Right now the Jets are better!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Right now the Jets are better!

I know these are just opinions, but some of you seem to act like your "entitled" to know what the Pats are up to and need to know NOW!!  If you do not see them acting on something, which in your opinion is something they should have, or need, to do, you act as if they ARE doing nothing.  I am quite certain there is a lot going on in the Patriots' offices which is not being divulged to the public and without such information, seems many here think the worst. IE - BBRules opinion the Jets have suddenly become simply "better" than the Pats and we have yet to see the Pats play our their hand fully, including the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I dont think the Jets are a better team.  I will say they had a nice run in the playoffs and Dirty Sanchez looked "improved" in the playoffs as well.  We have to see who shows up next season.  Green didnt look to bad either

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

The Jets are an aging team, the Pats one of the youngest. Revis and Cromartie's contracts expire at the end of the 2010 season. Both will want long term contracts in the $65-$80 mil range, they have to eat after all. Their FO will have no choice but to purge the team of overpaid and underperforming vets like the Redskins just did, 10 longtime favorites released outright. Fat Rex will have panic attacks, gorge himself and balloon to 500 lbs. Mr. Int Sanchez is nothing special. The Pats will acquire FA's that make sense and still have all their draft picks. 11-5 possibly 12-4 in 2010 and another trip to the SB.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

All this means is that the Jerks will be the unanimous pick to win the AFC East next season. The Pats will probably be picked to finish behind the "much improved" Dullphins. That will make our trip to the Super Bowl that much sweeter. Go Pats!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Jests added Cromartie and lost a safety. If Cromartie is so good, why did his team get rid of him for a draft pick?
    Even if Cromartie makes a comeback and plays well, the Jets still finished 2nd to the Pats, and only made the playoffs because other teams lay down at the end. They won a playoff game against a team that ALWAYS chokes in the playoffs.
    So, the Pats will definitely be better that they were last year, with Brady recuperating and the team adjusting to losing so many defensive leaders.  Just adding Cromartie is not going to leap frog them over the Pats, who will improve in the draft.  Unlike the Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

You can't just assume Cromartie will be like he was in 2007. If that's the case, I'll assume the Pats O will also be the same, from that same year, and the Jets could have the 10 best CBs in the league and it still won't be enough to stop the Pats offense.

Yes, it was Sanchez's rookie year, but that statline is atrocious. Show me any other QB who had such a terrible first year and turned into an even middle-of-the-road QB.

Gun slingin Favre? 18tds, 13 Ints year one. 19 TDs 24 INTs year two.

Pennington, the man Favre replaced, who was the man Sanchez replaced? 22TDs, 6 INTs his first full year under center.

How about Jason Campbell, he's towards the middle of the pack: 22/17 over his first 20 games.

My point is that he played on a team with a killer D, very good running game, very good offensive line, his team went out and got him a high-profile WR (whatever your personal opinion, Edwards is good, stone hands, but good)...and he came out and fell flat on his face. All he had to do was NOT be a screw-up...and he failed. What would Flacco or Ryan have done their rookie years on this team? At #6 overall, you better be ready to play, the fact that he had limited college experience was his own greedy decision. Don't forget, PETE CARROLL SAID HE WASN'T READY! And, boy oh boy, was he right. Now the question is does he fold and turn into Ryan Leaf? Or just suffer in mediocrity and be satisfied with being Kyle Boller (7TD/9INT in 11 games as a rookie in a similar situation, good D, running game and O-Line).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Wait until AD joins Fat Rex and AD's good buddy ratchet jaw Scott. Cromartie is a clubhouse cancer and AD is hardy a team player. The Jets will be lucky to go
    8-8. The Jets spend money foolishly and should they resign both Revis and Cromartie, they will have the NFL's 1st $100+ mil CB tandem. Only in NYC! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lets go over this 

Pats QB>>>>>Jets QB-Lol wont even explain
    Pats RB>Jets RB- Maroney,Morris,Taylor is a better monster than Shonn Greene and Woodhead.
    Pats WRs>>>>Jets WRs-Not even close
    Pats TEs<<<<<<Jets TEs- The Pats dont even have a TE under a contract.
    Pats OL=Jets OL= The Jets have a good young OL while the Pats have a great OL as well.

Pats DL>>Jets DL
    Pats LBs<<<<Jets LBs-Other than Mayo its very weak
    Pats CB<<<<<Jets CB-Revis simple as that
    Pats S>>>>>Jets S- Even if they still had Rhodes the Pats safties are so much better than the cr#p they have.

Special teams we got them as well and coaching Bill has got it by light years.

They are stronger than us in a couple positions and matching up on paper the Jets are a team im not worried about whatsoever and no one else should be worried about them. Whoopty flippin doo the Jets are an 8 win team lets watch out for them omg. 

This thread gets a big child please

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

And im sorry but Cromartie? Have any of you actually watched this guy play? Hes the single reason why the Jets won against the Chargers. Hes lazy in run support and when I say lazy he doesnt tackle and isnt willing to tackle. His coverage ability is severly lacking.

I would bet money the last time you watched Cromartie play was against the Pats in the AFC championship game. Ever since that game his career has been on a downward spiral. Hes barley better than Lito Sheppard and that should be saying something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better!:
    How does the Jets become the better team when they have proved nothing on the field?
    Posted by Evil2010

Played the the Colts pretty tough for 3 qtrs in the AFC championship game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : Played the the Colts pretty tough for 3 qtrs in the AFC championship game.
    Posted by BBRULES23

The Pats played the Colts tough for 3 quarters as well and blew it in the last 4 minutes.

Your point?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Tough may backside, Indy had that easily.  Completely outplaying the Jets in teh second half. The Pats played them way tougher during the season. The Jets backed into the playoffs .  Granted they did play well vs Cinci & SD.

They've also lost more than half of their rushing yards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What a dumb post. You think the overrated Cromartie has an impact on whether the Jets or Pats are better? 

Go ahead and play the season out on paper, troll. I'll wait and see how the games go. I expect the Jets to be very good, but Cromartie didn't impact the balance of power at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : The Pats played the Colts tough for 3 quarters as well and blew it in the last 4 minutes. Your point?
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Come on, let's take the blinders off can we.  The Pats also beat the Ravens early in the season, but got embarrassed at home in the playoffs by the same Ravens team.  Hate the Jets all you want, but they turned things around at the end of the season.  How teams finish the season is a good indicator of what to expect the next year.  The Jets went out and picked up a player that you would figure the Pats would be interested in.  It's great that the Pats locked up Wilfork, but as things stand right now, it's the same Pats team that got their butts kicked in the playoffs.  And that's not good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Actaully I figured the Pats wouldn't be interested in Cromartie beacuse of his checkered professional history and personal life. 

The Jets may be a very good defensive team.  But I see no reason to concede anything at this point.  Let's see in the fall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

AND they have a nice new stadium!  you should buy tickets!  and root for them! cause they are better and have a fat funny coach and a shiny new stadium!  go ahead, don't feel bad, JUST LEAVE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

How about we wait until the season starts, and more importantly, wait until the Pats and Jets clash before we start the coronation process.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : Come on, let's take the blinders off can we.  The Pats also beat the Ravens early in the season, but got embarrassed at home in the playoffs by the same Ravens team.  Hate the Jets all you want, but they turned things around at the end of the season.  How teams finish the season is a good indicator of what to expect the next year.  The Jets went out and picked up a player that you would figure the Pats would be interested in.  It's great that the Pats locked up Wilfork, but as things stand right now, it's the same Pats team that got their butts kicked in the playoffs.  And that's not good.
    Posted by BBRULES23

As far as I'm concerned, Pats /> Jets because of Wes Welker. Until the Jets prove they can shut down a quality #2 WR (ran into the same problem with Indy as well, Saints), there is no reason to expect that D is still good enough to make up for what the Jets lack in offensive firepower. Basically, the Jets O kept other teams in games, and I will continue to believe so until they prove otherwise.  Besides, the Jets struggled with Miami, too... Does this change with the signing of Cromartie?

The way my 'blinders' see it, all the Jets really did was get rid of their best offensive weapon, Jones, and *assume* Greene won't be a fumble machine and Sanchez will improve as a passer... How many 2nd year QBs actually take a step backwards, not forwards, in year #2? I still don't see how this team beats a true playoff team like Indy, with 3 legitimate passing threats (Clark, Wayne, Garcon) and a decent running attack once Peyton goes into 'I'm going to take over this game' mode...

I have no doubt the Jets will be 'better', but the NFL has a funny way of rewarding a team that is playing 'better' with a lesser record as per strength of schedule changes, when you catch certain teams, etc. Even if Sanchez is 'better', perhaps that means they attempt more with him which comes at some expense of opening him up for more mistakes as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Well the Jets have a schedule advantage getting Denver and South 2nd, JAX?  While the Pats get SD and Indy and that is not insignificant. 

Pats schedule will be pretty tough with 12 games coming against Indy, SD, Balt, Pitt, Cinci, Minn, GB, Chi, NYJ, MIA, all of whom figure to be play-off contenders.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

AND they have a nice new stadium!  you should buy tickets!  and root for them! cause they are better and have a fat funny coach and a shiny new stadium!  go ahead, don't feel bad, JUST LEAVE!
    Posted by Davedsone

Go wash your Galloway jersey!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : As far as I'm concerned, Pats /> Jets because of Wes Welker. Until the Jets prove they can shut down a quality #2 WR (ran into the same problem with Indy as well, Saints), there is no reason to expect that D is still good enough to make up for what the Jets lack in offensive firepower. Basically, the Jets O kept other teams in games, and I will continue to believe so until they prove otherwise.  Besides, the Jets struggled with Miami, too... Does this change with the signing of Cromartie? The way my 'blinders' see it, all the Jets really did was get rid of their best offensive weapon, Jones, and *assume* Greene won't be a fumble machine and Sanchez will improve as a passer... How many 2nd year QBs actually take a step backwards, not forwards, in year #2? I still don't see how this team beats a true playoff team like Indy, with 3 legitimate passing threats (Clark, Wayne, Garcon) and a decent running attack once Peyton goes into 'I'm going to take over this game' mode... I have no doubt the Jets will be 'better', but the NFL has a funny way of rewarding a team that is playing 'better' with a lesser record as per strength of schedule changes, when you catch certain teams, etc. Even if Sanchez is 'better', perhaps that means they attempt more with him which comes at some expense of opening him up for more mistakes as well.
    Posted by Physics

I'm not saying the Jets should be the superbowl favorites next season, but their filling holes and spending the most $$ to build the best team they can.   The problem is with the Pats not fill in many holes.  Brady is still the best QB, but he can't do it alone.  He needs weapons, WR's and TE's.  If fans think the draft is going to be the answer, then they should look at the Past.  The Pats trade down, load up on picks for the next year, and fail to hit on many of those lower picks.  I guess that's why Seau keeps coming back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better!: San Diego is going South. And with Norv Turner safely at the helm, that will continue. Another game with Indy?
    Well the Jets have a schedule advantage getting Denver and South 2nd, JAX?  While the Pats get SD and Indy and that is not insignificant.  Pats schedule will be pretty tough with 12 games coming against Indy, SD, Balt, Pitt, Cinci, Minn, GB, Chi, NYJ, MIA, all of whom figure to be play-off contenders.   
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

So your going with Sanchez over Brady ....  I don't care if the Jets got Ben Herr !when Brady is the game we have a fighting chance week in week out to me thats all can expect .

Show some faith in Brady he is as we all should know a 3  x time SB  Champ.
    What is Sanchez cough cough a rookie

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

"...  I am quite certain there is a lot going on in the Patriots' offices which is not being divulged to the public and without such information, seems many here think the worst. IE - BBRules opinion the Jets have suddenly become simply "better" than the Pats and we have yet to see the Pats play our their hand fully, including the draft.
    Posted by agcsbill"

agcs, I will add that they have not played on the field.

BB is the same guy who wanted TO signed by the Pats. If I remember correctly, he also wanted Westbrook (not as bad an idea, I guess). The Pats did neither of his ideas, so I guess the team will now be doomed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

So your going with Sanchez over Brady ....  I don't care if the Jets got Ben Herr !when Brady is the game we have a fighting chance week in week out to me thats all can expect .   Show some faith in Brady he is as we all should know a 3  x time SB  Champ. What is Sanchez cough cough a rookie
    Posted by hoyle

If your going to respond to my post, then how about reading them first.  As I said before, Brady can't do it alone, he needs weapons.  You know, those guys that run routes and catch the ball.

Sections
Shortcuts