually bring things back to a patsies forum?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny how when Peyton fails, it's his team that sucks, but no one ever says that when his team is putting up record numbers all season. Most overrated and over protected player in sports. Great regular season qb but a choking dog when it counts.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but be careful with Brady.  He's been channeling Manning lately. Let's hope he puts a halt to that this year and from here on out in AFC Title games.

I just thought it was interesting I stumbled across an honest Jets fan who knew the Pats D was riddle with key players being injured  and only losing by 10 points, with our own offense really not helping out on their own drives.

We're actually a bad match up for Denver.   The whole reason the Pats came back in that regular season game was because of the rising Pats D and the fact that the offense finally stopped shooting itself in the  foot with turnovers.

I think we'll wipe the floor with DEnver again this year and maybe in Foxborough in the title game, too.  They lost so many key players, and even big name additions are no guarantee. Ward now has a spotlight on home and might be too exposed, Talib has annual injury issues and Ware hasn't been himself in 2 years, coming off an elbow injury, well past his prime.

SOmeone listed the names of players who got hurt last year or who weren't available in the title game and it was stunning to read.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Brady definitely has been subpar in some recent playoff games, but nowhere close to as vomit inducingly bad as Peyton has been in his playoff career. Hopefully this year gronk stays healthy for the playoffs, that will dramatically improve the offense ' s postseason play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

I just thought it was interesting I stumbled across an honest Jets fan who knew the Pats D was riddle with key players being injured  and only losing by 10 points, with our own offense really not helping out on their own drives.

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that 10 point loss was more like a 20+ point loss.  Closing the gap in garbage time doesn't mean anything.  That said, it is surprising that we got that far given all the key injuries and a totally (except for Edelman) set of receivers.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I think I just fell in love with a jets fan--we both agree on Manning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady definitely has been subpar in some recent playoff games, but nowhere close to as vomit inducingly bad as Peyton has been in his playoff career. Hopefully this year gronk stays healthy for the playoffs, that will dramatically improve the offense ' s postseason play.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that 10 point loss was more like a 20+ point loss.  Closing the gap in garbage time doesn't mean anything.  That said, it is surprising that we got that far given all the key injuries and a totally (except for Edelman) set of receivers.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

[/QUOTE]

Once Talib went down, it changed everything.  I don't disagree, but if Brady hits that wide open Edelman, who knows what the score ends up being? I am just saying, they had no business getting to the title game losing so many key defenders early, and then Gronk towards the end.

The young kids who stepped in to help as rookies did an amazing job considering the demands BB puts on players. Only in NE, would that many injuries to key people not be a problem.  The master teambuilder made sure of it.

The media does protect both Manning and Brady, though.  The Manning thing is worse because his pukke jobs are worse and there are more of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady and Peyton have both lost two Super Bowls but Brady never got shellacked like Peyton did this past Super Bowl. Brady walked off the field with the lead in both of his Super Bowl losses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady and Peyton have both lost two Super Bowls but Brady never got shellacked like Peyton did this past Super Bowl. Brady walked off the field with the lead in both of his Super Bowl losses.

[/QUOTE]

True. Manning's this past year was worse than SB 42 or SB 46.  14 or 17 points clearly is not very good, but 8 is horrendous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rustysr. Show Rustysr's posts

Don't you call ud6 and gints etc trolls and lovers for coming here? So in your own way your no better then those who you claim are jealous for coming here to another teams board. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I just fell in love with a jets fan--we both agree on Manning!

[/QUOTE]

I'm crushed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question that Peyton, for some reason I've never truly been able to understand, gets more slack than any QB I've ever seen. That said, I don't really care about the media hype.  Tom Brady subscribes to the philosophy espoused by the immortal Al Davis:  'Just win, baby.'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

and right from the nypost, Rex is still the d coordinator taking more pride in his D and making the O his orphan, just like his dad, he just isn't a HC. Only if lightning strikes will the jets win a sb imo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Screwed Again Replied:

[/QUOTE]

So, you troll Jets boards so often that you actually bring things back to a patsies forum?  

[/QUOTE]

Why not...you won't do that for us you Jets wag...enjoy your continuing failure yet again this season...ZIP since 1969...what a legacy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Sounds like the Jets scrimmage last night went poorly for the offense. Both Vick and Geno Bust threw under 50% for a completion rate and the offense got stoned 4 times in a row from the goal line at one point.

Each RB, Chris Johnson and Ivory, both injury prone, were also terrible with barely a 2 YPC average. lol

Also, old friend Jermaine Cunningham blew out an ACL.

I am peeing my pants with their defenders practicing against Vick and Bust and them acting like they've accomplished something.  It's just priceless:

Jets Camp Report: Intrasquad scrimmage
    August, 2, 2014
    Aug 2
    11:10
    PM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Comments2
    Email
    Print

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- A review of the hot topics coming out of New York Jets' annual Green & White scrimmage:

Let me start with a concise summary of what unfolded Saturday night: Geno Smith still makes questionable decisions, Michael Vick still runs fast, Stephen Hill still belongs on the all-Cortland team and Rex Ryan's defense still runs the show.
    The offense has a lot of work to do. Then again, we already knew that. In a 12-possession scrimmage, the offense failed to reach the end zone, settling for two field goals. You could take the half-full approach and credit the defense -- and I will later -- but I'm not going to exonerate the offense for its goose egg. It could have salvaged some pride late in the scrimmage, but the second unit (led by Smith on this particular drive) failed on four straight plays from the 1-yard line, including three runs by Alex Green. I guess this means there won't be any "We're-the-best-offense-in-the-league" quotes from the locker room -- at least not anytime soon. Ryan downplayed the performance, promising they will score points in the preseason opener. I couldn't tell if his fingers were crossed when he said it.
    If this were an open quarterback competition (and we all know it isn't), we would all be saying Vick has a slight edge on Smith, the presumed starter. Smith (7-for-14, 84 yards) was almost intercepted twice and he took a fourth-down sack at the goal line. He telegraphed a sideline pass that should have been a pick-six by Darrin Walls, who dropped an easy interception. In four series (three with the first team), Smith produced only three points. Smith is having a solid camp, so I'm not going to bash him after a mediocre scrimmage, but he certainly wasn't as sharp as he needs to be. His signature play was a 41-yard strike to Hill on a skinny post. Overall, Smith was "pretty decent," Ryan said. No, the coach said, he is not planning to shake up the quarterback rotation in practice; Smith will continue to get the vast majority of the reps.
    Vick finished as the leader rusher -- two scrambles for 35 yards. On a 20-yard scramble, he left linebacker Garrett McIntyre in his dust. Vick created some electricity, reminding everyone that he is still a dynamic player with the ball in his hands. "I feel fast," he said. "At 34, it's amazing I feel as good as I do." Vick, known for his durability issues, said he hasn't experienced any soreness in camp, crediting the team's conditioning program. Vick (7-for-13, 47 yards) played four series, including one with the starters, which ended with a field goal. He said he told center Nick Mangold and guard Willie Colon how much he enjoyed playing with the first team, complimenting them on their pass protection. Was he trying to send a message? Ryan loved what he saw from Vick, saying, "Shoot, my gosh, the dude can flat out fly."
    The Jets' marquee additions, Eric Decker (one catch for 7 yards) and Chris Johnson (five rushes for 14 yards), were relatively quiet. Johnson admitted to being "a little nervous" because it was the first live contact for his surgically repaired knee. He didn't get a chance to flash his trademark speed in the open field, but he was satisfied with the night, saying, "I wanted to test my knee against full contact and I came out feeling good." Baby steps. Decker caught a slant from Smith on the second play, and that was it. He said he played about 20 plays, but honestly, it didn't seem like that many.
    Hill always makes a big play in the Green & White, but he was upstaged by Greg Salas (five catches for 54 yards), who was the best receiver on the field. Yes, he had a drop, but he separated consistently on a variety of routes. Vick gushed about Salas, whom he knows from their days in Philadelphia. Referring to completion over the middle, Vick said, "I can't believe he caught it." Salas is having a terrific camp, making a strong push for a roster spot.
    The defense did some crowing after the game, and deservedly so. "I'm pretty sure that goes down as a win in my book," Sheldon Richardson said. It was a big win. Except for the long play to Hill -- cornerback Dimitri Patterson was burned -- the defense was communicated well and didn't miss many tackles, which impressed Ryan. The goal-line stand was "awesome," according to Ryan. Newcomer Jason Babin recorded two sacks. There is reason to be optimistic about the defense, which looks terrific in the front seven, but let's hold the parade. It wasn't exactly challenged by a wide-open passing offense.
    A few unheralded players boosted their stock, none more than safety Rontez Miles, who recorded a sack and a pass break-up. The Jets have a crowded safety position, and we haven't seen No. 1 pick Calvin Pryor yet. Miles is a fearless defender who spent last season on the practice squad; he will hit anything that moves.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/41203/jets-camp-report-intrasquad-scrimmage

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

Sounds like the Jets scrimmage last night went poorly for the offense. Both Vick and Geno Bust threw under 50% for a completion rate and the offense got stoned 4 times in a row from the goal line at one point.

Each RB, Chris Johnson and Ivory, both injury prone, were also terrible with barely a 2 YPC average. lol

I am peeing my pants with their defenders practicing against Vick and Bust and them acting like they've accomplished something.  It's just priceless:

Jets Camp Report: Intrasquad scrimmage
    August, 2, 2014
    Aug 2
    11:10
    PM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Comments2
    Email
    Print

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- A review of the hot topics coming out of New York Jets' annual Green & White scrimmage:

Let me start with a concise summary of what unfolded Saturday night: Geno Smith still makes questionable decisions, Michael Vick still runs fast, Stephen Hill still belongs on the all-Cortland team and Rex Ryan's defense still runs the show.
    The offense has a lot of work to do. Then again, we already knew that. In a 12-possession scrimmage, the offense failed to reach the end zone, settling for two field goals. You could take the half-full approach and credit the defense -- and I will later -- but I'm not going to exonerate the offense for its goose egg. It could have salvaged some pride late in the scrimmage, but the second unit (led by Smith on this particular drive) failed on four straight plays from the 1-yard line, including three runs by Alex Green. I guess this means there won't be any "We're-the-best-offense-in-the-league" quotes from the locker room -- at least not anytime soon. Ryan downplayed the performance, promising they will score points in the preseason opener. I couldn't tell if his fingers were crossed when he said it.
    If this were an open quarterback competition (and we all know it isn't), we would all be saying Vick has a slight edge on Smith, the presumed starter. Smith (7-for-14, 84 yards) was almost intercepted twice and he took a fourth-down sack at the goal line. He telegraphed a sideline pass that should have been a pick-six by Darrin Walls, who dropped an easy interception. In four series (three with the first team), Smith produced only three points. Smith is having a solid camp, so I'm not going to bash him after a mediocre scrimmage, but he certainly wasn't as sharp as he needs to be. His signature play was a 41-yard strike to Hill on a skinny post. Overall, Smith was "pretty decent," Ryan said. No, the coach said, he is not planning to shake up the quarterback rotation in practice; Smith will continue to get the vast majority of the reps.
    Vick finished as the leader rusher -- two scrambles for 35 yards. On a 20-yard scramble, he left linebacker Garrett McIntyre in his dust. Vick created some electricity, reminding everyone that he is still a dynamic player with the ball in his hands. "I feel fast," he said. "At 34, it's amazing I feel as good as I do." Vick, known for his durability issues, said he hasn't experienced any soreness in camp, crediting the team's conditioning program. Vick (7-for-13, 47 yards) played four series, including one with the starters, which ended with a field goal. He said he told center Nick Mangold and guard Willie Colon how much he enjoyed playing with the first team, complimenting them on their pass protection. Was he trying to send a message? Ryan loved what he saw from Vick, saying, "Shoot, my gosh, the dude can flat out fly."
    The Jets' marquee additions, Eric Decker (one catch for 7 yards) and Chris Johnson (five rushes for 14 yards), were relatively quiet. Johnson admitted to being "a little nervous" because it was the first live contact for his surgically repaired knee. He didn't get a chance to flash his trademark speed in the open field, but he was satisfied with the night, saying, "I wanted to test my knee against full contact and I came out feeling good." Baby steps. Decker caught a slant from Smith on the second play, and that was it. He said he played about 20 plays, but honestly, it didn't seem like that many.
    Hill always makes a big play in the Green & White, but he was upstaged by Greg Salas (five catches for 54 yards), who was the best receiver on the field. Yes, he had a drop, but he separated consistently on a variety of routes. Vick gushed about Salas, whom he knows from their days in Philadelphia. Referring to completion over the middle, Vick said, "I can't believe he caught it." Salas is having a terrific camp, making a strong push for a roster spot.
    The defense did some crowing after the game, and deservedly so. "I'm pretty sure that goes down as a win in my book," Sheldon Richardson said. It was a big win. Except for the long play to Hill -- cornerback Dimitri Patterson was burned -- the defense was communicated well and didn't miss many tackles, which impressed Ryan. The goal-line stand was "awesome," according to Ryan. Newcomer Jason Babin recorded two sacks. There is reason to be optimistic about the defense, which looks terrific in the front seven, but let's hold the parade. It wasn't exactly challenged by a wide-open passing offense.
    A few unheralded players boosted their stock, none more than safety Rontez Miles, who recorded a sack and a pass break-up. The Jets have a crowded safety position, and we haven't seen No. 1 pick Calvin Pryor yet. Miles is a fearless defender who spent last season on the practice squad; he will hit anything that moves.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/41203/jets-camp-report-intrasquad-scrimmage" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/41203/jets-camp-report-intrasquad-scrimmage

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, In all one games Ivory missed last year he barely managed more yards than Ridley and Vereen combined.  Good thing BB signed a 6th round IR candidate to replace them both.

When you claim that Chris Johnson is "injury prone" were you talking about the ONE GAME that he has missed in his entire career, which was in his rookie year?  See Queenie, it's things like this that prove what a complete idiot you are and how you lack any football knowledge whatsoever.  Moron.  #Queeniebludgeonedagain

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All I have to say is Butt Fumble! The most memorable Jets play in their entire history as voted on by Jets fans!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

What I don't understand is why there are still Jet fans in NJ? Rex is a likeable guy but as HC he is a disgrace. Management is a*s backwards, the fans are obnoxious drunks.

Although being a NE fan we have had our problems in our history: the Sullivans were not great owners who mis-treated their partners and lost money on other ventures that subsequently led to their financial demise and loss of the team; we only had one really good HC, Ron Erhard who built the team that Ray Berry took to the SB in 86; when we did have great talent we could never take advantage of it; we had our version of the Butt Fumble (the convict snowplow game vs. Miami in 82) which lived on in fans hearts as our #1 moment. And, throughout all of that many of us remained as fans.

So, I guess I get it. No matter how a team is, a fan still hopes that things will turn around and get better...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but be careful with Brady.  He's been channeling Manning lately. Let's hope he puts a halt to that this year and from here on out in AFC Title games.

We're actually a bad match up for Denver.   The whole reason the Pats came back in that regular season game was because of the rising Pats D and the fact that the offense finally stopped shooting itself in the  foot with turnovers.

I think we'll wipe the floor with DEnver again this year and maybe in Foxborough in the title game, too.  They lost so many key players, and even big name additions are no guarantee. Ward now has a spotlight on home and might be too exposed, Talib has annual injury issues and Ware hasn't been himself in 2 years, coming off an elbow injury, well past his prime.

SOmeone listed the names of players who got hurt last year or who weren't available in the title game and it was stunning to read.

[/QUOTE]

Pats were lucky to even be in that game and the 10 point loss was a mirage...got their doors blown off

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats were lucky to even be in that game and the 10 point loss was a mirage...got their doors blown off

[/QUOTE]

Rustbag is a complete and utter fool. Wipe the floor again?? Please.

He also predicted that KC was better and would slap Denver twice last year. Of course when I challenged him to wager on that he disappeared.

Sections
Shortcuts