Right now the Jets are better!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Right now the Jets are better!

With the addition of Cromartie the Jets now have one of the best defensive units in the NFL.  If the Pats are planning to go into next season with the current group of WR's minus Welker and a very poor running game that lacks depth, then the Jets will surpass the Pats for the AFC east.  If the gameplan for the Pats is to rely only on the draft to fill holes on the offense, then their really playing with fire.  Last season moss admitted to playing with a bad shoulder, you would figure the Pats would want to add some depth to an offensive unit featuring "fragile fred" and dancing Maroney.  Injuries and lack of depth are going to hurt the Pats next year if nothing changes.

Pats better start making some moves now!  Okay, let's the insults begin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Right now the Jets are better!

I want it all and I want it now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Your entitled to your opinion.  Only the weak throw insults over the internet.

Internet Tough Guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What insult? Its early in the process. Let it play out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Not directed at you digger but the 4 snippers running around the board the last few days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better!:
    Not directed at you digger but the 4 snippers running around the board the last few days.
    Posted by Tcal2

I'm a sniper tcal2.  what, you don't expect people to call you out when you post incorrect info or make outlandish claims. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : I'm a sniper tcal2.  what, you don't expect people to call you out when you post incorrect info or make outlandish claims. 
    Posted by hagen910

Don't flatter yourself........Really don't.

"wilfork is a stud.  not many nose tackles drop into coverage like wilforkI have never seen such a large man cover the screen as well as wilfork.  yes he is a three down lineman.  more of a run stuffer, but a capable pass rusher.  in the 3-4 the nose has one job free up the LB to make the tackles and sacks and vince is the youngest player out there that does this at a pro bowl level.  Everybody had a bad game against the ravens except for edelman.  vince has an exceptional body of work.   the guy is a stud and I will fight over that one.  just kidding.  but your so wrong on wilfork."

What have I posted that's Incorrect or an Outlandish claim.  Both examples of these are highlighted in one of your post above. 

So back your statement with some facts please. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Sanchez has become a legitimate starter in one season.  So he is due some credit.  However, he is several years away from leading the Jets to an AFC East title, much less a shot at the Super Bowl.

No matter what anybody says, last year was a rebuilding year for New England.  The Patriots were forced to let some strong talent leave to nail down some key contracts.  Unfortunately the retirement of Bruschi and Harrison left the middle of the defense in a rough spot. 

The offense was still extremely efficient.  The opportunities to score declined, because there was no pass rush to create turnovers, or 3rd down stops. 

It would have been great to have signed Peppers.  However, it would have likely meant that Brady would be gone in two years.  Peppers' price is just too high.

Regardless, the Patriots still won the division last year.  They will make the necessary moves...  Likely a trade for a veteran corner to compliment Bodden, and draft a stud pass rushing 3-4 DE.  Don't be suprised if they acquire an excellent TE and very likely sign Tim Tebow, as a TE with wildcat capabilities.

Patriots 11-5     Jets 9-7    Dolphins 9-7    Bills 6-10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I've seen Wilfork in coverage, although rarely...And he does put a pass rush on when he's not otherwise engaged.  He was flagged in game 1 for a 'below the knee' blow (which was actually legal above the knee).  He's also the guy who put Lossman out of commission for a few weeks two years ago.  This is no more outlandish than some of the claims I've see on Cromartie. Cromartie could be a real find for the Jets or a real bust. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

I tried telling people last offseason that the Jets were not going to be as bad as people thought. Last offseason many posters on this board were trying to act like the Jets were going to finish last in the east. Rex Ryan is a good coach, maybe not for the long run as i dont see him out coaching anyone better then him but a good coach none the less and his team was great on D and they came out and they did what i said and over performed and made it to the title game. Now with all that said the Jets still dont have what it takes on offense to beat anyone in the afc on a consistent basis. The Pats D will continue to grow and get better, it may not be as fierce as the Jets but they will be good enough and the Pats Offense will only get better IMO so I still think the Pats will beat the Jets for the East next year.

Better coach? The Pats for sure

Better QB? The Pats for sure

Better Defense? The Jets no doubt about it

Better Offense? The Pats for sure

Better ST? The Pats for sure (The Ghost is the best kicker in the NFL IMO)

Pats are still the kings of the East till the Jets knock them off.

I am not saying that Sanchez wont get better cause i think he will but good enough t consistently beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? No way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Agree with MVPKilla PLUS with the addition of Cromartie, the Jet's are worse not better. Hey San Diego didn't let him go for nothing, they couldn't even trade him! The dude's afraid to get hit/hurt and teams can take advantage of that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

News flash...the Jets had probably the best D last year. Can Cromartie teach Sanchez to throw a ball?

And if that's the case, Washington is ready to accept the paper championship for, oh, the past 8 years or so now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And to the person who called Sanchez "capable":

12 TDs, 20 INTs, 63.0 rating on the year. Sure, he was a rookie, but those numbers are flat-out awful. Check out this link with Rick Mirer's career numbers...eerily similar beginning:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MireRi00.htm

Ryan finally took any responsibility away from him in the playoffs, but this is FAR from capable. He's a starting QB in the NFL. Kudos to him, there are only 32 in the world, and he's 1 of them...but that does not make him capable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

Sanchez is a joke so far but buddy won a sb bowl  the same way defence and running the ball and  no passing game .His son has been told this for 23 years.Of course they could never repeat using this model but still.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better!: The JESTS sucked 4 years ago, when Mike Tannenbaum took over. He has virtually turned the entire roster over. Cotchery and Ellis are the only guys left from when Tannenbaum took over. Compare their drafts and free agent signings over the last four years to ours. They have surpassed us, and the gap is widening. As for their offense, Greene was a stud trade-up and is their new Curtis Martin. Edwards will be much better. Sanchez will be much improved. The O-line is great, so is Keller. And now they upgraded the defense with Cromartie. What is the debate here? I give the kudoes to Tannenbaum, not Ryan. He made this possible. Their problem is coming, though: too many good players will have contracts due at the same time. The great equalizer.
    I tried telling people last offseason that the Jets were not going to be as bad as people thought. Last offseason many posters on this board were trying to act like the Jets were going to finish last in the east. Rex Ryan is a good coach, maybe not for the long run as i dont see him out coaching anyone better then him but a good coach none the less and his team was great on D and they came out and they did what i said and over performed and made it to the title game. Now with all that said the Jets still dont have what it takes on offense to beat anyone in the afc on a consistent basis. The Pats D will continue to grow and get better, it may not be as fierce as the Jets but they will be good enough and the Pats Offense will only get better IMO so I still think the Pats will beat the Jets for the East next year. Better coach? The Pats for sure Better QB? The Pats for sure Better Defense? The Jets no doubt about it Better Offense? The Pats for sure Better ST? The Pats for sure (The Ghost is the best kicker in the NFL IMO) Pats are still the kings of the East till the Jets knock them off. I am not saying that Sanchez wont get better cause i think he will but good enough t consistently beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? No way.
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Hey everyones entitled to their own own opinion and everyone has the right to call someone out if they see fit. For instance Hagen was wrong ALL DAY yesterday , Im sorry but you couldnt have been more wrong...about everything! LOL you werent even close! Ok back to this thread , this assesment isnt far off at all. I hate it when people feel the need for their teams to counter anothers move , but the PATS have to. Forget about the jokes , they need to compete with everyone else as well. Like most team last year the Ravens made no secret at all that they were going to run and run on what would have been Big Seys side. And they were effective in doing it. LOL they gave us a huge beatdown , seriously think about the last time a team gave us a chit kicking like that. NO this year , but besides that you have to go back to 06' versus Denver. LOL The scary thing is that they only passed for what 26 yards? And they just added a top ten receiver in Q-B and they picked up Stallworth. If they add one more receiving threat there O could be one of the best in the league , if not the best. Rice , Willis and McClain running the ball , with Q-B , Stallworth and Heap in the passing game , with Flacco throwing the rock...WOW!  If they can upgrade their secodary we could be looking at a great team. It goes w/out saying that Indy will be there in the end. Tennessee is 1-2 players away from being contenders. If they can add another wideout , not a superstar , but someone like a Mason , or Holmes etc. To go along with Washington , Gage , Big Bo and maybe the best back in the league , they'll be contending for that divison and more. Theres a couple other teams in AFC that are in the same position , IMHO one of those teams is the jets. Down play them and our a moron. Their D just got better , say what you want about him , but AC is a better fit for their system than Lito. He'll fit in great in that "read n attack" type scheme , a scheme that we should adopt instead of the "read n react" BS that we play. But we need the players for that and we dont even have the players for our two gap scheme as it is. Im not sure if their better than us right now , but its very , very close. Our D was terrible last year , save your BS stats , Ive never seen a PATS D or any for that matter that gave up so many leads. We have nobody that we can rely on to step up and play the 5 technique which is absolutely key. Get all the pass rush you want , teams will continue to run at will if we dont have one. Our pass rush was a rumor , Im still waiting for Burgess to arrive from Oakland. And our ILB position as a whole was also terrible , Mayo hurt or not had a very bad year. He was slow hitting the hole , whiffed on too many tackles and didnt wrap up when he did get there and failed to diagnose and read critical plays that killed us. Bodden was the only bright spot in the secodary which needs a make-over. It seemed Whilly got burned at least once a game and when he did they were game changing plays or game ending(INDY)! Coming into the year I had a good feeling about Meriweather and thought this was the year he stepped up , the main thing I was concerned about was the consistency of his play. And what do you know that was a huge problem for him...along with just flat out su ck ing. It seemed like he taught the whole team how NOT to tackle and the worst possible angles one could take on making a play. So as of right now Im not exactly full of confidence about our team and with good reason not to be! Again , as of right now! The PATS will do something via trade , draft to be legitimate contenders again. GO PATS!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

He is certainly capable and his play in the post season showed that. What he is not is an All-Pro, at least not for another couple of years. Don't forget, he did not have an extensive college career. His upside is pretty big. Cromartie (2007 version) gives them a secondary, especially if Rhodes plays the whole season like he did the last 6 games perhaps one of the best defensive secondaries we have seen in the last 10 years. But those are some big "ifs".

That being said, until the Pats are proven otherwise, they are still the team to beat in the AFC East and one of the five top teams in the conference.

I think Baltimore got much better yesterday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The offense was still extremely efficient.  The opportunities to score declined, because there was no pass rush to create turnovers, or 3rd down stops.  Posted by jmmyslinski

Jimmy I agreed with most everything you said with the exception of this. The offense last year was anything but efficient. Take away a couple of games and the offense feel apart. At least in the area's that really count. Compared to previous years the red zone offense and 3rd down conversion %'s took a major hit. Along with the eyeball test where the D would come up with a stop and give the O great field position they had trouble getting any points where as in teams past it was almost always points and over 50% TD's. Now this can be accounted for by the lack of a running game leading opposing teams to T off on the pass or the play calls that even my mother was calling, seriously she was actually predicting the game plan as she was watching the game that's how predictable the Pats became, but the truth is the Pats O isn't the efficient juggernaught it was in the past.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Apart from at the key position of QB. The defense is very good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Not really fair to say considering:

The Jets are only better at cornerbacks, linebacker, defensive ends, defensive tackles (with 1 nosetackle being pretty even), special teams (except 1 kicker for NE, but not punter...that goes to NY), offensive line, runningbacks, and each and every tight end with both teams and perhaps NE barely edging them out at safety and wide reciever (unless the Jets sign their free agent wrs, and with welker injured...then it's the jets hands down).  The Pats have a better QB and Head Coach (but not ALL coaches...which goes back to the jets). 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I tried telling people last offseason that the Jets were not going to be as bad as people thought. Last offseason many posters on this board were trying to act like the Jets were going to finish last in the east. Rex Ryan is a good coach, maybe not for the long run as i dont see him out coaching anyone better then him but a good coach none the less and his team was great on D and they came out and they did what i said and over performed and made it to the title game. Now with all that said the Jets still dont have what it takes on offense to beat anyone in the afc on a consistent basis. The Pats D will continue to grow and get better, it may not be as fierce as the Jets but they will be good enough and the Pats Offense will only get better IMO so I still think the Pats will beat the Jets for the East next year. Better coach? The Pats for sure Better QB? The Pats for sure Better Defense? The Jets no doubt about it Better Offense? The Pats for sure Better ST? The Pats for sure (The Ghost is the best kicker in the NFL IMO) Pats are still the kings of the East till the Jets knock them off. I am not saying that Sanchez wont get better cause i think he will but good enough t consistently beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? No way.
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010

Mvp, The Jets are probably one of the only teams that can leave Moss in single coverage, because they have the best CB in Darrell Revis.  That means the can rush Brady with their multiple Rex Ryan all out blitz packages.  With the addition of Cromartie who could cover most of the best WR's in the game, how are the Pats going to match up on offense.  Right now their #3 WR's are Patten and Aiken.  Two guys that could not be a #3 on any other NFL team. 

I think this has more to do with the Pats not filling in the holes than it has to do with the Jets grabbing top talent.  But if the Pats don't make some waves besides Patten and maybe Reed, then on offense they are just not going to match up well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

And to the person who called Sanchez "capable": 12 TDs, 20 INTs, 63.0 rating on the year. Sure, he was a rookie, but those numbers are flat-out awful. Check out this link with Rick Mirer's career numbers...eerily similar beginning: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MireRi00.htm Ryan finally took any responsibility away from him in the playoffs, but this is FAR from capable. He's a starting QB in the NFL. Kudos to him, there are only 32 in the world, and he's 1 of them...but that does not make him capable.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I agree Sanchez will never be a Manning or Brady, but it was still his rookie season and he will improve.  But teams with a strong D and solid running game don't need the best QB to win it all.  QB's like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson of the Bucs are a few I remember.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

With the addition of Cromartie who could cover most of the best WR's in the game, how are the Pats going to match up on offense.  Yes he could, but the big question is will he? That is very much in doubt. Counter as always ...They run 3WR sets.  Yup the Pats need that other WR.

Jenkins returning to form is?

With only Washington as RB, the Jets running game has taken a hit - for now.

The Jet passing game is still suspect.

I don't give any edge to the Jet OL.

Niether team is the finished product.  This debate takes place in the Fall not March. I think it will be an interesting season.  My bet is the Pats are solid at WR, obtain a passrusher to greatly assist the D.  And the Jets will have a very good D and running game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : I agree Sanchez will never be a Manning or Brady, but it was still his rookie season and he will improve.  But teams with a strong D and solid running game don't need the best QB to win it all.  QB's like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson of the Bucs are a few I remember.
    Posted by BBRULES23

BBRULES23, that's the problem with the Jets. those teams win once in a while. The better teams can throw the ball to create a running game. Trust me, when the Ravens won their Super bowl in 2000 they thought they would win 5 more in the next 7 years. In those 7 years they've had great defenses and excellent running teams but no real qb. Sanchez reminds me of Kyle Boler, great arm not much up stairs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

How does the Jets become the better team when they have proved nothing on the field?

Sections
Shortcuts